Re: The only world reset/wipe requests/discussion topic

Postby abt79 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:28 pm

Headchef wrote:
MrM wrote:It's a bit surprising to see such a brilliant game not living up to its full potential. I don't know much about the developers so please do not stone me for what I'm about to say now but I wish there was a bigger team working on this project. There is plenty of silly things to be fixed (can't plant herbs directly in the soil; cupboards colours; meteorites as a sausage for factions only; lack of tree log stocks) and I don't understand how it came to W11 without fixing such small problems before implementing bigger ideas.

Anyway, I cannot wait for the world reset to become a naked body in a dangerous wilderness again. Definitely the most exciting part of the game.

meteorites not being easy to get for sprucecaps was the entire point of them occuring. drives competition. If they allow another method of getting it, it severely devalues the event as any noob can over time get meteor bars.

his specific example was bad but he has a point, the smaller dev team means that each system they add/tweak has issues that often don't get addressed since they have/would prefer to work on a different big picture thing next week/month/year. Many updates leave behind little problems that pile up and interact with each other to create big ones. Seasons, for example, were added with very little further consideration and now it's on to the combat rework. Winter still sucks but nope, time for the next big thing, no time for how this affects gameplay.

There are numerous areas where the game needs work (eternal alpha I know) but I don't think this piecemeal approach is doing them any favors if all the systems they have (like combat) need to be extensively retooled once enough of the other systems change. That is, the devs don't want to commit too hard to "completing" one aspect of the game since all the aspects interact and therefore might need to change with respect to one another, but without some guiding idea/framework how can one ever commit to anything? Without some concrete idea of what the game should be, how can any change to the game's systems be seen as an "improvement" at all? If it's unclear how siege should even work, how can combat work to complement siege? If the devs aren't sure what the overall purpose of gaining your stats even is (I have 5000 STR now what, are stat caps necessary), how can satiations ever be considered "balanced"? and etc.
abt79

Postby wonder-ass » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:45 pm

Headchef wrote:
MrM wrote:It's a bit surprising to see such a brilliant game not living up to its full potential. I don't know much about the developers so please do not stone me for what I'm about to say now but I wish there was a bigger team working on this project. There is plenty of silly things to be fixed (can't plant herbs directly in the soil; cupboards colours; meteorites as a sausage for factions only; lack of tree log stocks) and I don't understand how it came to W11 without fixing such small problems before implementing bigger ideas.

Anyway, I cannot wait for the world reset to become a naked body in a dangerous wilderness again. Definitely the most exciting part of the game.

meteorites not being easy to get for sprucecaps was the entire point of them occuring. drives competition. If they allow another method of getting it, it severely devalues the event as any noob can over time get meteor bars.

i think these kind of items should only be valuable to factions meaning that the average hermit has 0 use for them other than min maxing factions this way they wont feel like they are missing out on content.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby MrM » Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:25 am

Headchef wrote:meteorites not being easy to get for sprucecaps was the entire point of them occuring. drives competition. If they allow another method of getting it, it severely devalues the event as any noob can over time get meteor bars.

I get your point but it's not that meteorites land on Earth in one big piece only. It would be nice to find smaller shards randomly. While playing as a member of a bigger faction can be great and highly competitive, it can also downgrade you to a worker ant. So instead of them being exclusive to big factions why not add small and extremely difficult to find pieces, just like in real world? At least the window with notification would mean something to everyone.

Anyway, abt79 explained it well. Having a vision is essential but come on ... almost anything can be of a specific colour but not cupboards. How come? Just one of simple and easy things to fix. I know content creators from other games and they release incomparably detailed objects every two weeks. It's not like you receive tons of content in HnH so often.
MrM

Postby Archiplex » Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:15 am

wonder-ass wrote:
Headchef wrote:

i think these kind of items should only be valuable to factions meaning that the average hermit has 0 use for them other than min maxing factions this way they wont feel like they are missing out on content.

Like a potential replacement or additional item for buildings that need to be built for more realm buffs?

MrM wrote:Anyway, abt79 explained it well. Having a vision is essential but come on ... almost anything can be of a specific colour but not cupboards. How come? Just one of simple and easy things to fix. I know content creators from other games and they release incomparably detailed objects every two weeks. It's not like you receive tons of content in HnH so often.

I believe this was a decision made consciously, mostly since having a ton of different colored cupboards would be ugly. Same for palisades.
the proliferation of automation is the rot of this game, with the next worst thing being the filth that plays it (you, probably.)

W7 - Hermit
W8 - Co-LS of R'lyeh, Owner of the Hermitarium Knowledge Group
W9 - LS of Niflheim
W11 - Hermitage (named Niflheim)
W12 - Hermit -> some rando ass village i forgot the name of that i joined
W10,13-15 - N/A
Archiplex

Postby Headchef » Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:51 am

MrM wrote:
Headchef wrote:meteorites not being easy to get for sprucecaps was the entire point of them occuring. drives competition. If they allow another method of getting it, it severely devalues the event as any noob can over time get meteor bars.

