At what player pop will the plug be pulled?

General discussion and socializing.

Re: At what player pop will the plug be pulled?

Postby Aisha » Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:25 am

game felt abandoned ever since the surprise p2p model during a alpha test, i wouldn't have mind it if the trial time / verify play time wasn't so limited.
Aisha

Postby MagicManICT » Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:03 pm

shubla wrote:It was bad idea to announce 2 weeks beforehand.. :roll:

They wanted feedback on the proposed changes, though, and a chance to play with an idea that has floated around the forums for a bit of an "end of world" challenge. I'm kinda sad that it's turning out this way myself.

I don't see them pulling the plug early. I think a week tops would be best if they do this "end of world" sacrifice again, but if they need two weeks to work on the world, then I guess that's what they get. I'm a little anxious to see what they have in store for us at reset.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby lachlaan » Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:22 pm

The issue with this, I think , is that nothing will carry through except for the winner's statue. They could instead make this a sort of race.. who kills most people, but everyone gets some points in the new world for it. Who does whatever random achievement, gets LP and stuff. Make activity pay off, since most activity in haven is work when it comes down to it.
lachlaan

Postby hyrle » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:22 am

I can speak only for myself. I personally haven't been playing since end of world was announced because there's no point in me playing. My stats are low, so I can't really help defend the altar. (I just prefer this ends as quickly as possible.) Sure - I could try and make my way to the altar and get one-hit in the process. But why? There's no point in working since it's all wiped out in a week. I'm just holding off until new world. I'm sure I'm not the only one.
hyrle

Postby DaniAngione » Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:13 am

I'll be honest that I have not been playing because, well... the end of the world announcement kind of let me down a bit, to be honest...
and XCOM 2 was released. Lol :roll:

But I'm counting with the continuity of the world to record/screenshot our whole village for posterity - and I really hope the plug won't be pulled out of nowhere before I find the time to do that.
W15 ???
W14 Proud defender of Kakariko Village
W13 Sporadic member of Ravka
W12 Occasional member of Lake Town
W11 Inactive member of Yggdrasill
W10 King of The Northern Kingdom
W9 The Revenant of Wulf's Retreat
W8 Lawspeaker of New Thotoshire
W7 Lawspeaker of Esteldín
DaniAngione

Postby sabinati » Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:18 am

sabinati

Previous

Return to The Inn of Brodgar