Server Status Thread

General discussion and socializing.

Re: Server Status Thread

Postby vatas » Sun May 17, 2020 7:18 pm

Is anyone else having massive lag on loading resources? (res-files, meaning that when you exit house it takes ages to load)
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby Nightdawg » Sun May 17, 2020 7:57 pm

vatas wrote:Is anyone else having massive lag on loading resources? (res-files, meaning that when you exit house it takes ages to load)

I believe that's clientsided. I get black screen when I zoom out too much in the world map while also moving in game. Assets (res-files) just stop loading till my big map fully loads. Still waiting on rendering rewrite
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby Tarnum » Wed May 27, 2020 8:51 am

Crashed
W3 LS of Boar Bay
W4 LS of Herbalist
W5 LS of Axes village
W6 LS of Abode of Hermit
W7 LS of Tarnum's Hermitage
W8 Hermit
W9 Emerald City, Ni Knights
W10 King of Silver Soul
W11 AD, LS of Ocean Store
Tarnum

Postby reilen » Wed May 27, 2020 9:30 am

bad time for crash ((
Attachments
oops.jpg
oops.jpg (54.63 KiB) Viewed 811 times
reilen

Postby Okocim » Wed May 27, 2020 9:31 am

loftar wrote:I seem to have introduced a memory leak in the server sometime in the past couple of weeks, which made it hit the memory restriction I introduced a couple of months ago. I've tried a number of things, but I haven't yet managed to find the cause of the leak. Apparently, it's leaking at a rate that somewhat consistently makes it hit the limit after almost exactly slightly less than a week of uptime. Until I manage to find it, I've thus raised to memory limit so that it should survive between patches.

I guess patch is being late :D
Okocim

Postby Kitamie » Wed May 27, 2020 10:00 am

Soooo do we have any idea on what's happening withthe server at this stage or when it will be back up? Like is it just a restart or does things have to be fixed before it gets back up?
Kitamie

Postby bloopyboop » Wed May 27, 2020 10:09 am

Kitamie wrote:Soooo do we have any idea on what's happening withthe server at this stage or when it will be back up? Like is it just a restart or does things have to be fixed before it gets back up?

Loftar left some comments on the Home page. As far as I've read, he's noticed the crash, tried shutting down the server, had troubles shutting down the server, then it eventually shut down, followed by Loftar saying something about doing a bugfix and that's where we are now.
bloopyboop

Postby Audiosmurf » Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:37 pm

Was threatening to quit for the last little while. :(
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby Feorh » Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:32 pm

crashed
Feorh

Postby Kearn » Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:33 pm

Kearn wrote:literally unplayable
Kearn

PreviousNext

Return to The Inn of Brodgar