Can I get an estimate of when the next world will come?

General discussion and socializing.

Re: Can I get an estimate of when the next world will come?

Postby DaniAngione » Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:16 pm

Pupsi wrote:
jorb wrote:At least a couple of things that need to happen first.

• Implementation of a more functional siege paradigm.
  • Quest/help systems.
  • Work on map generator.
I'm not in a rush. I think it's good that we feel that we have developmental freedom to try things out.

Why this all cant be implemented into current world?
#fuckwipe

That's what he meant... lol

As for map generator, it (obviously) can't be implemented in the current world because... well... the world is generated already :P
W15 ???
W14 Proud defender of Kakariko Village
W13 Sporadic member of Ravka
W12 Occasional member of Lake Town
W11 Inactive member of Yggdrasill
W10 King of The Northern Kingdom
W9 The Revenant of Wulf's Retreat
W8 Lawspeaker of New Thotoshire
W7 Lawspeaker of Esteldín
DaniAngione

Postby boreial » Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:45 pm

jorb wrote:At least a couple of things that need to happen first.

• Implementation of a more functional siege paradigm.
  • Quest/help systems.
  • Work on map generator.
I'm not in a rush. I think it's good that we feel that we have developmental freedom to try things out.

I totally agree about not being in any rush, there are just way too many possible changes that can be tried and implemented and either accepted or rejected before any world reset should be considered. If and or when a reset does happen, one change I would like to see and I KNOW this will be a hated idea, but instead of a large "newb spawn point" all new generated characters are randomly placed across the entire map. Let's see how fast groups re-establish now Mwhahaha.
boreial

Postby whiskeypete » Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:11 am

ChildhoodObesity wrote:this world came out like 3 months ago u fags why would u want a reset ur all autistic

As eloquent as ever.
I find your lack of face disturbing...
whiskeypete

Postby loftar » Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:15 am

APXEOLOG wrote:We definetly need a reset

I do think that's a weird thing to say. There's no way the world "needs" a reset after three months. If the world is in any way deficient, then surely it is not a reset it lacks. It may lack end-game content or whatever, but a paradigm where a reset is as common as every three months doesn't seem very reasonable.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby DaniAngione » Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:24 am

DaniAngione wrote:...the 'ideal' thing would be for the game world to last forever and game systems allow things to never get dull/boring instead of having to reset. Having to reset for the game to be "fun" again is proof of an end-game/sandbox experience design flaw. One that Jorb and Loftar seem eager to correct.

I'm happy I wasn't that wrong after all ;)
W15 ???
W14 Proud defender of Kakariko Village
W13 Sporadic member of Ravka
W12 Occasional member of Lake Town
W11 Inactive member of Yggdrasill
W10 King of The Northern Kingdom
W9 The Revenant of Wulf's Retreat
W8 Lawspeaker of New Thotoshire
W7 Lawspeaker of Esteldín
DaniAngione

Postby Amanda44 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:24 am

loftar wrote:
APXEOLOG wrote:We definetly need a reset

I do think that's a weird thing to say. There's no way the world "needs" a reset after three months. If the world is in any way deficient, then surely it is not a reset it lacks. It may lack end-game content or whatever, but a paradigm where a reset is as common as every three months doesn't seem very reasonable.

I don't think you or anyone else read what he actually said tbf, if you continue to read he does go on to say that there are areas that need sorting first.

APXEOLOG wrote:
We definetly need a reset - but we also need help/quests/anything which will helps new players to start playing. When game will have noob-friendly start it will be a good to reset the world and give 1 week of free play. I hope this will bring us new players.

Also anyone saying they would like a reset for whatever reasons is not the same as saying the world should be reset every three months, ofc that would be totally ridiculous. I also said I would love a reset but also said ideally I would want the world to never have to be reset, I assumed it was obvious that all major changes and any problems should be sorted out first, before a reset, and didn't need saying.

There are lots of ppl who have mentioned wanting a reset, look at the demands when you messed up with the mining stuff and even earlier when you changed the cost of palisades. If you keep changing things we have already started or completed and keep moving the goal posts ofc some ppl will care about it, I care I have two houses without cellar walls and one with, ok, it's not a major issue on it's own but combined with numerous other things it starts to add up.

I just don't understand why everyone is jumping on his first few words as if he is the first and only person to have ever thought a reset was in order. :|
Last edited by Amanda44 on Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby loftar » Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:30 am

Amanda44 wrote:I don't think you or anyone else read what he actually said tbf, if you continue to read he does go on to say that there are areas that need sorting first.

Sure, but it sounded more like "a reset is rightfully needed right now, but it would be pointless to do it without address X, Y and Z first".
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Redlaw » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:10 am

even after the things that need to be adusted, they will need to be seen a bit over time to see of they are making changes as they should. This is a year over all if not longer of rl time.

I dont see this game world as a wasteland like the past ones even at this point. If jorb and loftar can get something to help newbies players plus have rocks spawn all over the world as a foraging thing, hell they could add events that add more iron into the world (go impacts from space). Then even this world could keep going longer and longer.

When its truly time for a reset it will be time then.
Redlaw

Postby ewlol » Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:40 pm

People who want a reset are not concerned about game health, but rather their personal interests and achievements in game.
ewlol

Postby Ct » Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:00 am

Man...this discussion really exploded into something else haha! I was just asking a question, and now I got to read a lot of opinions onthr subject, honestly I just wanted to know before I get my friends to involved in the game only to have a reset 0.0
Ct

PreviousNext

Return to The Inn of Brodgar