Murder ants confirmed: IE Sev dies like a nub

General discussion and socializing.

Re: Murder ants confirmed: IE Sev dies like a nub

Postby MagicManICT » Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:15 pm

Army Ants confirmed.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby jorb » Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:16 pm

Working as intended!
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Ragnar214 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:21 pm

Sevenless wrote:You guys think the run 3 ants are bad eh? I just found... well... they moved at run 4. Cliff didn't save me, and I had a big enough hive following that each one got a hit off and killed me outright from 94hhp.

RIP Minipig you'll be missed. Never thought that'd I'd be the one dying to ants XD Don't risk hills with more than 4 ants around them is the takeaway from this one.

What was your unarmed?

What I do, is make sure to pick the slower ants ant hill then run away as fast as I can. Get them to follow. Take a drink, then run back and raid again then run away again to get the ants even farther away, then sprint all the way back and raid the hill.

That timer with the Ant Hill. Is that how long you have to raid the hill? That's the only reason I've been doing it this way. If I can drag the ants waaaay aways without having to worry about a time then thats pretty good and I'll change my strategy.
Ragnar214

Postby Karede » Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:32 pm

jorb wrote:Working as intended!

So some of the ants being fast is WAD?
Also, first aid when?
Karede

Postby painhertz » Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:38 pm

Welcome to the Black Parade.....
"I shall PERSONALLY witness for you at the shiny, chrome gates of Valhalla!"
painhertz

Postby Sad3e3 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:07 pm

jorb wrote:Working as intended!

You mean that some of the ants are supposed to have high speed? Will you introduce leeches again?
Btw, cool update, it's a shame I can't afford to pay for it.
Sad3e3

Postby simimi » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:14 pm

How do you know before raiding if there is a ant on EPO in the group ?
Cause I gave up raiding ants after a severe KO.
simimi

Postby Jesus_Smith_Nandez » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:15 pm

Aperson wrote:the second I saw that they didn't care about shallow water I mostly gave up on ants ngl

this pretty much tbh fam
HnH Videos
God bless
Jesus_Smith_Nandez

Postby VDZ » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:21 pm

With 5 unarmed you can just melee the ants if you know what you're doing. Check out this tutorial for how the combat works. Basically, you make sure you have a fitting block (that is, Sidestep or Watch Its Moves) set up whenever you touch the ants and you'll receive no damage. Be sure to walk away to set up your block whenever you are hit because it destroys your block.

If done right, you'll receive no damage at all. Blocks can be set up from range. Once you unlock Watch Its Move, you can have Sidestep and Watch Its Moves set at the same time to have a buffer for two attacks. Once you reach 15 AGI (apparently) your cooldown should be shorter than the ants and you can fight them without moving.

It's a lot faster than killing ants used to be in old Haven, especially once you get used to it.
VDZ

Postby Sevenless » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:29 pm

VDZ wrote:With 5 unarmed you can just melee the ants if you know what you're doing. Check out this tutorial for how the combat works. Basically, you make sure you have a fitting block (that is, Sidestep or Watch Its Moves) set up whenever you touch the ants and you'll receive no damage. Be sure to walk away to set up your block whenever you are hit because it destroys your block.

If done right, you'll receive no damage at all. Blocks can be set up from range. Once you unlock Watch Its Move, you can have Sidestep and Watch Its Moves set at the same time to have a buffer for two attacks. Once you reach 15 AGI (apparently) your cooldown should be shorter than the ants and you can fight them without moving.

It's a lot faster than killing ants used to be in old Haven, especially once you get used to it.

In the previous haven, fighting casually was something I frowned upon heavily due to increasing the chance you'd fight back intruders without proper preparation. I was thoroughly testing the non-combat stuff before getting started on that.

Looks like I payed the price for that one :P

Edit: GTFO video guides!!! You are an inferior guide format! *harumphs*
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

PreviousNext

Return to The Inn of Brodgar