Re: The only world reset/wipe requests/discussion topic

Postby ctopolon3 » Wed May 24, 2017 3:29 pm

For 3 years here, I see that the content of updates is too small to keep the most part of audience. I'm still here because I see the prospects, but the speed of the evolution of the game can soon finish me off.
ctopolon3

Postby Sevenless » Wed May 24, 2017 3:32 pm

Crafting does start to feel not useful. Demand for items keeps crafter happier.

Something needs to be done to address the monotony of what you craft though. Making the exact same item for the 70th time isn't as fun as being able to make something awesome with a lot of work/luck.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby sMartins » Wed May 24, 2017 6:23 pm

Granger wrote: ...make them decay by use ...

I think too that durability on items,etc..combined with a free market accesible everytime by everyone could be a huge thing for the game, specially for players interactions.
Probably we can keep the fact that you need to physically move that stuff you want to sell/buy if you want to use them (like Eve)...but not if you play the trader(broker) role.
I mean, give us te possibility to show/buy and sell every items on the market in the world without having it physically. The market game, flippipping prieces,etc... it's a huge game by itself that can provide for some a lot of hours of gameplay.
Market Liberalisation....cause it's fun.
P.S. Again, not a fan of this thing in the real world that is litterally destroying the world and our future. The money Godness! The new religion of our age.
@Sevenless viewtopic.php?f=48&t=53014
I'd hardly call anything the Bible of our times » special thanks to MagicManICT
I only logged in to say this sentence. by neeco » 30 Oct 2018, 02:57
Default Client, Best Client!
sMartins

Postby dageir » Wed May 24, 2017 7:18 pm

sMartins wrote:
Granger wrote: ...make them decay by use ...

I think too that durability on items,etc..combined with a free market accesible everytime by everyone could be a huge thing for the game, specially for players interactions.
Probably we can keep the fact that you need to physically move that stuff you want to sell/buy if you want to use them (like Eve)...but not if you play the trader(broker) role.
I mean, give us te possibility to show/buy and sell every items on the market in the world without having it physically. The market game, flippipping prieces,etc... it's a huge game by itself that can provide for some a lot of hours of gameplay.
Market Liberalisation....cause it's fun.
P.S. Again, not a fan of this thing in the real world that is litterally destroying the world and our future. The money Godness! The new religion of our age.
@Sevenless viewtopic.php?f=48&t=53014

I fully agree. I would play the game just to be able to be a trader. No sarcasm.
dageir

Postby sMartins » Wed May 24, 2017 8:24 pm

dageir wrote:I fully agree. I would play the game just to be able to be a trader. No sarcasm.

Yeah, no doubt that would be fun.
But at the same time I see how in their game, Jorbatar have some clear ethics and morals ideas (and it's also why I love this game so much)...so perhaps destroying these ideas could be not that good in the long term....oh god, I really cannot explain this in English....in short:
we should be very careful to not make this game like every other games out there.
In this regard I feel i can perfectly trust Jorbatar ideas, that proves to be very great so far. So I will be with them despite any route they choose to take.
Yeah, it's just a game, but ideas are really important in our age, that is lacking of ideas.
So even if in a small way, with a game, I really appreciate their job....and I have high regard of them.
I'd hardly call anything the Bible of our times » special thanks to MagicManICT
I only logged in to say this sentence. by neeco » 30 Oct 2018, 02:57
Default Client, Best Client!
sMartins

Postby Aceb » Wed May 24, 2017 10:46 pm

So, who will apply with me for extending this world period? I don't have enough fun yet!
A quest for a hat. - W10
Haven't spawned yet
Aceb

Postby DaniAngione » Thu May 25, 2017 5:12 pm

Aceb wrote:So, who will apply with me for extending this world period? I don't have enough fun yet!

o/

I must admit, like I've said before, that as a builder I hate the idea of resets becoming more and more frequent to cater just to one part of the game's audience. They're not wrong about it, of course. The game does feel bland after some point if you don't have anything bigger to drive you. But, at the same time, the prospect of resetting can be a big downer for both people that enjoy building and have big projects or the people that have recently started the game - and believe me, they exist. We have several newcomers settling around our realm, learning to play the game and enjoying it.

I'm personally pretty sure I won't have much reason to return to the game if the reset mania becomes a worry great enough to hinder all the creative aspects of the game, and I can say for sure I'm not alone in that :P
W15 ???
W14 Proud defender of Kakariko Village
W13 Sporadic member of Ravka
W12 Occasional member of Lake Town
W11 Inactive member of Yggdrasill
W10 King of The Northern Kingdom
W9 The Revenant of Wulf's Retreat
W8 Lawspeaker of New Thotoshire
W7 Lawspeaker of Esteldín
DaniAngione

Postby 2d0x » Thu May 25, 2017 5:18 pm

DaniAngione wrote:I'm personally pretty sure I won't have much reason to return to the game if the reset mania becomes a worry great enough to hinder all the creative aspects of the game, and I can say for sure I'm not alone in that :P

I agree.
Excuse me, I don't speak English.
2d0x

Postby Grog » Fri May 26, 2017 3:47 pm

I agree too.

And there is another aspect I'd like to mention:
This is the age of the noobs now. New players/firstworlders spawn far and wide (and block main roads :V )and are able to explore both the map and the game mechanics in relativ safety.
Poeple can get a grip on the game now to be one day able to compete in the beginning of a new world.
And the longer this status holds, the more people we have in the long run. :)

So if you're bored, go teach some noobs!
Favourite thread: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3388
Grog

Postby avros008 » Sat May 27, 2017 7:17 pm

The poll is %50 %50 dont forget to vote.

http://www.strawpoll.me/13021327/r
dafels wrote:the midges are not the problem,
you're the problem
avros008

PreviousNext

Return to Misc.