Re: The only world reset/wipe requests/discussion topic

Postby Leon232 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:01 am

I thinkan email list would be a good idea, even if most people treat it as spam. you have a mass list of emails tied to accounts, just send a single email when you are like a month out announcing the resetwith a "heres whats changed" segment so people that have dropped the game over the years will be reminded that its time to get a fresh start rather than play catchup. and be informed about all the changes
Leon232

Postby Granger » Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:50 am

MarcusXDead wrote:Can I make a request?
It would be lovely to get mailed about the word reset

This.

If not avoiding any bad enviroment with redirecting damage to soulless puppets means being a noob, I don't want to be a pro.

That.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby MarcusXDead » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:34 am

It's a pleasure to know that I'm not the only one. Too bad Jorbtar either never reads such things, or just generally ok with current situation and doesn't share such thoughts.
^The wall of text^
MarcusXDead

Postby Headchef » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:34 am

If client render update takes above 2.5 years then maybe you should tell your grandchildren to check if w12 has come out yet because until then there is plenty of work to be done :)
Headchef

Postby vatas » Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:59 pm

Headchef wrote:If client render update takes above 2.5 years then maybe you should tell your grandchildren to check if w12 has come out yet because until then there is plenty of work to be done :)

I may remember wrong but I think jorb admitted a while ago that if they had known how long the rewrite takes they hadn't pursued it. Personally I'm still holding on to a hope that time spent on it somehow turns out to have been worth it.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby MrM » Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:39 pm

Actually guys, what are the first signs of a dying world?
It's my very first experience with HnH and I wonder what are the symptoms of upcoming apocalypse.
MrM

Postby Rexz » Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:09 pm

MrM wrote:Actually guys, what are the first signs of a dying world?
It's my very first experience with HnH and I wonder what are the symptoms of upcoming apocalypse.

There's really no sign that I know of (I'm new like you though) except that atm there are 120-280 active players (depending on the time of the day and weekends) whereas in the beginning of world there were 1000-1500+ people (from what I heard)

Keep on playing and enjoying the game, it will help you next world as you become more experienced with the game mechanics.
It's the best time for newbies to do that right now because of low competition this late into the world.

Usually a new world is created when a sweeping new mechanic, mechanic revamp, or major game engine update is ready to be released.
Also some speculated that due to the complexity of the next big revamp in game mechanic, combat, that the next world won't be until 5-6+ months; so don't worry about world restart for now as a newbie, just play and enjoy!
Rexz

Postby Granger » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:13 pm

Rexz wrote:There's really no sign that I know of (I'm new like you though) except that atm there are 120-280 active players (depending on the time of the day and weekends) whereas in the beginning of world there were 1000-1500+ people (from what I heard)

Keep in mind that the metric we see is concurrent active users and after the first binge days (where one explores, stakes land, build a place and walls it for sqcurity) the online time per day reduces quite a bit - so there may be the same amount of actual players, just with less online time per day.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby bmjclark » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:11 pm

A new world will come when jorb and loftar feel like it. There may be some new huge mechanic to justify it, there may not. There's been a pretty steep drop off in the playerbase but everyone tends to come back and at least play for a month or 2 at the start of a new world. Just the cycle of things.
Cajoes wrote:I was the murder victim your guy aggro'd. And slew. Entirely unprovoked. Rather handily at that. Which prompted the retaliatory party. That you also handily slew.
bmjclark

Postby shubla » Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:39 pm

bmjclark wrote:

A new world will come when jorb and loftar feel like it. There may be some new huge mechanic to justify it, there may not. There's been a pretty steep drop off in the playerbase but everyone tends to come back and at least play for a month or 2 at the start of a new world. Just the cycle of things.

I'm rather certain that there will be a new world in beginning of the next year.
seasons + satiation change that jorb discussed about in stream are probably "enough reasons" for devs to do it
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

PreviousNext

Return to Misc.