Old Haven

General discussion and socializing.

Re: Old Haven

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:15 pm

pls reset the old server i would play it 24/7 and no many others who wud, id even pay 4 subscription 2 it if it was reset
ChildhoodObesity

Postby simimi » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:24 pm

We need people in Hafen to test the patchs and be ready for next world.
simimi

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:30 pm

simimi wrote:We need people in Hafen to test the patchs and be ready for next world.

the people currently playing haven would most likely keep playing but theres whole factions of people who quit and i know lots of them would love to just play old haven on a new world
ChildhoodObesity

Postby pedorlee » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:39 pm

If they do that they will loose thr monopoly of their only resource and lots of players will leave the official one. Ive seen this before. Sooner or later someone will be capable of adding new content and stuff and probably someone will start adding a donation system. Im just guessing and this doesnt necessarily need to happen, but the risk is high. Once I heard that someone did through reverse engineering a server with the game, dont know if its true. If I were jorb or loftar I wouldnt do that. Also, as soon as the game advance in content and balance and they stary advertising it, population will grow. There is a lot of people out there playing to big turds just because thry have reached the right markets. Haven will work.
pedorlee

Postby Kaios » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:42 pm

ChildhoodObesity wrote:the people currently playing haven would most likely keep playing but theres whole factions of people who quit and i know lots of them would love to just play old haven on a new world

I still don't understand why and even if they reset the legacy world how is it supposed to be fun getting all your shit setup again and looking for resources and blah blah blah? You just did it for this world and can in fact continue to do such things if you wanted. Plz someone explain the appeal of legacy haven to me because you're still doing the same shit.
Kaios

Postby Amanda44 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:58 pm

You're doing it with less complicated and time consuming mechanics for a start, also a lot of ppl (not me) prefer the graphics, then there is the fact that it's a one off payment for unlimited access and for Davis, Troll and some of the others that I know of the combat system is preferable.

I never understood the old combat but I do understand the card system and can now hunt successfully without my sling, so, I'm really happy with it. :D
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby jorb » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:01 pm

ChildhoodObesity wrote:pls reset the old server i would play it 24/7 and no many others who wud, id even pay 4 subscription 2 it if it was reset

What was so great about it?
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Kaios » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:09 pm

Amanda44 wrote:I never understood the old combat but I do understand the card system and can now hunt successfully without my sling, so, I'm really happy with it. :D

I don't know who they think they are going to kill other than each other, the legacy world is still big and if they reset they'd essentially be splitting up remaining players between two servers. The only reason anyone not in to PvP would come back for a legacy reset would be for the initial early game feeling/rush and then they'd quit a little bit after because ABSOLUTELY NOTHING IS MORE INTERESTING ABOUT IT!!!!
Kaios

Postby Amanda44 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:32 pm

Kaios wrote:
Amanda44 wrote:I never understood the old combat but I do understand the card system and can now hunt successfully without my sling, so, I'm really happy with it. :D

I don't know who they think they are going to kill other than each other, the legacy world is still big and if they reset they'd essentially be splitting up remaining players between two servers. The only reason anyone not in to PvP would come back for a legacy reset would be for the initial early game feeling/rush and then they'd quit a little bit after because ABSOLUTELY NOTHING IS MORE INTERESTING ABOUT IT!!!!

:lol: ... Kaios, I wouldn't leave here for legacy, completely, but the legacy playstyle is still appealing even to me in some ways. I understand why so many players want it. I do occasionally play over there and I do miss some of the old ways. :)

It was easier in legacy and faster paced, no fate curios, simple farming, better returns when mining, there is also still a lot of content missing and I know new stuff has been added here but it still 'seems' like there was more to do in legacy. (Not entirely sure if that is accurate as a fact though.) I'm not going to deny that I find here a lot slower paced and I do get bored, and, I'm not the only one.
I haven't even b/walled in this version because it just takes far too long and I can't be bothered. I don't care enough about my stuff and that can't be good.

It would not make any sense to reset legacy though for the reasons you say, they need to make this version more appealing and coax the players back. :D
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby Kaios » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:51 pm

Amanda44 wrote::lol: ... Kaios, I wouldn't leave here for legacy, completely, but the legacy playstyle is still appealing even to me in some ways. I understand why so many players want it. I do occasionally play over there and I do miss some of the old ways. :)

I can understand that

It was easier in legacy and faster paced, no fate curios, simple farming, better returns when mining, there is also still a lot of content missing and I know new stuff has been added here but it still 'seems' like there was more to do in legacy. (Not entirely sure if that is accurate as a fact though.) I'm not going to deny that I find here a lot slower paced and I do get bored, and, I'm not the only one.
I haven't even b/walled in this version because it just takes far too long and I can't be bothered. I don't care enough about my stuff and that can't be good.

I don't really understand some of this though. Yes, I agree it was faster paced in terms of character development. We had the learning ability % and change/tradition slider to increase this amount along with pearl gear for a further increase. LP gain in the new Haven is very slow without learning ability. I'm also not sure what you mean by better returns from mining as with the all of the related mining skills you get the same yield from ore as if you had gone full industry.

Menial tasks like brick making have not really changed all that much, the addition of stone in walls is not that huge of a barrier but I will concede the way clay digging works now does have an effect on this. Rather than being able to dig out of the same tile until it decreases in quality to the point where you are unable to dig further, we now have tiles that simply 'run out' of clay and have to be regenerated. This certainly slows down the process as you keep moving further and further away from the kilns to continue digging.

Farming is probably the one mechanic I can agree has been changed quite significantly from legacy but personally I don't mind the way it is now.

Here is one pretty big reason I think Haven 2 is much better:

jorb wrote:Changed quality tracking to floating point to track quality fractions. Qualities gathered from nature are almost always integral. Most qualities belonging to "cycling" processes are made integral by rounding to nearest: crops, silk, tree planting, cattle, &c. Building qualities are made integral by rounding to nearest.
Kaios

PreviousNext

Return to The Inn of Brodgar