Server Status Thread

General discussion and socializing.

Re: Server Status Thread

Postby D00mHouse » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:01 pm

Can I get some form of compensation for my character dying of a server crash?
D00mHouse

Postby Ailaa » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:02 pm

Ohh it crashed...how unexpected.
Ailaa

Postby BangPow » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:02 pm

RAAAAGGGGEEEE!!!!! ok I feel better! :D
Before enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. ~Zen Buddhist Proverb
BangPow

Postby smileyguy4you » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:03 pm

so if im f2p or verified i dont get screwed when servers crash, but if i subscribe im losing play time whenever the server is down since its a time frame instead of played hours tracked correct?
smileyguy4you

Postby D00mHouse » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:04 pm

smileyguy4you wrote:so if im f2p or verified i dont get screwed when servers crash, but if i subscribe im losing play time whenever the server is down since its a time frame instead of played hours tracked correct?

They verified that it is not so.
Every second the server is down is added to your monthly subscription
D00mHouse

Postby Hithroc » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:05 pm

smileyguy4you wrote:so if im f2p or verified i dont get screwed when servers crash, but if i subscribe im losing play time whenever the server is down since its a time frame instead of played hours tracked correct?

No.
Behold the might of the arakkoa!
Hithroc

Postby lachlaan » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:05 pm

Loftar said subscription end dates tick upwards whenever the server is down. That means that if it's down a day your end date gets pushed back a day.
lachlaan

Postby Xalorian » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:06 pm

Why would anyone subscribe before using their free 48 hours anyway? Servers should be stable before anyone get to that point, since servers are down most of the time.
Xalorian

Postby LeonxnoeL » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:11 pm

Xalorian wrote:

Why would anyone subscribe before using their free 48 hours anyway? Servers should be stable before anyone get to that point, since servers are down most of the time.

Heck, servers will be even more stable after most of the freebie population stop playing when the pay wall comes bashing in.
Random hermit looking for jolly cooperation and socialization.
LeonxnoeL

Postby smileyguy4you » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:13 pm

lachlaan wrote:

Loftar said subscription end dates tick upwards whenever the server is down. That means that if it's down a day your end date gets pushed back a day.

sorry to derail a bit, ok, good to hear, since there is no dev tracker on this forum....do you have a link to where thats said?

and other question then, if i verify and then subscribe, each month do i still get the hours stacked up or do the hours expire each month with a fresh new 12 or 24...i guess do the hours roll over and do we still earn them when subscribed..want details and hard info/answers from the developers before putting down any cash and it is a pain to search for on the forums.
smileyguy4you

PreviousNext

Return to The Inn of Brodgar