Old Haven

General discussion and socializing.

Old Haven

Postby Nicstar543543 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:14 pm

A question for Jorb and Loftar that I have concerns Old H&H. Currently if I spend 15$ to upgrade my account I can unlimitedly play the old Haven and Hearth, however it is only a matter of time before the old dies out and nobody plays and who knows, it will most likely be shut down to reduce server costs. My question is will there ever be a way for people with upgraded accounts to host their own server of old HnH using hamachi or something of the type? Otherwise, I'm not willing to spend the 15$ to upgrade my account for a tiny smidgen of time per day on new HnH and only to have the old one shut down with no way of playing again. I think this would be a great idea because it would basically become a 1 time purchase for a singleplayer/co-op game and tbh I wouldn't mind paying for that at all.

This could also be a totally retard question and I'm not sure if it is, calm the flames if so ;)
Nicstar543543

Re: Old Haven

Postby DanteThanatos » Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:59 pm

I would buy that too.
If I could I would heal and help people, but in this realm I can't...Wait...elixirs? *Dons Plague Doctor mask*
W5: Hermit // W6: Hermit // W7: Lawspeaker of Fox's Tails // W8: Lawspeaker of Fox's Tails // W9: Emerald City // W10: Hermit // W11-12: Absent // W13: ...
DanteThanatos

Postby infectedking » Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:38 pm

I don't feel that it is a retarded question, since they're basically killing off the old server by making people pay $15 just to play for a server that is dying due to lack of playerbase, there was like maybe 30 active people playing continuously throughout the last month or 2 of haven&hearth.

W7 (Legacy Haven) had an issue back in the day with Pigs mass breeding in a village called High Hill, Also another Island with sheep doing the exact same, so the server had to band together to solve the issue but mass slaughtering them all, i wonder how long Jorb and Loftar are going to keep the server running with like 75% of the active people that were playing quitting and their villages just becoming mass breeding sessions for pigs/sheeps again, The animal epidemic will take a hell of a lot less time to cause mass server lag this time due to everyone everywhere who doesn't take care of their animals anymore.

GG Wellplayed.
dafels wrote:I like to be under Frosty's command.

Any Questions about the game or anything, hit me up on skype: deadlytroll1 Or you can find me in the hedgehug realm chat on discord.
W7: Hermit
W8: Peaceful Farmer of F&I
W9: Peaceful Farmer of F&I
W10: deserter-Peaceful Farmer of F&I
infectedking

Postby powlius » Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:49 pm

I`d love the idea of buying hnh and playing it in singleplayer mode.
powlius

Postby borka » Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:44 pm

my animals are seperated ...
borka

Postby Redlaw » Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:47 pm

The few I had, likely died last month, given I died when traveling in a wagon across country lol. So for me they are not a worry.
Redlaw

Postby KAMUFLAGE » Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:08 pm

sign me in ill buy that too :P
KAMUFLAGE

Postby spawningmink » Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:10 pm

with not having to have player contact in this game (auto hearth) its already single player tbh
ChildhoodObossite wrote:I actually lowkey admire Frosty, sometimes he can be a really cool guy

spawningmink
Under curfew

Postby Ozzy123 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:46 pm

I wish I could set up an own legacy server just to have some pvp with my old pals mmmmmm that would be the best thing j&l ever did
epicbuds wrote:just got this game a bad review on my website and will post on every forum and game page i can think of to tell people to stay away from this site this game is a joke

viruseg wrote:Kill all new players for no reason. Polish scum came running and killed me with a crowd. Suck fuck fucks..
Ozzy123

Postby strpk0 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:09 pm

Honestly, I kind of agree with this. Allowing for people to host their own servers of the legacy haven could spawn a pretty neat community of modding and whatnot, and also give the verification fee quite a bit more value.
Problem is playercount possibly slightly declining due to this, but I don't think even that would be too much of an issue.
Granger wrote:Fuck off, please go grow yourself some decency.

strpk0

Next

Return to The Inn of Brodgar