Maze is dead~

General discussion and socializing.

Maze is dead~

Postby maze » Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:38 am

Well, I was logged out getting my Tims~ since I am Canadian.
got a phone call from my village mate that my char suddenly died in front of him.

I walk back home turn on my computer, log on and low and behold.

So I wanna state to everyone. just cuz you log out, does not mean you'll see your char the next time you log in.

Noting other then my char standing still for a few hours and he died.

Where is the afk checker from old HnH that logged people out after 10-15mins? nope dead.
This is the 2ed time in this world I died cuz of a bug.

But cuz the system does not state "BUG!!!!!!" i wont be getting my char back.

you might be saying oooo crying cuz you died quiting cuz you died. no i've died before i've come back. pvp deaths are acceptable.
the 1st time i died to a bug i let it slide. but this is the 2ed time.

Since I'm not getting my char back and yet again died of another bug and likly will die of another. no point in playing.

So I'm leaving my legacy to the people who hear me cry for a moment.

This game is good, aside from bad bugs that will get you killed, the players who are ass holes and the only way to keep up with other players is finding exploits and using bots.

but good game.

I had about 14 people in my village, all whom are from around the world.
i meet a few on my travels, some were old friends from old worlds. Others we found on the forums.
the village is nice. bob dole is dead so the area is peaceful atm. . .So meeting locals is pretty fun.
We had an odd system but oddly no drama other then "where did this go?!" and "Arty you cut down all my high q trees and turn them into cubers!?"

I own 4 toons.
2 forgers, 1 fighter, 1 farmer.

my 1st death was on my farmer - the 1st week when the server crashed and I logged back in and died to drowning. day later J&L patch a fix to prevent people from suddenly drowning and being able to Hearth back when spawning into water.

the 2ed time was on my forger when bob dole killed him in a swamp.

the 3ed death was today on my farmer, again. cuz he was logged in by a bug. while my computer was shutdown.

~~~now what am I going to leave you all? ~~~
Why of course my maps. It's not like I'll need them now.
Enjoy.
1st you'll need to download the mapping tool: viewtopic.php?f=49&t=41026
Then download my dropbox map file.: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ghnq44bpuxkhixb/5.rar?dl=0
if dropbox is not working this is my google docs.: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7twDs ... sp=sharing
read the read me in the mapping tool file~ get a big map~ profit.
Last edited by maze on Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
WARNING! MY ENGISH SUCKS.
game ideas
maze

Re: Maze is dead~

Postby Galthon » Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:49 am

Sorry to hear that, man. I understand the frustration, I've taken more beatdowns in this world then in the last 3 put together, and recovering from that definitely sucks a LOT more, even with infrastructure and friends.
Thanks for the map files, always a boon to us map junkies. :)
Galthon

Postby Vigilance » Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:02 am

hey cool, free maps
"Tosak gets the guys undressed faster than their girlfriends can." -NaoWhut
http://i.imgur.com/5cQiL.png http://i.imgur.com/lYyAA.png
Vigilance

Postby rye130 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:09 am

maze wrote:cuz he was logged in by a bug. while my computer was shutdown.

wut
rye130

Postby burgingham » Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:10 am

We just had a villager lose a good portion of his energy bar too over night. This seems pretty critical...
burgingham

Postby sabinati » Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:36 am

wtf? how did his energy go down if he was just standing there?
sabinati

Postby Bowshot125 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:37 am

If you're paying for a game, and its a death related to a flaw in the system. Why can't we get our toons back? Does it really take that much if you provide info and pictures detailing what happened? You should be dying from in game events, not a bug. If J&L can't help these bugs and won't give characters back from system flaws, what is the point of paying for a sub fee when I can log in tomorrow and discover my toon has died from something like this?
Bowshot125

Postby jordancoles » Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:45 am

sabinati wrote:wtf? how did his energy go down if he was just standing there?

Likely had under 1000 energy to begin with, stayed logged in overnight and was taking hhp dmg
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby Tonkyhonk » Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:46 am

first of all, im so sorry to hear of your tragedy. it really sucks.

that said, however, not sure if asking for a dead character revived is an option after what happened to the victims of the bug raid.

have you ever shared your account? is there a possibility that someone may have logged onto your account and let it it stay in game? im sorry but you would most likely have to look into every possibility before you call it a bug. had you logged out completely when you closed your game? which client were you using? and so on.
Last edited by Tonkyhonk on Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tonkyhonk

Postby rye130 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:46 am

Bowshot125 wrote:If you're paying for a game, and its a death related to a flaw in the system. Why can't we get our toons back? Does it really take that much if you provide info and pictures detailing what happened? You should be dying from in game events, not a bug. If J&L can't help these bugs and won't give characters back from system flaws, what is the point of paying for a sub fee when I can log in tomorrow and discover my toon has died from something like this?

Because I can prepare screenshots and fake evidence to make it look like my character died of a bug when I really just fucked up and forgot to eat food. Having to investigate each instance of someone claiming a bug killed them isn't how I want jorb and loftar to spend their time. Also they already set the precedent of not reviving characters when they didn't revive the victims of the bug jumping.
rye130

Next

Return to The Inn of Brodgar