Re: Are there legacy servers yet?

Postby Jesus_Smith_Nandez » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:35 pm

Being back w6 combat :(
HnH Videos
God bless
Jesus_Smith_Nandez

Postby Zeler » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:50 pm

We are slowly getting to the legacy level of updates.
Zeler

Postby jorb » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:36 pm

Zeler wrote:We are slowly getting to the legacy level of updates.

We've done weekly-ish updates for ten odd months, the response has at best been lukewarm, often hostile, and all relevant performance indicators meanwhile have been declining.

I see very little point in trying to force weekly updates.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby The_Lich_King » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:42 pm

jorb wrote:

We've done weekly-ish updates for ten odd months, the response has at best been lukewarm, often hostile, and all relevant performance indicators meanwhile have been declining.

Jorb makes a point. Why do weekly updates when the feedback you get is "plz put more work into your updates". If we want weekly updates what we are asking for is just alot of salads with the occasional game changer. Let's be honest were not gonna get weekly MEANINGFUL updates. So lets just go with meaningful updates rather than quick updates.
Ysh wrote: I think you are jordancoles. You saying this for throwing off of track to make me thinking I am jordancoles.

Onep wrote: If I had to choose between drowning you and savoring every moment as your face desperately gasps for air beneath the brine or saving the planet, I'd choose you everytime.
The_Lich_King

Postby Massa » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:23 pm

jorb wrote:But why would you want to play an inferior version? New is good.

Because it punishes noobs and slower players and fails to hold back tryhards and abusive players, despite efforts to do so.

Furthermore the legacy game is what is more fun, and what I find more familiar.

I would highly urge you to reset it, and let the legacy world live on one last time. A few people would be very happy and I'm not sure but it seems very possible to do at will.
Last edited by Massa on Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

Postby APXEOLOG » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:57 pm

jorb wrote:the response has at best been lukewarm, often hostile

Oh i'm pretty sure you know that only 1 satisfied user out of 10 will leave a comment, and 9 disappointed users out of 10 will do it. This is just psychology

So, guys, we should show to jorb some less then trees in the comments to the next patch so maybe we will see them more often
W10 Meme Plot | W9 Mantis Garden | W8 Core | W7 Ofir | W6 the City of Dis | W5 Vitterstad | W4 A.D. | W3 Mirniy
jorb wrote:All your characters will be deleted, and I will level every village any one of them were ever members of.
APXEOLOG

Postby Atamzsiktrop » Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:00 pm

jorb wrote:But why would you want to play an inferior version? New is good.

Old is better.
Atamzsiktrop

Postby LadyGoo » Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:15 pm

jorb wrote:

People are rather worried because of the uncertainty. But yeah, better to have no expectations and do not give any promises.
As for the declining perfomance indicators, honestly, try to remove the travel weariness and rock crystals as the component of charterstones, and remove the need to visit the charterstone as a small update. You will see rapid changes. It will not give any advantage to larger factions and raiders, since they have quit or gone inactive.
One of my guys decided to try to live like a hermit. He has tried to convince the local folk to travel to the markets and the inns, but the people would refuse bc they would have to travel there all the way down + did not have 150 charisma to make 1 jump.
Hafen Helpdesk Skype Conference [Eng]: https://join.skype.com/mxo3yVNbrCK9
Справочная Конференция [Ru]: https://join.skype.com/fnAcsc0srDBN

Trade Conference [Eng-Ru]: https://join.skype.com/gNT6Rs92PTtM

W10 Queen of Dis fiancée of Leanne69 (Lolo)
W9 Hive [Ruler]
W8 Dis [Chieftain]
W7 Ofir [Lawspeaker]
W6 Dis [Chieftain] & Disneyland
W5 Vitterstad [Lawspeaker]
W4 A.D. [Fighter]
W3 Garden of Metallurgists [LS]
LadyGoo

Postby Kaios » Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:30 pm

LadyGoo wrote:One of my guys decided to try to live like a hermit. He has tried to convince the local folk to travel to the markets and the inns, but the people would refuse bc they would have to travel there all the way down + did not have 150 charisma to make 1 jump.

It's been one of the things I've complained about for awhile now before I had the charter I cried about rock crystals and after I got one I realized I couldn't actually go anywhere at the time and would have had to travel across the map anyways to do so. No clue if they have any plans to change it in the future but they certainly know of the issue by now.
Kaios

Postby vatas » Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:27 pm

I understand people like and still like the legacy graphics. They remind of good old 8-bit days and manage to have more spirit in them than many AAA releases. However the isometric view is irreperately constricting. Remember that all houses had to have their door face to south, you couldn't rotate them.

Current graphics are fine in my opinion. They manage to maintain the core spirit of legacy graphics, or at least not looking like plastic like much of the stuff in Salem does.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

PreviousNext

Return to The Inn of Brodgar