General discussion and socializing.

Re: Server Status Thread

Postby Zyean » Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:20 am

The server is currently shut down.

Shut down!? *panic*
Zyean

Postby Reeyfer » Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:46 pm

And... it crashed again, with no lag or anything beforehand. I was boating ofc, first time in a long time so as soon as i get boating it crashes. So this will be my second death thanks to bugs and lag. Really starting to think about just not bothering to subscribe; they could have at least held off on making people pay until the game ran something close to properly.
Reeyfer

Postby subie » Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:46 pm

aaaand its dead again
subie

Postby Hawk123 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:47 pm

Reeyfer wrote:And... it crashed again, with no lag or anything beforehand. I was boating ofc, first time in a long time so as soon as i get boating it crashes. So this will be my second death thanks to bugs and lag. Really starting to think about just not bothering to subscribe; they could have at least held off on making people pay until the game ran something close to properly.

R.I.P
Funny thing i actually planned on sailing prepared everything and bum it crashed
"Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot."
-Anonymous
"Anybody can become angry, that is easy; but to be angry with the right person, and to the right degree, and at the right time,
and for the right purpose, and in the right way, that is not within everybody's power - that is not easy."
-Aristotle
Hawk123

Postby Reeyfer » Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:50 pm

Hawk123 wrote:
Reeyfer wrote:And... it crashed again, with no lag or anything beforehand. I was boating ofc, first time in a long time so as soon as i get boating it crashes. So this will be my second death thanks to bugs and lag. Really starting to think about just not bothering to subscribe; they could have at least held off on making people pay until the game ran something close to properly.

R.I.P
Funny thing i actually planned on sailing prepared everything and bum it crashed

Yeah that's not how my luck works. I hadn't gotten in a boat for a day because the game kept crashing then the lag lessened to pretty much nothing so I'm thinking, "time to boat and do some fishing," and bang, server's down.

Honestly I don't even understand why crashing in a boat still kills you; assuming it does, I guess I'll see. SO many simple things that they just don't bother to fix that are, if not game-breaking, then at least infuriating. That's between ten and fourteen hours down the drain on this char, assuming it hasn't been fixed.
Reeyfer

Postby Robi » Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:57 pm

It is only day 3.. of essentially a brand new game. Shit happens, just wait a few days for things to stabilize before you go boating.
"You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?"
Robi

Postby wonder-ass » Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:13 pm

guess i wont boat lol RIP people with boats :)
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby loftar » Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:14 pm

I did find that you might be having trouble with boats if you're logging out while redhanded/outlawed. A fix is on its way, though.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby CloudJhi » Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:24 pm

....what the hell was that roll back?
I don't mind losing my things but....an entire fucking cave? Just up and vanishing? what the fuck.
what
the
fuck
W3 to W6 - Blockland. Special mentions: New Avalon, Tarn of Hotdog, Red October.
W7 - Elvenia, til we all got lazy.
W8 - Cult of R'lyeh, til the deeps called us back.
W9 - Tartarus, til death/wizards came for the land itself.
W10 - ???, ruined and forgotten.
CloudJhi

Postby Reeyfer » Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:38 pm

Woohoo apparently the boat thing is no longer a thing. I was still in it when i logged back on. All praise jorbtar.
Reeyfer

PreviousNext

Return to The Inn of Brodgar