The Revenant: Wulf's Retreat - EPILOGUE

General discussion and socializing.

Re: The Revenant: Wulf's Retreat

Postby Eemerald » Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:12 am

looks gorgeous Dani! we need to get a visit in place:)
A (bad) Haiku
I heart Emerald
She hates villagers with lives
Leads with iron fist
Eemerald

Postby Amanda44 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:14 am

So happy to have you back! :D

The pictures are lovely, the retreat is looking good and that was an awesome gift.
As soon as we have our wall up and are a bit more secure we'll come visit, we should have it finished tonight. :)
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby DaniAngione » Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:56 am

Eemerald wrote:looks gorgeous Dani! we need to get a visit in place:)

Amanda44 wrote:The pictures are lovely, the retreat is looking good and that was an awesome gift.
As soon as we have our wall up and are a bit more secure we'll come visit, we should have it finished tonight. :)

Yes! You two totally should :3 - In fact, anyone that wishes, just let me know. I must say there isn't much to see yet besides promises ^^" I'm still bringing everything up... But eventually, yes... feel free to come anytime, though - of course :3

Amanda44 wrote:So happy to have you back! :D

:) :) :) ;)
W15 ???
W14 Proud defender of Kakariko Village
W13 Sporadic member of Ravka
W12 Occasional member of Lake Town
W11 Inactive member of Yggdrasill
W10 King of The Northern Kingdom
W9 The Revenant of Wulf's Retreat
W8 Lawspeaker of New Thotoshire
W7 Lawspeaker of Esteldín
DaniAngione

Postby synaris » Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:21 am

i feel bad that you cant get basic supplies very easily. where you at? i could bring you a bit of gauze or something. unless your too far off.
Newbie and noob do not mean the same thing.

Neither do figuratively and literally.
synaris

Postby DaniAngione » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:57 am

Chapter 4:
FRIENDS & FOES

I usually take screenshots of everything I'm doing (I love screenshots!) but before writing a chapter I have decide on the most important ones and all that... Turns out this chapter would have almost 20 screenshots (lol!) so I decided to cut it in half and make two chapters instead... So expect Chapter 5 soon :)

Anyway... After the wizards' mighty gift (the horse Nimbus!) things have been particularly easier (and safer).
I've built him some fancy stables next to one of my houses by using a lot of schist unscribed runestones. By placing them like that, they look like an awesome stone fence!

Remember all the times I complained how annoying (and long) it is to go down and up the mountain with a cart? Well, not anymore!

Not only it is faster but I can also bring home an extra item. Hooray for horses!
Of course... good things wouldn't last long, so... after the first day of work, he managed to eat more than 60 units of food *all by himself*. Food is quite scarce here, so... Alright, I suppose I can still walk sometimes :cry:

Anyway, after a long day of work, something happened! A wild white dot appears on my map while I'm cooking some rat... I got to check it - as usual - and find out that this friendly fellow (I'll call him Tom) that moved nearby not long ago has probably seen the runestone I left him and decided to visit.
Welcome to Wulf's Retreat, Tom!

(Kat: I loved your suggestion about using an aurora for some of the pics. How could I forget that? That pic is for you! <3 )

He asked if he could use my Pickaxe to dig a cellar so I gave it to him. Not long afterwards he brought it back, so he seems ok :)
It's good to have nice neighbors :D

It's all fun and games until...
The next morning came with a weird stench.... the stench of murder.

My north gate looked like a crime scene. Two dead bodies, several scents. I've poked around and brought the bodies inside. After talking to some people, I found out what happened and calmed down a bit. Let's just say that the bodies belonged to meanies and their alts and that all is good now :D

The scent of death reminded of my early days, however... and made me wonder how was Wulfkin's grave doing. As stated on chapter one, I buried him where he died, on a nearby peak (where Wulf's Retreat was once meant to be built) and even though I left a small claim there, I don't know if anything had happened. So I decided to build a Milestone and trace a road all the way to Wulfkin's Grave. It's now easily accessible whenever I want to go on a pilgrimage to visit my ancestors!

I have also finished my Stone Mansion - which will be my main personal kitchen/main hall - and started to FINALLY clean all the stuff laying outside for ages.

Things are starting to look better now, and the personal area is pretty much finished (Just the tower and some other details left). As soon as it is done, I'll move forward to building and preparing the 'public' area to be opened for visitors, traders, travelers and friends! :)

And before the sun was gone, I also decided to build my first Chicken Coop with some straw I had left from my little farm plot on the mountains. It's still rather empty but I don't want to risk filling it with chickens without having a steady supply of food.

By the end of the day, the bodies have turned into skeletons. I've removed their skulls and confirmed that they were certainly alts. Silly names with barely any LP (6 LP on the better one) I'm not sure how to dispose of them yet, I'll probably find somewhere to bury them or might just abandon them on the mines. Don't like abandoning the dead, but I've heard they didn't live an honourable life so I'm unsure if I'm going to grant them Valhalla.

All's well besides that! Things have been quieter, it has been a long time since I've seen unresponsive strangers or anything like that. I also got several gifts so - a big THANK YOU to everyone that decides to share stuff with me :3
Now to build that tower...
W15 ???
DaniAngione

Postby Granny » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:07 am

Such a nice read Dani. I always feel the need to cuddle up in a warm blanket while reading your stories from the mountain peak. It is almost as if I can hear the wind howling, *shivers*

Add me to your guest list too please :)
Granny

Postby DaniAngione » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:22 pm

Granny wrote:Add me to your guest list too please :)

Haha, thanks. Will do :P
W15 ???
DaniAngione

Re: The Revenant: Wulf's Retreat - Chapter 4!

Postby grandexandao1 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:42 am

Im surprised you're still alive brother :)

Maybe when your projects are done thali and I can make a character to see how you have built things this time
W7 - Esteldín Chieftan
W8 - New Thotoshire Mayor and cheesemaker.
W9 - Wulf's Retreat enthusiast(but havent played)
W10 - Aurora's Digger

(i am kinda going down in life =P)
grandexandao1

Postby boreial » Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:44 am

Have to say, Excellent decorative idea using the un-scribed rune stones as a corral, it indeed does look like a stone wall, a thing that has been suggested before.
boreial

Postby Redkat » Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:49 am

Thanks for the picture Dani. It look amazing. :)
Redkat

PreviousNext

Return to The Inn of Brodgar