Server Status Thread

General discussion and socializing.

Re: Server Status Thread

Postby Audiosmurf » Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:06 pm

blz stob
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby loftar » Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:08 pm

I'm sorry about that disturbance. I was trying to debug something, and the debugger is misbehaving. I won't try again until I've figured out why offline.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Burinn » Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:15 pm

loftar wrote:I'm sorry about that disturbance. I was trying to debug something, and the debugger is misbehaving. I won't try again until I've figured out why offline.

you deleted the horse i was riding on when the game crashed.

you just made an enemy for life.
sabinati wrote:do you expect me to just check the forum constantly, fuck off
Burinn

Postby Rodyan » Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:17 pm

Shit, i too lost horse! Spawn without it.
Rodyan

Postby loftar » Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:21 pm

Oh, I'm so sorry about that. At the second crash, I thought there wasn't anything that could have happened given how little time the server had been up, so I prioritized just getting it back up as soon as possible instead of spending time on getting it entirely properly shut down. As it turns out, that can indeed kill horses that you had been logged out with. I'm afraid the data is entirely gone, so there isn't a whole lot I can do about that any longer (I can't even see who would have been affected), but your sacrifices will be remembered going forward.
loftar

Postby Uriel » Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:36 pm

loftar wrote:Oh, I'm so sorry about that. At the second crash, I thought there wasn't anything that could have happened given how little time the server had been up, so I prioritized just getting it back up as soon as possible instead of spending time on getting it entirely properly shut down. As it turns out, that can indeed kill horses that you had been logged out with. I'm afraid the data is entirely gone, so there isn't a whole lot I can do about that any longer (I can't even see who would have been affected), but your sacrifices will be remembered going forward.

LoL :D
Uriel

Postby Vegan420 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:01 pm

loftar wrote:Oh, I'm so sorry about that. At the second crash, I thought there wasn't anything that could have happened given how little time the server had been up, so I prioritized just getting it back up as soon as possible instead of spending time on getting it entirely properly shut down. As it turns out, that can indeed kill horses that you had been logged out with. I'm afraid the data is entirely gone, so there isn't a whole lot I can do about that any longer (I can't even see who would have been affected), but your sacrifices will be remembered going forward.

lmfao
Vegan420

Postby Vegan420 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:02 pm

Also Loftar what is the status of the server? I am guessing offline because i can't log in lol
Is this a big maintenance? Usually server is down for 10 minutes or so, this one seems longer?

*edit*
server came online just as i posted dis
I probably missed the ingame server announcement message
Vegan420

Postby loftar » Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:05 pm

Vegan420 wrote:Also Loftar what is the status of the server? I am guessing offline because i can't log in lol
Is this a big maintenance? Usually server is down for 10 minutes or so, this one seems longer?

It tends to say on the front page. In this case, it should have said that I was testing a bugfix, which was because it had crashed from a bug (in the pathfinding algorithm).
loftar

Postby Kearn » Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:32 am

rrrrrrip
Kearn

PreviousNext

Return to The Inn of Brodgar