Valhalla question

General discussion and socializing.

Re: Valhalla question

Postby dafels » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:31 pm

I'm in valhalla right now if someone would like to fight me
dafels

Postby Jalpha » Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:54 am

DaniAngione wrote:For every 100 DIFFERENT characters you kill in the same week in Valhalla, your bloodline gains 0.1% LP preservation (up to 10%)

Please no. Titles might be nice. Everybody loves to wave their dick.

dafels wrote:I'm in valhalla right now if someone would like to fight me

NTY. I've heard of you.
Laying flat.
Jalpha
Under curfew

Postby DaniAngione » Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:51 am

Jalpha wrote:Please no. Titles might be nice. Everybody loves to wave their dick.

I did say I took numbers out of nowhere, just as an example.

Titles are nice, dick thing, &tc but right now one of the problems in the game is that after 1-2 months, whenever someone dies there's simply no encouragement or point to create a new character. Thus contributing to the population falls.
The only thing that would give someone purpose to try and bring themselves up after death on a not so young world would be some kind of everlasting "bloodline bonus". Simply inheriting your HF is useless. Maybe not LP persistance - that was removed for a reason, after all, but maybe something else... Like I said, it was just an idea, but "improving" your bloodline would certainly be a motivation for people to Valhalla around.
W15 ???
W14 Proud defender of Kakariko Village
W13 Sporadic member of Ravka
W12 Occasional member of Lake Town
W11 Inactive member of Yggdrasill
W10 King of The Northern Kingdom
W9 The Revenant of Wulf's Retreat
W8 Lawspeaker of New Thotoshire
W7 Lawspeaker of Esteldín
DaniAngione

Postby Archiplex » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:33 pm

infectedking wrote:Has anyone even had a single fight in there? There has been no posts or anything really about the place except 1 guy early on in the patch who said he was so lonely.

weapons are too low quality for genuine testing, archery is useless due to the quality of arrows and bows, combat isn't too fun there due to how long it takes to get gear and etc only to lose it as soon as you die
the proliferation of automation is the rot of this game, with the next worst thing being the filth that plays it (you, probably.)

W7 - Hermit
W8 - Co-LS of R'lyeh, Owner of the Hermitarium Knowledge Group
W9 - LS of Niflheim
W11 - Hermitage (named Niflheim)
W12 - Hermit -> some rando ass village i forgot the name of that i joined
W10,13-15 - N/A
Archiplex

Postby venatorvenator » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:37 pm

They could use the place to test siege mechanics though, with biweekly resets.

I mean, expanding the area and offering free materials for that. It could even have a secondary use as the much requested crafter's afterlife.
Xcom wrote:Most good things last only a short time
venatorvenator

Postby Kaios » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:40 pm

Archiplex wrote:weapons are too low quality for genuine testing, archery is useless due to the quality of arrows and bows, combat isn't too fun there due to how long it takes to get gear and etc only to lose it as soon as you die

to add to that if you died on a character that didn't have many of the combat moves or died before some were added you won't be able to get any at that point making the character fairly useless
Kaios

Postby Redlaw » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:57 pm

I was figuring if I died and met the requirements, I use Valhalla as a way to fully learn the combat system before I came back...
Redlaw

Postby spawningmink » Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:42 am

dafels wrote:I'm in valhalla right now if someone would like to fight me

i was there and you ran off...........i guess you are to scared of the ol frosty

grow up davis.........
ChildhoodObossite wrote:I actually lowkey admire Frosty, sometimes he can be a really cool guy

spawningmink
Under curfew

Postby Kalacia » Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:12 pm

Suppose the idea could be used to test out combat skill and siege balance. With break and fix rewards if they make it to live. Have it as a test server if you will.. sped up LP generation and after X weeks, you have ragnarok. At which point data is gathered, people complain and changes are made and then boo hooed over. :)

it would also be a good training ground for people like me who have farmed and crafted for 3-4 worlds and now realize i have no idea how combat actually works other than 'throw stones at a fox from a boat'.
Kalacia

Previous

Return to The Inn of Brodgar