2 silk = 1 token, preorder
delivery = 1 token

:lol:

Do as I say not as I do.
azrid

Re: The only world reset/wipe requests/discussion topic

Postby ctopolon4 » Wed May 06, 2020 7:03 am

azrid wrote:Do as I say not as I do.

so i should wear leather armor when everyone abusing mammoth hunting (also bugged whale hunting, orcas, chasm conch)? and dont use 20min alt checker for cave clay and highQ animals?
ctopolon4

Postby azrid » Wed May 06, 2020 7:49 pm

Yes be an example.
Force jorbs hand.
azrid

Postby CSPAN » Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:30 am

Ok, I am ready.
LS of Twin Lakes BIG TRUCKS
CSPAN

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:27 pm

Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Lurux » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:19 pm

What is the model behind the current reset cycles? Is there any thaught to this? Do they look at the consumption of something something or do they just reset whenever they feel like? Just wondering if they link if with a business model or it is just random. I'm asking this question because it might (I'm not saying it will) generate more income if they would reset sooner (just like the model PoE is using for example). I know we cannot compare these games because in H&H it takes time to build up something.
Lurux

Postby vatas » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:06 pm

Lurux wrote:What is the model behind the current reset cycles? Is there any thaught to this? Do they look at the consumption of something something or do they just reset whenever they feel like? Just wondering if they link if with a business model or it is just random. I'm asking this question because it might (I'm not saying it will) generate more income if they would reset sooner (just like the model PoE is using for example). I know we cannot compare these games because in H&H it takes time to build up something.

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=67175

The primary reasons for a world reset are:

Several iterations on core systems over the course of the present world has caused imbalances that can only be corrected through a world reset.
We have built up a series of more or less invasive changes that we would like to make, but which do not lend themselves well to being done outside the context of a world reset.
Iteration on the map generator, especially as pertains to the early game conditions of the world.
World resets are fun.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby Enjoyment_2 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:51 am

The primary reasons for a world reset are:
Several iterations on core systems over the course of the present world has caused imbalances that can only be corrected through a world reset.

...so we made a shitton of new imbalances and broken mechanics, that obviously disbalance almost every possible game moment in first weeks.
We have built up a series of more or less invasive changes that we would like to make, but which do not lend themselves well to being done outside the context of a world reset.

...and these changes are? crop q limit is the only one change I can recall and that's a good candidate for the worst decision ever made title
Iteration on the map generator, especially as pertains to the early game conditions of the world.

...so we've just made exactly the same map generation, just with different shapes, not including any of the discussed ideas or fixed any issues
World resets are fun.

oh, okay, that's something really hard to argue with, just don't forget to write "are fun for us, devs"
Enjoyment_2
Under curfew

Postby CSPAN » Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:06 am

First two months of a world are the best experience this game offers, fight me.
LS of Twin Lakes BIG TRUCKS
CSPAN

Postby Lurux » Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:34 am

CSPAN wrote:First two months of a world are the best experience this game offers, fight me.

Not if the world map is variable over time (see also my thread in critique and ideas)
Lurux

PreviousNext

Return to Misc.