GAME IS FREE2PLAY UNTIL JAN 4

General discussion and socializing.

GAME IS FREE2PLAY UNTIL JAN 4

Postby jordancoles » Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:11 am

*Because Jorb and Loftar can't into promotion

http://www.seatribe.se/roligabilder/haven-2.webm

This was quote was taken from the OP of the latest holiday patch
jorb wrote:We will turn off the subscription counter while we go on leave, so for the duration of the Holiday, all and sundry may play as much as you like, and for free, as no subscription or play time will tick!

Thank you for all your love and support during this year, and I hope to see you in the next!

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and...

Enjoy!

Game's free y'all! Now would be a good time to show your friends the game, or to post this on your other game forums or whatever :idea:

About the Game
Haven & Hearth is a MMORPG (Massive Multiplayer Online Roleplaying Game) set in a fictional world loosely inspired by Slavic and Germanic myth and legend. The game sets itself apart from other games in the genre in its aim to provide players with an interactive, affectable and mutable game world, which can be permanently and fundamentally changed and affected through actions undertaken by the players. Our fundamental goal with Haven & Hearth is to create a game in which player choices have permanent and/or lasting effects and, thus, providing said players with a meaningful and fun gaming experience.

Players start the game surrounded by a vast and somewhat unforgiving wilderness, with only the most basic tools of survival at their disposal. The use of fire is a thematic focal point of the game's mythos, and an early and important task will be the simple lighting of one. As the first hearth fires disperse the darkness of the surrounding wilderness, more pressing questions will present themselves to the players: Who are they? Where are they? And, most importantly, where are they going? From this point on, players will have to blaze trails of their own into the unknown, the wilderness and the future, and explore and affect the world of Haven & Hearth using only their own best judgment and a chipped stone axe. Trust us, the stone axe is the shit.

As players progress, they will be able to acquire new skills and abilities, allowing them to perform a variety of tasks—such as the claiming of land, the construction of buildings and the cultivation of crops—each step forward making the basic task of survival somewhat easier. Having progressed far enough, players will, in time, be able to organize themselves into societies, from simple tribes and villages, progressing through republics, nation states and, ultimately, empires.

At least, those are our lofty ambitions.

// The Seatribe team

Current Status

Haven and Hearth is currently in what we consider alpha status. In practice, this means that we have most of the core functionalities in place, those crucial gimmicks and widgets that allow the game to run and people to connect and play. However, much of the higher-level functionality is either missing or only partially implemented. Also, because some functionality is partially implemented, the persistent data in the game can be rather unstable. For example, we might have to remove the maps from time to time when we implement a new map generator.

Here is an album of ingame screenshots
Last edited by jordancoles on Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Re: GAME IS FREE2PLAY UNTIL JAN 4

Postby Bearcub » Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:36 am

But online is still pretty low :(
Bearcub

Postby TeckXKnight » Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:17 am

Sticky until the 4th! Have fun everyone!
TeckXKnight

Postby Minion » Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:03 am

Great, the one time I appreciate people not having constant access and they give the raiders more time to come and get me when I am on holidays. :lol:
Minion

Postby vatas » Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:08 am

Any suggestions how to explain the premise of the game in best way?

Minion wrote:Great, the one time I appreciate people not having constant access and they give the raiders more time to come and get me when I am on holidays. :lol:

I'm quite sure most raiders already had subscriptions.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby FerrousToast » Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:09 pm

vatas wrote:Any suggestions how to explain the premise of the game in best way?

Harvest moon meets dark souls.
FerrousToast

Postby barra » Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:34 pm

FerrousToast wrote:Harvest moon meets dark souls.

I prefer Eve Online meets Farmville.
loftar wrote:You do appear to need a good trolling.
barra

Postby Ukhata » Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:26 pm

barra wrote:
FerrousToast wrote:Harvest moon meets dark souls.

I prefer Eve Online meets Farmville.

eve online death isnt permanent enough...
Ukhata

Postby shubla » Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:39 pm

This game is like real life but with missing features, bugs, and bad graphics.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Baldarich » Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:25 pm

Teleskop wrote:if the chance to win a lottery is 1 to 1 000 000 it doesnt mean im any closer to winning after buying 1 000 000 tickets
Baldarich

Next

Return to The Inn of Brodgar