The Revenant: Wulf's Retreat - EPILOGUE

General discussion and socializing.

Re: The Revenant: Wulf's Retreat - Chapter 8!

Postby Amanda44 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:47 pm

Yeah, I miss the wine racks ...

The Austral Slope is looking good!
Also, lovely shield ... :)
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby LadyV » Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:43 am

Amanda44 wrote:Yeah, I miss the wine racks ...

On that I agree.
LadyV

Postby DaniAngione » Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:54 pm

Yeah, wine racks were so nice... I loved how the bottles would show up exactly on the slot we placed them :D

I really hope to see they coming back... Like the Wardrobe, I really liked the idea behind the wardrobe (rapidly swapping your equipped items) :D

I'd love to see their return and perhaps some additional furniture like counters, stools, dressers (or some sort of "lower cupboard" but still better/cheaper than chests for insides) etc... Oh, and more beds, four poster beds and beds for couples :D
W15 ???
W14 Proud defender of Kakariko Village
W13 Sporadic member of Ravka
W12 Occasional member of Lake Town
W11 Inactive member of Yggdrasill
W10 King of The Northern Kingdom
W9 The Revenant of Wulf's Retreat
W8 Lawspeaker of New Thotoshire
W7 Lawspeaker of Esteldín
DaniAngione

Postby Fallencido » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:39 am

i'm Sure i can see my place from one of those backgrounds in the pics xD hahahaha
best thing to live in a mountain, things isnt going well down here :/

very nice pictures man :D
Fallencido

Postby Amanda44 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:18 am

I sooo want more furniture, most of all I want a table to place things on ... jars, curios like the bronze horse and tin soldier, flowers!

When decorating Dani, I'd like a pink bed in my tower room pls, laurel and spruce look good together ...
and a horse picture on the wall. :D
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Re: The Revenant: Wulf's Retreat - Chapter 9!

Postby DaniAngione » Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:24 pm

Fallencido wrote:very nice pictures man :D

Yeah! Somewhere down below the mountains lie your settlement :D
It was good to meet you! Thanks for the compliments and for the visit :) And best of luck for your recovery... It always feels disappointing when some stuff happens in games like this but I assure you that you always rise and more prepared! Do not lose hope :3

Amanda44 wrote:When decorating Dani, I'd like a pink bed in my tower room pls, laurel and spruce look good together ...
and a horse picture on the wall. :D

Yep, I really wish we could have some furniture to display these... Like the new Ivory Figurine, too... it looks so nice and classical :3
And about the room... Will do :)
I'll have to search a bit for Laurel, though. I don't remember seeing much of it around :roll:
For the painting, wild horse, white mare or black stallion? :D I'll get a room done soon, it will only be missing you then :oops: :D

CHAPTER 9:
THE FIRES OF WAR

I kind of unintentionally ( :roll: ) finished the last chapter with a cliffhanger... Would we - the mouflon and I - get home?
Would our journey together result in my first sheep?

Well, turns out that YES! We arrived home... And I started the long and violent process of taming the mouflon :D
But it was late already, so we had to wait...

Another dawn on the mountain... I like this picture, a Frog's Crown flower spawned right below my runestone :)
First day of taming! Although I was a bit worried about being able (or not) to tame the sheep because of my lack of armor and such... But fear not, our friendly neighboring wizards had the answer for that! And after a brief visit...

... I was now properly equipped and ready to go with an awesome Lynx Cape and bronze armor! Thanks for all the stuff! :D
The day was showing promise, so I decided to go out and collect some string and other resources I needed to finish my Kitchen...

During my walk, however, something unusual happened. I spotted a Mammoth! Down on the grasslands!

I admit I see mammoths daily, I do live on a mountain, after all... But this is the first time I've seen one away from the mountain! Poor thing must've got lost... Or busy chasing someone :D
Anyway, it's better not to get too close... I already got what I needed anyway!

