Hopes for Better inprovement

General discussion and socializing.

Re: Hopes for Better inprovement

Postby molenga » Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:22 pm

Ryune wrote:
pietin2 wrote:I hope J&L wake-up to the fact that their game is going down hill. If they don't put fast travel and a better Pvp system I know a lot of ppl that are quitting game probley myself included . It is getting boring as heck.

the 1900-2000 players that have left sooner made the right move. Lets be honest THERE IS NO HOPE, THEY WILL NOT CHANGE AND IT IS ALREADY TOO LATE!

it is not the travel/pvp system that make people quit, it's the pathetic trial & p2p suscription model

honestly anyone can use up 7 hours in a day but honestly a week? whats even the point of identifying if all you get is 14 hours a week? should have been triple that number.

Should have been a buy to play model, but what can you say? Doesn't surprise me at all #Jorb

I think it would be better if the game was f2p and you could pay for a subscription which would give you a buff that would multiply your LP and XP gains for the duration of the subscription, I would totally pay $10 for it every month, but only if they brought back the fast travel and fixed the fate system...

I don´t really care about pvp, but I think the system would be much better if the decks used all number keys from 1-0 instead of just from 1-5, but im not sure if that would actually make that big a difference since I don´t pvp.

Also, this idea of subscriptions giving a LP and XP multiplier buff would help people that got killed to spring back and get back on their feets faster.
molenga

Postby Kaios » Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:16 pm

molenga wrote:I don´t really care about pvp, but I think the system would be much better if the decks used all number keys from 1-0 instead of just from 1-5, but im not sure if that would actually make that big a difference since I don´t pvp.

I don't like my hotkeys being taken over, it's pretty annoying especially when you've got attack keyed in 1 to 5, would be worse if it used all 10 slots. Not sure what else the hotkeys could be or maybe we should just be able to set them ourselves. Being able to click the moves if I wanted would be nice as well.
Kaios

Postby molenga » Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:54 pm

Kaios wrote:
molenga wrote:I don´t really care about pvp, but I think the system would be much better if the decks used all number keys from 1-0 instead of just from 1-5, but im not sure if that would actually make that big a difference since I don´t pvp.

I don't like my hotkeys being taken over, it's pretty annoying especially when you've got attack keyed in 1 to 5, would be worse if it used all 10 slots. Not sure what else the hotkeys could be or maybe we should just be able to set them ourselves. Being able to click the moves if I wanted would be nice as well.

What about using F1-F12 keys instead?
molenga

Postby Kaios » Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:37 pm

Would be better for sure, yeah. Although some custom clients do have extra hotbars that make use of these but generally I don't have anything important in them anyways.

Regarding the actual utility of 10 hotkeys in combat, I think it could go either way in making the current combat implementation too easy or too hard. Too hard in the sense that now you have 10 moves to look at instead of 5 (and yes, everyone would want to fill their entire 10 moves to get the most out of their deck) and even if you were to memorize them it still isn't as easy as you might think to make that work in a fight. The easier part of it being the fact that currently there are very few different moves and attacks and even fewer are actually useful in most combat scenarios, thus removing the difficulty of going beyond a 5 card deck.
Kaios

Postby boshaw » Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:45 pm

Kaios wrote:Would be better for sure, yeah. Although some custom clients do have extra hotbars that make use of these but generally I don't have anything important in them anyways.

Regarding the actual utility of 10 hotkeys in combat, I think it could go either way in making the current combat implementation too easy or too hard. Too hard in the sense that now you have 10 moves to look at instead of 5 (and yes, everyone would want to fill their entire 10 moves to get the most out of their deck) and even if you were to memorize them it still isn't as easy as you might think to make that work in a fight. The easier part of it being the fact that currently there are very few different moves and attacks and even fewer are actually useful in most combat scenarios, thus removing the difficulty of going beyond a 5 card deck.

Pretty sure there's a command to set even the default's hotbar to be F keys or Numpad if that's your thing. Also if we were given up to 10 moves i'd sooner just want him to let us assign our own hotkeys like old haven.
boshaw

Postby Kaios » Fri Jan 01, 2016 9:25 pm

Why not just allow for deck switching during combat, it would really add some interest to it. Everyone is equally limited in the number of decks they have so I think that keeps it fair. 5 decks might be too many at the current moment but provided more cards are planned it could really add some depth to combat.

Of course you would need to implement some means of switching your decks easily in the vanilla client because custom client makers will do this anyways. Maybe a cool down between deck switching, whether or not that cool down should use your combat cool down or have a separate cool down I'm not sure.
Kaios

Postby shubla » Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:07 pm

Kaios wrote:Why not just allow for deck switching during combat, it would really add some interest to it. Everyone is equally limited in the number of decks they have so I think that keeps it fair. 5 decks might be too many at the current moment but provided more cards are planned it could really add some depth to combat.

Of course you would need to implement some means of switching your decks easily in the vanilla client because custom client makers will do this anyways. Maybe a cool down between deck switching, whether or not that cool down should use your combat cool down or have a separate cool down I'm not sure.

this would only expand number of moves to 5x deck amount
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Previous

Return to The Inn of Brodgar