Postby Shelter_friend » Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:46 am

... is Jorb & Loftar's crazy updates?
No.

... is things like auto-hearth?
Nope.

... are the Larpers! I know it!
Not at all.

So what ruins this game?
People wouldn't avoid PVP and such if things were fair. And what contributes for things not being fair?

This. This is what ruins this game -

If you don't get it, this is a bot. We've watched it stupidly harvest everything, going back and forth from its reference point (the paved tile in the middle) before going back to its resting position, waiting for new crops to grow. I do not blame the automatons, but the people that use it.

As long as this is permitted, there will never truly be balance, there will never be any reason for sane, honest people to face someone that gets everything done the easy way and need only to focus on being overwhelmingly strong.

As a bunch of noobs looking for a home, we couldn't do anything else except deliver noob justice:

But if you too think that Bots are one of the problems behind Haven's... instability, feel free to travel East, slightly north, around 1,5~2 hours from Spawn and look for the village of Erebus.
They have several bots working their asses there so they can get strong, kill noobs and say they're awesome.
Shelter_friend

Re: What ruins this game...

Postby Pupsi » Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:03 am

omg haha, nobody gives u client with bots thats why you r crying :lol: :lol: :lol:
w5 Hermit>Road Ville>Horde>RQ
w6 The Sparta
w7 Isla de la tortuga>A.D>CookieVille (not sure if it was w7 or w6)
w8 Amish Paradise
w9 Amish Paradise
w10 Amish Paradise > Maid Cafe (until april 2017)
w11 Funcy Huts
w12 :P
Pupsi

Postby Audiosmurf » Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:07 am

Pupsi wrote:omg haha, nobody gives u client with bots thats why you r crying :lol: :lol: :lol:

While OP is a little hyperbolic, he's not really wrong, botting is pretty lame. If you don't have someone in your village who's willing to do the jobs, you don't really deserve the rewards.
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby Pickard » Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:23 am

Audiosmurf wrote:
Pupsi wrote:omg haha, nobody gives u client with bots thats why you r crying :lol: :lol: :lol:

While OP is a little hyperbolic, he's not really wrong, botting is pretty lame. If you don't have someone in your village who's willing to do the jobs, you don't really deserve the rewards.

You just dont know how boring to feed your cows every day for MONTHS.

Shelter_friend wrote:This. This is what ruins this game.

Bullshit. I may agree that some bots, like foragers in w6-w7 was harmful. But not this simple cow feeder.

Shelter_friend wrote:As long as this is permitted, there will never truly be balance, there will never be any reason for sane, honest people to face someone that gets everything done the easy way and need only to focus on being overwhelmingly strong.

These people became strong far before they made bots.
w15 Trust me bro w14 Arcanum w13 Arcanum w12 Action w11 Willowroot w10 Dis w9 Hive w8 Core w7 H.A.W.X/Progress w6 Dis/Disneyland w5 Peace/Late Project
Pickard

Postby Audiosmurf » Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:33 am

Pickard wrote:
Audiosmurf wrote:

You just dont know how boring to feed your cows every day for MONTHS.

I have been feeding my cows with each harvest, it's pretty tedious but it's not nearly as bad now that there are wheelbarrows. "I don't feel like playing the game" is not really an excuse.
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby DaniAngione » Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:35 am

OP surely is dramatic but I don't disagree.

Audiosmurf wrote:I have been feeding my cows with each harvest, it's pretty tedious but it's not nearly as bad now that there are wheelbarrows. "I don't feel like playing the game" is not really an excuse.

^ exactly this. We do all our daily chores, too.

The only reason I see for someone to defend something as botting is because they use it as well. It's not that hard to get a client with bots though they like to believe they're the last cookie in the jar... but some people just choose not to do so. It's about personal ethics, there's no point arguing about that.

I'm just pretty sure that every time a exploit or wall climb bug is discovered, the same kind of people that would abuse it is the kind of people that likes bots...
W15 ???
W14 Proud defender of Kakariko Village
W13 Sporadic member of Ravka
W12 Occasional member of Lake Town
W11 Inactive member of Yggdrasill
W10 King of The Northern Kingdom
W9 The Revenant of Wulf's Retreat
W8 Lawspeaker of New Thotoshire
W7 Lawspeaker of Esteldín
DaniAngione

Postby jordancoles » Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:35 am

Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby Pickard » Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:39 am

Audiosmurf wrote:I have been feeding my cows with each harvest, it's pretty tedious but it's not nearly as bad now that there are wheelbarrows. "I don't feel like playing the game" is not really an excuse.

If you like to feed cows, why not? But doing same stupid thing every day without possibility to take a break is extremely annoying. Considering most people stop playing.
w15 Trust me bro w14 Arcanum w13 Arcanum w12 Action w11 Willowroot w10 Dis w9 Hive w8 Core w7 H.A.W.X/Progress w6 Dis/Disneyland w5 Peace/Late Project
Pickard

Postby Pickard » Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:41 am

jordancoles wrote:Fucking botters

Ye w7 bots was crazy.
Pickard

Postby DaniAngione » Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:42 am

Pickard wrote:

If you like to feed cows, why not? But doing same stupid thing every day without possibility to take a break is extremely annoying. Considering most people stop playing.

The amount of boring daily chores you have to do is proportional to the power you wish to attain.
Taking care of it all is a LOW price for all the damage you can inflict upon the world.

It's the least the huge raiding villages should do, manage themselves.

If one doesn't like feeding cows, then one shouldn't build and aim too big. Go make a hermitage or something if it suits better.
If people want to grind quality like crazy and have huge amounts of food, cheese, metal, &c... then yes, they should work their asses off for it.
W15 ???
W14 Proud defender of Kakariko Village
W13 Sporadic member of Ravka
W12 Occasional member of Lake Town
W11 Inactive member of Yggdrasill
W10 King of The Northern Kingdom
W9 The Revenant of Wulf's Retreat
W8 Lawspeaker of New Thotoshire
W7 Lawspeaker of Esteldín
DaniAngione

Next

Return to The Inn of Brodgar