General discussion and socializing.

Re: The Revenant: Wulf's Retreat

Postby grandexandao1 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:05 am

my little brother making me proud :mrgreen:

thanks for sending me the link
we won't join you this world but we'll follow the story of your town

good luck settling there!
W7 - Esteldín Chieftan
W8 - New Thotoshire Mayor and cheesemaker.
W9 - Wulf's Retreat enthusiast(but havent played)
W10 - Aurora's Digger

(i am kinda going down in life =P)
grandexandao1

Postby DaniAngione » Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:39 pm

Chapter 2:
POACHING AROUND

The long road continues.
The past couple of days have been mostly dedicated to try and keep the V-Claim authority up. With the great effort required for menial tasks, not much time remains for real progression so foraging curios and catching squirrels for extra hides that can become curios has become a real thing. Still, my authority output isn't that great (low stats) so I needed a little boost.

I've brought in a last alt so now I can manage tasks between 3 characters simultaneously, have a reserve if someone dies (and I won't lose the village) and can divide the crafting skills between the 3 of them. It also helps a lot with things like construction and such; my main forager and hunter will remain my main character, however, as I consider unfair to face the danger of the woods with disposable alts. Wulfkin has his honor :D

With that settled and authority slowly rising (it has finally passed beyond 100k today!) I had time to finally start working on the layout planning, construction, etc...
I've faced a bit of difficulty finding terrain suitable for big buildings. I can't modify the snow, so I have to adapt. I've realized that there are several diagonal patches of even terrain - which mean there is a lot of room but buildings shall have to be built on odd angles. I'll have to figure out one way to make that look good, I guess :)

(One thing that has really annoyed me is that I can't remove paved tiles - and if I do remove them (with Dig) they become gray mountain terrain, not snow :( which means I need to be really careful with planning or else I'll destroy all my snow :( )

So I finally got a house! And started working on the second one - which I finished yesterday before going to bed :) I gave up on straw for the roofs and decided to go for Tarsticks, which I can produce myself without farming. Turns out that I think it looks better against snow than straw would, so I guess that was a fortunate misfortune :D
The only issue is that I don't have enough wood to keep the Tar Kiln rolling all the time, so I have to make the math and use all kinds of different boughs to optimize the amount of Tarsticks needed. Each house used 6 of them and 4-5 of each other bough in the game.

I've also started working on the "public" area layout. I came up with this simple design to prevent people from outside to aggro people inside, so the gates can remain open at all times without worry :)

There's nothing built yet, so it's pretty useless for now. But one day - I hope - we'll have Inns, a market, a stage, a plaza and some other ideas :)
(Please, Jorbtar, add beer and wine (drinkable) :D )

All that work has left my characters starving, though. So it was time to go back to the hunt.

It will be, however, pretty damn difficult to feed with only berries, rabbits and squirrels. They barely raise the energy bar, and If I am to rely on hunting, fishing and foraging, I must start to walk my way up the food chain. I don't have an easy access to any water bodies, so I can't hunt with boats/boat trapping - nor can I use cliffs because there aren't many big cliffs around... I have to rely on more "fair game" hunting and strategies. Which means I couldn't bring a boar or a bear home yet, but...

... I did manage to kill my first foxes and a horse (with just a few scratches) :D Nothing biggie, I'm aware, but it's a start :)
With things settled, the village being secured, meat on the table and curiosities being studied, I'll soon be able to head for bigger game and, perhaps, mining.
We'll see.

For now, let us just enjoy the beautiful world we're in.

W15 ???
W14 Proud defender of Kakariko Village
W13 Sporadic member of Ravka
W12 Occasional member of Lake Town
W11 Inactive member of Yggdrasill
W10 King of The Northern Kingdom
W9 The Revenant of Wulf's Retreat
W8 Lawspeaker of New Thotoshire
W7 Lawspeaker of Esteldín
DaniAngione

Postby The_Lich_King » Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:10 am

I am loving this thread. I would like to post a thread about my adventures too but sadly nothing too interesting is happening right now for me.
Ysh wrote: I think you are jordancoles. You saying this for throwing off of track to make me thinking I am jordancoles.

Onep wrote: If I had to choose between drowning you and savoring every moment as your face desperately gasps for air beneath the brine or saving the planet, I'd choose you everytime.
The_Lich_King

Postby Onep » Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:30 am

I love your screenshots! They're so cool.
“We still, alas, cannot forestall it-
This dreadful ailment's heavy toll;
The spleen is what the English call it,
We call it simply, Russian soul.”

An idea to consider: Tedium, a Feature.
Do you like Onep? Do you think he'd look good in green? www.Onep4mod.com
Jorb hates me. :\
Onep

Postby Enjoyment » Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:46 pm

DaniAngione wrote:
(Please, Jorbtar, add beer and wine (drinkable) :D )

I think SandCat Tavern (a lovely place being constructed not far away of my home) will also appreciate this...
English is neither my native lang, nor my best side...
Enjoyment
Under curfew

Postby evangili » Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:50 pm

niec post
evangili

Postby The_Lich_King » Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:22 pm

how do you get pictures from that ground view level?
Ysh wrote: I think you are jordancoles. You saying this for throwing off of track to make me thinking I am jordancoles.

Onep wrote: If I had to choose between drowning you and savoring every moment as your face desperately gasps for air beneath the brine or saving the planet, I'd choose you everytime.
The_Lich_King

Postby DaniAngione » Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:29 pm

The_Lich_King wrote:how do you get pictures from that ground view level?

I use the "free cam" mode. It can be accessed on all clients - including vanilla.
To use it on vanilla you must type :cam bad and press enter. Note that you just type it anywhere - you don't type it on chat. Pressing : opens the console, you'll notice it above your chat bar.
If you're using custom clients like Amber, you can access the freecam through shortcuts. It is Shift+C on amber.
W15 ???
DaniAngione

Postby The_Lich_King » Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:33 pm

DaniAngione wrote:
The_Lich_King wrote:how do you get pictures from that ground view level?

I use the "free cam" mode. It can be accessed on all clients - including vanilla.
To use it on vanilla you must type :cam bad and press enter. Note that you just type it anywhere - you don't type it on chat. Pressing : opens the console, you'll notice it above your chat bar.
If you're using custom clients like Amber, you can access the freecam through shortcuts. It is Shift+C on amber.

you see i have tried those but for some reason with me it always just goes really close and looks at my char from the top and never looks at him from the back.

The_Lich_King

Postby DaniAngione » Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:36 pm

The_Lich_King wrote:you see i have tried those but for some reason with me it always just goes really close and looks at my char from the top and never looks at him from the back.

Yes. It does that.
Use mousewheel to zoom in/out and hold middle mouse button to move the camera :)
W15 ???
DaniAngione

PreviousNext

Return to The Inn of Brodgar