Patch Anticipation Station

General discussion and socializing.

Re: Patch Anticipation Station

Postby Audiosmurf » Mon May 27, 2019 3:26 pm

Ardennesss wrote:
Audiosmurf wrote:
Ardennesss wrote:I'd rather they just stop putting out half baked patches altogether.

Honestly, I much prefer the current schedule of small, regular updates, when compared to the absolute fucking dearth of updates legacy got, when it was even being updated.
I used to be the same way, and then we started getting weekly updates that just added hurtful things that then take another 2-3 weeks to get reverted or changed. We're STILL dealing with 2 minute timers on resource collection, people are literally leaving full drift kelps because it's not worth the half hour to collect them. Just my opinion, but no content > bad content.

Yeh, just a difference of opinion. I, being a Stockholm Syndrome victim, like the (relatively) consistent confirmation that the game isn't Dead For Real This Time.
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby iamahh » Mon May 27, 2019 10:15 pm

iamahh

Postby Kaios » Tue May 28, 2019 5:44 pm

Ardennesss wrote:people are literally leaving full drift kelps because it's not worth the half hour to collect them

That's the only area I feel the mechanic is working well though, which I had posted before too:

Kaios wrote:I think the 2 minute timer per resource mechanic only works well with Drift Kelp, it should be somewhat difficult to gather it because of how powerful it is in foods and so at least forcing a repair to the Knarr is not entirely terrible but also slows down the process a bit.

It at least makes more sense mechanically in conjunction with deep water damage than the timer being on anything else.
Kaios

Postby bmjclark » Tue May 28, 2019 10:50 pm

Im actually seeing a lot of resources left full because it's just not even worth the 2 minutes to a lot of people. Fairy mushrooms are strong, but i constantly see them just sitting there now. Brimstone especially, i haven't seen a geyser with less than 8/15 in a week. Even heartwood trees constantly have at least a few leaves on them.
Cajoes wrote:I was the murder victim your guy aggro'd. And slew. Entirely unprovoked. Rather handily at that. Which prompted the retaliatory party. That you also handily slew.
bmjclark

Postby iamahh » Tue May 28, 2019 11:01 pm

lucky, where i roam only brimstone is left, all others are still being taken fast
iamahh

Postby Colin500 » Thu May 30, 2019 11:07 am

Colin500

Postby DoctorZalost » Fri May 31, 2019 12:02 am

Hype train chugging along, slowly but steadily.
jorb wrote:Haven devs best devs.
DoctorZalost

Postby ULGMsean » Fri May 31, 2019 12:55 am

Still no patch!!! Hoping this really big thing would be pretty worth it~!!
マイルズ
ULGMsean

Postby pawnchito » Fri May 31, 2019 2:45 am

We are excited for what you all got coming down the pipeline. Bunch of excited nerds.
pawnchito

Postby korn2 » Fri May 31, 2019 5:07 am

While devs are still thinking what kind of bird can be added for next patch, I suggest more usefull painful content, we need ticks and tick-borne encephalitis to make us more happy.
korn2

PreviousNext

Return to The Inn of Brodgar