HnH TV Tropes page

General discussion and socializing.

HnH TV Tropes page

Postby vatas » Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:06 pm

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/V ... nAndHearth

I've been slowly working on it whenever I feel inspired to. What do you think?

Context for old replies:
Original OP: "It's hopelessly out of date. Should we do something about it?"
Last edited by vatas on Mon Sep 04, 2023 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Re: HnH TV Tropes page

Postby xTrainx » Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:13 pm

cry off the nostalgia
xTrainx

Postby vatas » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:52 am

Bump
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby azrid » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:07 am

oh no someone on the internet is wrong
azrid

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:54 pm

vatas wrote:Bump

So fix it and don't bump it here? Not really sure what they require, or what you might be looking for by pointing it out.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby vatas » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:34 am

Moved several examples into new "Legacy" folder, cleaned up couple that were still relevant and added "Anachronism Stew" (things that don't quite fit the time frame, currently only example is steel gear with special note on Hussar's Wings.) I have a feeling there's also example of "Aluminium Christmas Trees" (Something that you'd expect Jorb to just have invented but is actually a real thing from past.)

vatas

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:20 am

Looks better. That site just leaves me befuddled, though. Never was one for looking for tropes in my entertainment. I just want to be entertained and not over-think it.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby TheOriginalFive » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:27 am

Let's add a trope about Jorb's unusual art style.
TheOriginalFive

Postby vatas » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:39 am

TheOriginalFive wrote:Let's add a trope about Jorb's unusual art style.

Probably this one, but I'm not sure how to break it down. http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... atureStyle

vatas

Postby TheOriginalFive » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:10 am

Distorted human proportions, consistent use of textures, better at backgrounds than character design, and link to his main DeviantArt probably.
TheOriginalFive

Next

Return to The Inn of Brodgar