The level of bullshitness in this game.

General discussion and socializing.

Re: The level of bullshitness in this game.

Postby Darruin » Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:32 am

I'm not sure if Haven was ever intended to be a "safe space." Perhaps you should create a client which gives the user a trigger warning when opened.
Darruin

Postby Tapewormz » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:16 am

@OP,
It all depends on which side of the fence you're on. To some Pearl Harbor was an outrage, and to others it was genius. I personally can't fault these people for being opportunistic. Maybe they don't celebrate your holidays and religious views. Who am I to tell someone to not attack me because I'm with family or having a tooth pulled or enjoying my grande late enema at star bucks?

I don't think anyone can attack you in farmville. :)

Tapewormz

Postby Jeff » Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:24 pm

Still, it is these kinds of assholish behaviour that drive people away from the game.
People may gloat for such actions, but i doubt they'll be so happy once they've got no more people to play with (or they've got to travel for miles cause everyone else near their area stopped playing or moved elsewhere in the best case).
"I'm just an humble farmer, after all"
Jeff

Postby Tapewormz » Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:47 pm

Jeff wrote:Still, it is these kinds of assholish behaviour that drive people away from the game.
People may gloat for such actions, but i doubt they'll be so happy once they've got no more people to play with (or they've got to travel for miles cause everyone else near their area stopped playing or moved elsewhere in the best case).

I've heard that song so many times, yet the game is still around and the numbers have remained about the same.

And for the record, I've already been slaughtered twice...but them's the breaks. Lessons hopefully learned.
Tapewormz

Postby Sever » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:59 pm

You can argue that less toxicity would lead to retaining more players, but unless you have some case studies that suggest something one way or the other the argument is kind of dead.
Come back two hours earlier.
Sever

Postby Patchouli_Knowledge » Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:57 am

There's always going to be those type of people in every video game (including single players but at least you need to hear them) and of course real life, the ones that don't give a damn about self image notably.
-=The law of inverse desire=- The chances of dropping what you want is the reciprocal of how much you want it.
Patchouli_Knowledge

Previous

Return to The Inn of Brodgar