GAME IS FREE2PLAY UNTIL JAN 4

General discussion and socializing.

Re: GAME IS FREE2PLAY UNTIL JAN 4

Postby jordancoles » Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:28 pm

vatas wrote:Any suggestions how to explain the premise of the game in best way?

Haven & Hearth is a MMORPG (Massive Multiplayer Online Roleplaying Game) set in a fictional world loosely inspired by Slavic and Germanic myth and legend. The game sets itself apart from other games in the genre in its aim to provide players with an interactive, affectable and mutable game world, which can be permanently and fundamentally changed and affected through actions undertaken by the players. Our fundamental goal with Haven & Hearth is to create a game in which player choices have permanent and/or lasting effects and, thus, providing said players with a meaningful and fun gaming experience.

Players start the game surrounded by a vast and somewhat unforgiving wilderness, with only the most basic tools of survival at their disposal. The use of fire is a thematic focal point of the game's mythos, and an early and important task will be the simple lighting of one. As the first hearth fires disperse the darkness of the surrounding wilderness, more pressing questions will present themselves to the players: Who are they? Where are they? And, most importantly, where are they going? From this point on, players will have to blaze trails of their own into the unknown, the wilderness and the future, and explore and affect the world of Haven & Hearth using only their own best judgment and a chipped stone axe. Trust us, the stone axe is the shit.

As players progress, they will be able to acquire new skills and abilities, allowing them to perform a variety of tasks—such as the claiming of land, the construction of buildings and the cultivation of crops—each step forward making the basic task of survival somewhat easier. Having progressed far enough, players will, in time, be able to organize themselves into societies, from simple tribes and villages, progressing through republics, nation states and, ultimately, empires.

At least, those are our lofty ambitions.

// The Seatribe team

Current Status

Haven and Hearth is currently in what we consider alpha status. In practice, this means that we have most of the core functionalities in place, those crucial gimmicks and widgets that allow the game to run and people to connect and play. However, much of the higher-level functionality is either missing or only partially implemented. Also, because some functionality is partially implemented, the persistent data in the game can be rather unstable. For example, we might have to remove the maps from time to time when we implement a new map generator.
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby nethack » Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:55 pm

jordancoles wrote:snip

Not bad but here is a more accurate version :

Haven and Hearth is an grind fest were you'll have to rush a brickwall without any explanation how or why. Otherwise an ass will destroy everything you have using an exploit and ruin countless hours of work, that you payed for.

The devs will take your monies, no punishement will ensue and you will be faced with the choice of starting over or quitting while the ass that destroyed everything you worked for will be the one making publicity for the game.

Also we have a quest that tell you to grab a stone now !
nethack

Postby vatas » Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:12 pm

nethack wrote:

Haven and Hearth is an grind fest were you'll have to rush a brickwall without any explanation how or why. Otherwise an ass will destroy everything you have using an exploit and ruin countless hours of work, that you payed for.

The devs will take your monies, no punishement will ensue and you will be faced with the choice of starting over or quitting while the ass that destroyed everything you worked for will be the one making publicity for the game.

I can't deny, that aspect of game kind of sucks. I have to mention that said devs at least claimed to have tweaked the exploit a bit so they aren't 100% ignorant of what is going on.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Includes how to escape/minimize risk of getting killed.)
vatas

Postby Asgaroth22 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:13 pm

nethack wrote:tears

I'd be convinced to try out the game if you told this.
“The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.”

Douglas Adams

W3-W13 - mostly hermit, with a few brief periods as a crafter/farmer to various villages
Asgaroth22

Postby nethack » Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:23 pm

Asgaroth22 wrote:
nethack wrote:tears

I'd be convinced to try out the game if you told this.

No tears. I'm not the one that got raided.

A hard, unforgiving game is fine (see my name...). The point is, it is completly futile to try to ask new players to register now. The current state of the game is just plain stupid. It has a lot of charm, a lot of qualities but new players will not come because some structural changes need to be made.

In fact, there is no need for new players. The game is well known. I come from an online community that provided dozens of players in legacy and I'm sure there's quite a lot of those communities. People still remember the game. A lot didn't want to come back after they discovered you had to pay to play. Bringing new players in the current state of the game (despite it's numerous qualities) even if they accept to pay just won't work. They wouldn't stay.

You may like it and that's fine. Enjoy playing with 10 other people.
nethack

Postby talauna » Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:17 am

talauna

Postby jordancoles » Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:53 am

talauna wrote:Trying to bring awareness to this; added a reddit post

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/3xejyk/looking_for_a_indy_game_to_try_haven_and_hearth/

+1'd your post, or whatever it's called on reddit
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby jordancoles » Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:13 am

nethack wrote:

Dang, that's salty

Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby _Gunnar » Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:28 am

Bumped the teamliquid thread about haven to add this, for what its worth
_Gunnar

Postby shadowchris » Sat Dec 19, 2015 5:26 pm

A bit salty because the one month I decide to buy a sub for my toon, they decide to make Haven Free2play :(
W8 HLTU W9 Tartarus,Alfheimer,Niflheim W10 RiP, Dis
shadowchris

PreviousNext

Return to The Inn of Brodgar