I get your point but it's not that meteorites land on Earth in one big piece only. It would be nice to find smaller shards randomly. While playing as a member of a bigger faction can be great and highly competitive, it can also downgrade you to a worker ant. So instead of them being exclusive to big factions why not add small and extremely difficult to find pieces, just like in real world? At least the window with notification would mean something to everyone.

Anyway, abt79 explained it well. Having a vision is essential but come on ... almost anything can be of a specific colour but not cupboards. How come? Just one of simple and easy things to fix. I know content creators from other games and they release incomparably detailed objects every two weeks. It's not like you receive tons of content in HnH so often.

I understand what you say but no this is bad because this means when you are a realm of shitters you will just run tens or 100/200 of these meteor fragment finders and gain all they actually need from it albeit at a slower rate.

The window already means something for everyone. Everyone can make an alt and mess around at meteor, it is possible outsiders could escape with some ore. However people prefer to sit on forums and talk about inaccessibility rather than attempting because it costs no effort to complain.
Headchef

Postby Ants » Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:27 am

MrM wrote:

Instead of asking for meteorite shards that would get harvested by bots, how about trading for the meteorite you want?

Archiplex wrote:
I believe this was a decision made consciously, mostly since having a ton of different colored cupboards would be ugly. Same for palisades.

Naaaaah. Beauty is no concern.
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (193.94 KiB) Viewed 902 times
Haven's most kawaii retarded ethot karen
Ants

Postby MrM » Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:53 pm

Archiplex wrote:I believe this was a decision made consciously, mostly since having a ton of different colored cupboards would be ugly. Same for palisades.

We already have metal cabinets, odd blue houses and rainbow great halls. I can't really see how would that change things for worse (though I strongly agree with you on palisades).

Headchef wrote:I understand what you say but no this is bad because this means when you are a realm of shitters you will just run tens or 100/200 of these meteor fragment finders and gain all they actually need from it albeit at a slower rate.

The window already means something for everyone. Everyone can make an alt and mess around at meteor, it is possible outsiders could escape with some ore. However people prefer to sit on forums and talk about inaccessibility rather than attempting because it costs no effort to complain.

If what you said was true, you would already see this situation with localised resources. Where I lived there were really high quality spawning points and no one sent a bot in there despite of location being constant. For months. Some distances are not worth to travel even for biggest factions.

Also, the comment about sitting on forums and complaining - we both know it's an argument out of an ass so I won't go ekhem ekhem .... deeper in there.

Ants wrote:Instead of asking for meteorite shards that would get harvested by bots, how about trading for the meteorite you want?

That's just another logic mistake in argumentation. It's a loop where we go back straight to being dependent on faction.

Perhaps I should make it clear that by no means I want meteor shards becoming common. I said they would be extremely rare. What I ask for would be something like 1-3, very high percentage boulders. Enough for a lucky 'sprucecap' to make a lucky metal axe. I can't really see why factions would send 'hundreds of bots' in a search for two metal bars.
MrM

Postby Headchef » Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:43 pm

Extremely rare doesn't matter if you can run insane amounts of bots.

Back when people cared bots would take localized resources the moment they spawned. Now noone cares anymore so they are left for you to find.

In a fresh world you wouldn't find anything of value just laying around unless if it's in your cave system. On surface everything worth gathering will be depleted.
Headchef

Postby Ants » Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:28 pm

MrM wrote:Perhaps I should make it clear that by no means I want meteor shards becoming common. I said they would be extremely rare. What I ask for would be something like 1-3, very high percentage boulders. Enough for a lucky 'sprucecap' to make a lucky metal axe. I can't really see why factions would send 'hundreds of bots' in a search for two metal bars.

They would send out hundreds of bots because you need metiron to get to level 9 mines and because you can trade them for a lot of other resources.
Haven's most kawaii retarded ethot karen
Ants

Postby MarcusXDead » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:42 am

Can I make a request?
It would be lovely to get mailed about the word reset. I was hoping that due to combat rework wipe will occur as soon as it's finished, but on the other hand I can totally see combat rework devepment continuing for another half a year.
I know, if someone wants to know if the world reset is coming they should check forum from time to time, but whenever W12 is coming out - people might be busy with something else and miss it, even if they'd like to try playing from the scratch.

P.S. I have a faith that W12 will not be a disposal alts meatgrinder. That's the reason we stopped playing - during first month of W11 it became so clear that you have to choose between gameplay atmosphere and being efficient- it's either you do everything that gives any penalty or reqies any effort with a shitton of alts, who get disposed after they become unable to fuction on your backyard, or you play as a person, take a risk, treat your wounds, drink water and eat to get energy to work, rather than having constant hunger for maximum stat growth, and ect, and ect. We chose to play with mains only, and were not able to compete with alts users after a month of playing. So far I just checked neighbor thread, a person who posted a screenshot with bee stings treated by kelp got laughed at by 2 guys, saying he's a noob, because he doesn't use alts for beewax collection. I know the problems with some things, but I rather want to see reasonable ingame options to defend yourself when collecting a lot of wax, rather then seeing alts doing it. If not avoiding any bad enviroment with redirecting damage to soulless puppets means being a noob, I don't want to be a pro.
^The wall of text^
MarcusXDead

PreviousNext

Return to Misc.