My kitchen is now pretty much complete... And with hunting and the new farm going on, I shall soon start to produce delicious foodstuffs to leave the days of starvation behind once and for all!
:D

It was a fine day... Until some strange signs started to appear. First some riders I couldn't identify rode past my north wall. I tried to talk them but couldn't even reach them... And then, this merry band passed by, carrying corpses and boats. They asked me if I knew the dead, and I said I didn't.

I found that a bit weird... Until, not long after, a large group of different riders pass by my eastern gate. I talk to them but don't really get a response other than a cold greeting. One of them adds me and then they ride away.

A bit worried, I start a chat with some people from the area. One of them from a village tells me a phrase that was... memorable. "A War is brewing." - he says. Not long after that, one of my neighbors, Z, sends me a message telling me that corpses appeared next to his home and a lone rider passed by him.

And if that wasn't enough, I meet a new fellow - I'll call him Fall - that lives south of me that... well... Found a very particular and lethal fate by the hands of strange riders not long ago. Things were certainly uneasy around, so I decided to not go out anymore that day. I really needed wood, though... So, in the end, I managed to slip away a couple of riders on the mountains and got myself a few logs! I did see some strange scents, though...

By the end of the day, some known riders (finally!) passed by. Friendly wizards, they apparently saw battle not long ago and were carrying the body of a foe. I was told that siege machinery was built somewhere and that conflict was really spreading across the land. In the end they have given me the mare that their enemy was riding, I think, which was really cool. Thank you very much, as usual!

Turns out the mare was called LadyGoo, lol. I asked about it and it was one of their first horses, apparently, that was then taken from them and now they took her back :D It's a funny story that now she ends up with me :P At any rate, no lady deserves to have a mare named after her so I have given her a new name :) Since she's another gift from the wizards, Minerva felt appropriate.

Unfortunately I'll have to hold poor Nimbus and Minerva's romance for now. Pregnant animals eat a lot :P

But not everything on that night was about war and ill-omens. There's always good to be found on the Hearthlands, and I ended up with a very friendly and nice visit from Fall :D, not to mention some other good happenings... :)
I've slept very well.

A new day arrived and I had to take care of Minerva. She was incredibly hungry when she arrived, she's far better now!

Things are certainly getting interesting on this side of the world...
I won't try to guess what the future is saving for me and the Retreat...

So I stare into the distance, after a long night, and wonder about life, love and death in the hearthlands...
W15 ???
W14 Proud defender of Kakariko Village
W13 Sporadic member of Ravka
W12 Occasional member of Lake Town
W11 Inactive member of Yggdrasill
W10 King of The Northern Kingdom
W9 The Revenant of Wulf's Retreat
W8 Lawspeaker of New Thotoshire
W7 Lawspeaker of Esteldín
DaniAngione

Postby Baldarich » Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:31 pm

Your work really is impressive.
I would make a thread of my own but i fear the raiders. Noticing you had a couple of visits i would stay my watch if i were you. Good luck! :D
Teleskop wrote:if the chance to win a lottery is 1 to 1 000 000 it doesnt mean im any closer to winning after buying 1 000 000 tickets
Baldarich

Postby linkfanpc » Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:32 pm

...I'm scared!

*hugs you*

:? :cry:
Waiting for something to happen? Everything is going to be okay.
jorb wrote:Hitting a "Ghejejiiwlonk" with your "Umappawoozle" for eightyfifteen points of "Sharmakookel", simply makes no sense.

W7: Semi-Hermit
W8: Semi-Hermit
W9-13: Lawspeaker of villages of myself-4 people.

There's SOMETHING behind you.
linkfanpc

Postby Onep » Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:51 pm

10/10 Amazing posts and screenshots. As always.
“We still, alas, cannot forestall it-
This dreadful ailment's heavy toll;
The spleen is what the English call it,
We call it simply, Russian soul.”

An idea to consider: Tedium, a Feature.
Do you like Onep? Do you think he'd look good in green? www.Onep4mod.com
Jorb hates me. :\
Onep

Postby Redkat » Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:47 pm

Really really amazing work. Of course I adore the northern light on your cliff on previous chapter.
Redkat

PreviousNext

Return to The Inn of Brodgar