Sieze The Day

General discussion and socializing.

Sieze The Day

Postby Rhiannon » Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:09 am

You are dev? A Real one? Every played what they now call "Legacy Haven"? Seen what they just did after 8 years? Saw the reaction?
Well , here's your chance. Can you clone it? Even just as good as the state it was in? Wanna be a millionaire? DO it now.

Drop it in Steam early access for a 6 month run at 4.99, spend an hour to create a trading card set, then a couple more to add 25-30 achievements, then release it at 9.99 with 50-75% off sales every 3 months, show your presence and patches. You'll be a millionaire in less than a year.

These two just opened that door for you, all ya have to do is step though it.
************************************ RAVENHOLM ************************************
***************************** IN LIEBE UND FREUNDSCHAFT *************************
************************************* Für Immer **************************************
Rhiannon

Re: Sieze The Day

Postby Massa » Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:11 am

yeah just take the publicly released source code for the game and release it

you don't need to create servers or fix the netcode issues, those are all just intratube magic.

MONI
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

Postby Vigilance » Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:24 am

Massa wrote:yeah just take the publicly released source code for the game and release it

you don't need to create servers or fix the netcode issues, those are all just intratube magic.

MONI

Implying a game needs to work to make money on steam. lel
"Tosak gets the guys undressed faster than their girlfriends can." -NaoWhut
http://i.imgur.com/5cQiL.png http://i.imgur.com/lYyAA.png
Vigilance

Postby Rhiannon » Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:28 am

Massa wrote:yeah just take the publicly released source code for the game and release it

MONI

Perhaps you missed the first 2 questions, idiot, they were "You a dev?" and "A real one?". You don't honestly think a developer wouldn't know about a server for an mmo or it's requirements? There's already a couple trying it, just not very well. The FACTS still stand. And you can bet someone will now...Since that niche group is now homeless.
************************************ RAVENHOLM ************************************
***************************** IN LIEBE UND FREUNDSCHAFT *************************
************************************* Für Immer **************************************
Rhiannon

Postby HarryDresden » Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:30 am

Vigilance wrote:

MONI

Implying a game needs to work to make money on steam. lel

Yeah, have people not seen DayZ? I was thrown from the top of a crane into a building 200 squares away, only to survive. Then I tried to go down a step and lost a fully kitted character.
Yes, I am a Wizard.
loftar wrote: bear fruit is not something I can predict,.

Beborn Beton wrote: "Don't Worry, They Won't Find My Body, I Want You To Know I Found Peace In Another World."
HarryDresden

Postby Massa » Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:35 am

Rhiannon wrote:

MONI

Perhaps you missed the first 2 questions, idiot, they were "You a dev?" and "A real one?". You don't honestly think a developer wouldn't know about a server for an mmo or it's requirements? There's already a couple trying it, just not very well. The FACTS still stand. And you can bet someone will now...Since that niche group is now homeless.

You're cute, calling me an idiot.

Look son, I, unlike you, can speak the English language. What are you, Polska?
I will put you in the ground son, 1v1 me.
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

Postby Badddup » Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:41 am

Is anyone working on a legit rival to Haven? Something that takes inspiration from the game, but mixes in some fresh thinking.

A little bit of competition could do Haven some good.
Badddup

Postby Rhiannon » Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:13 am

Massa wrote:
Rhiannon wrote:

MONI

You're cute, calling me an idiot.

Look son, I, unlike you, can speak the English language. What are you, Polska?
I will put you in the ground son, 1v1 me.

I've got your vagina right here "son". If you think calling some blowhard an idiot on a forum is exclusive to people with penises I can assure you that you are incorrect. Likewise to me worrying about you putting me on the ground ya old fart...lol

As for your question, there is a few games on steam trying to do something similar, such as Stonehearth and Rising World, though as to whether they can flesh it out remains to be seen. Someone needs to make an isometric 2.5 clone and it'll make them a bundle.

Stonehearth, rising world,
Rhiannon

Postby Darruin » Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:23 am

The only people even complaining are the cheapos who wouldn't make you rich anyway, all the others are actually playing hafen :P
Darruin

Postby Gotohellcadz » Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:23 am

I might be able to whip something up, i've been learning programming for about a year now so it's worth a shot considering the shitstorm haven's currently in.
Gotohellcadz

Next

Return to The Inn of Brodgar