Re: The only world reset/wipe requests/discussion topic

Postby MagicManICT » Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:24 am

Mafious wrote:i agree H&H wouldn't be the H&H we have if you were all alone, i was just thinking it makes sense from a marketing perspective to offer a singleplayer version, and have a mmo server aswell,

That's all it is, though: marketing ploys. Games that try to do this fail in more ways than one.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Ysh » Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:31 am

Mafious wrote:TL;DR: i think whenever the devs are satisfied with the game not having a singleplayer mode would've be a poor marketing choice.

Whenever dev is satisfied? I expect ancestor of jorb and loftar will be working on this game.
Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
Ysh

Postby Mafious » Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:29 am

MagicManICT wrote:
Mafious wrote:i agree H&H wouldn't be the H&H we have if you were all alone, i was just thinking it makes sense from a marketing perspective to offer a singleplayer version, and have a mmo server aswell,

That's all it is, though: marketing ploys. Games that try to do this fail in more ways than one.

but why? is the same game + single player, it doesn't change the mmo at all. it doesn't even split the player base the ones that like the mmo keep playing that and the ones that don't play the mmo have an alternative.
https://strawpoll.com/xh2d3zr2 if you give a fuck about mining vote on this. Make mining great again! Bring back old supports.
Mafious

Postby MagicManICT » Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:44 am

Mafious wrote:but why? is the same game + single player, it doesn't change the mmo at all. it doesn't even split the player base the ones that like the mmo keep playing that and the ones that don't play the mmo have an alternative.

1. it does split the player base
2. it gives access to code that players wouldn't normally have
3. and this is the big one: the development process is different and requires an increased amount of effort to produce both versions.

and then there are the little things that aren't easily quantifiable, but probably more important:
Feel of the game
Game balance
Attention retention

And that's just naming a few of the issues. The list is much more extensive and detailed.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Mafious » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:06 am

MagicManICT wrote:
Mafious wrote:but why? is the same game + single player, it doesn't change the mmo at all. it doesn't even split the player base the ones that like the mmo keep playing that and the ones that don't play the mmo have an alternative.

3. and this is the big one: the development process is different and requires an increased amount of effort to produce both versions.

and then there are the little things that aren't easily quantifiable, but probably more important:
Feel of the game
Game balance
Attention retention

And that's just naming a few of the issues. The list is much more extensive and detailed.

well it seems you have done your homework on this matter, so i won't press the issue. i still think its a good idea but its just my opinion.

what would be interesting is numbers in regards to new accounts in the coming weeks/months. to see if there are new players or just the same retards that keep coming back because we can't quit this shit.
https://strawpoll.com/xh2d3zr2 if you give a fuck about mining vote on this. Make mining great again! Bring back old supports.
Mafious

Postby Undercio » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:40 pm

Mafious wrote:
MagicManICT wrote:

Feel of the game
Game balance
Attention retention

well it seems you have done your homework on this matter, so i won't press the issue. i still think its a good idea but its just my opinion.

what would be interesting is numbers in regards to new accounts in the coming weeks/months. to see if there are new players or just the same retards that keep coming back because we can't quit this shit.

1. well HnH isnt, and it shouldnt be ever, single-player - thats the main rule, otherwise it would be simple grinding game.
2. if u want to play it single - be our guest - join some kingdom / village for protection and play ur own (and pay tributes if needed ;p).
3. dont be afraid of dying, make alts - not a single jack of all trades character which is pointless in any known way.
4. single-player content... starting area covers that ;p
Undercio

Postby Burinn » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:25 pm

I have grown fond of this world, please do not restart it.
sabinati wrote:do you expect me to just check the forum constantly, fuck off
Burinn

Postby Ysh » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:29 pm

Burinn wrote:I have grown fond of this world, please do not restart it.

Nah.
Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
Ysh

Postby martenx » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:46 pm

So will everyone spawn in the same area or do we need to travel for a couple of hours again to get our "own" spot?

PS: I saw in the notes that the spawns will be "normal" again, als a old player old means far far away to me :)
ImageBottleneck
martenx

Postby pitchkor » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:02 am

anyone there.PNG
anyone there.PNG (11.48 KiB) Viewed 3562 times

world reset please
pitchkor

PreviousNext

Return to Misc.