Survival Movies Appreciation Chat

General discussion and socializing.

Survival Movies Appreciation Chat

Postby sMartins » Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:54 am

Quest for Fire

Quest for Fire (French: La Guerre du feu) is a 1981 film adaptation of the 1911 Belgian novel by J.-H. Rosny. Directed by Jean-Jacques Annaud and adapted by Gérard Brach, the film stars Everett McGill, Ron Perlman, Nameer El-Kadi, and Rae Dawn Chong. It won the Academy Award for Makeup. Michael D. Moore was the associate producer in charge of action and animal scenes.
It is set in Paleolithic Europe, 80,000 years ago, its plot surrounding the struggle for control of fire by early humans. The movie was filmed on location in Cairngorms National Park in Scotland and Tsavo National Park and Lake Magadi in Kenya. The opening sequence was filmed at Cathedral Grove on Vancouver Island, BC (forest scenery) whereas the cave home was filmed at Greig's Caves on the Bruce Peninsula along the Niagara Escarpment near Lion's Head, Ontario.

Man in the Wilderness

Man in the Wilderness is a 1971 American Revisionist Western film about a scout for a group of mountain men who are traversing the Northwestern United States during the 1820s. The scout is mauled by a bear and left to die by his companions. He survives and recuperates sufficiently to track his former comrades, forcing a confrontation over his abandonment. The story is loosely based on the life of Hugh Glass. It stars Richard Harris as Zachary Bass and John Huston as Captain Henry.[1]
The expedition in the movie is notable for bringing a large boat with them, borne on wheels.
I'd hardly call anything the Bible of our times » special thanks to MagicManICT
I only logged in to say this sentence. by neeco » 30 Oct 2018, 02:57
Default Client, Best Client!
sMartins

Re: Survival Movies Appreciation Chat

Postby Jalpha » Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:10 am

The survivalist.

Just about everything you would expect from people trying to survive.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aH66dngiW0Y

Into the Wild.

Some emo kid runs off into the wilderness and dies. I only made it halfway through.
Laying flat.
Jalpha
Under curfew

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:02 am

my fav survival movie: This is the End

trailer linked below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILnE7dEhCcc
ChildhoodObesity

Postby Ysh » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:25 pm

How hard to survive movie? I do not want failure death in watching.
Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
Ysh

Return to The Inn of Brodgar