Server Status Thread

General discussion and socializing.

Re: Server Status Thread

Postby pawnchito » Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:10 am

I'm getting all kinds of stutters when clicking around. sometimes my guy is chilling then finally catches my input. Hasn't been this bad in a while.
pawnchito

Postby lagrits » Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:09 pm

Also experience terrible stutter and lag
lagrits

Postby YagoTheFrood » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:15 pm

Same here. I haven't been able to do anything but take care of my farm and animals because of it. Even farming is pretty annoying. Hopefully the underlying cause will reveal itself soon.
YagoTheFrood

Postby Witgang1 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:54 am

on a more serious not have you guys thought to check temps for other things than cpu? like north bridge? i know that would most likely cause crashes but it's worth checking, another thing i'd suspect is faulty PSU , weird power settings,bad memory or bad PPM(processor power module)
Witgang1

Postby iamahh » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:13 pm

I think the server is outsourced, so could take a while to fix
iamahh

Postby vatas » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:53 pm

iamahh wrote:I think the server is outsourced, so could take a while to fix

Loftar should have full control over the software on server but if the lag is caused by the "server CPU dropping to 800Mhz" issue he probably can't do much other than to complain to Hezner if this is a hardware issue.

I would appreciate any communication, even if it's "we are still having the same issue and currently donät know how to fix it but I'm looking into it."
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby loftar » Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:44 pm

It is indeed still the same problem. I'm still pondering what to do about it.

Witgang1 wrote:on a more serious not have you guys thought to check temps for other things than cpu? like north bridge?

The only other sensors I've been able to find on the server display totally sensible temperatures in the 50-60 °C range. They aren't labelled to software, though, so I can't exactly tell what they are other than that they're on the SMBus, so probably somewhere on the motherboard.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

F. lags

Postby Moti » Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:30 am

What is happening? Why are the strongest lags and freezes tormenting the players for the second week, and you are not doing anything? What is this disrespect for the players?
Last edited by MagicManICT on Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged into Server Status thread
Moti

Postby Fostik » Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:36 am

loftar wrote: I'm still pondering what to do about it.

Nothing you can do with vendor hardware, have you tried reach hosting support?
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Postby Witgang1 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:49 am

this looks like a hardware problem most likely and since is outsourced we are a the mercy of they'r customer support

until then could you dial in some settings that would ease the load on the server? like animals moving around like crazy? not sure if they move only on client side and then server updates once in a while but having big villages with thousands of animals and bots walking around could really put stress on the server.
Witgang1

PreviousNext

Return to The Inn of Brodgar