Re: Do you play h&h right now? and Do you want world reset?

Postby Kaios » Tue May 23, 2017 3:02 pm

This world is a little over four months old now and I personally think players have gotten bored a lot faster than in previous worlds as it's usually about the 6 month mark that a major player decline starts to happen and at that point they do a map expansion or something.

Even if they did reset though with a big update there is no guarantee it will do anything to improve the late stages of the game as has been seen before and I am almost certain if they do another world reset any time soon you'll be back at the forum again in 4-6 months time asking for the exact same thing.
Kaios

Postby Sevenless » Tue May 23, 2017 3:08 pm

http://104.168.47.163/RedFox/Haven/Tracker.html

Population pattern looks pretty similar to past worlds to me. But yeah, I don't see the point in resetting unless the mechanics dictate a requirement for a reset or enough changes have happened.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby ven » Tue May 23, 2017 4:56 pm

Kaios wrote:This world is a little over four months old now and I personally think players have gotten bored a lot faster than in previous worlds as it's usually about the 6 month mark that a major player decline starts to happen and at that point they do a map expansion or something.

Maybe not quantitatively, but I have the impression a lot less people are willing to make an effort to use their playtime to create non-boring stuff.

The pop tracker is interesting because we can draw two problematic conclusions from it. First, despite the past years of continuous updates, right now we're only about 15 players above the w7 player count. Why so? Some updates added quite a bunch of content and quality of life stuff. If that's not what makes people stay, what is?

Second, people here were once so sure that what was killing haven population was large maps/timed accounts/stat caps/fast autohearth/random map spawn/lack of rivers/lack of charter stones, but none of that changed the numbers significantly or prevented player decay after its removal. For me the only solution that makes sense is developing a stable, self-renewable endgame.
Venator
ven

Postby Sevenless » Tue May 23, 2017 5:06 pm

A lot of older players aren't playing anymore. The fact that haven has maintained a steady pop is kind of impressive, many games dwindle over time entirely. I would say that in order for haven to keep a steady population and account for player drop off even in the hardcores, it's probably doing something right. I certainly find this world more enjoyable than W8's massiveness with no travel.

But the real answer might be that most of haven's endgame population are just hermits, happy to do their own thing and ignore the world.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby Sollar » Tue May 23, 2017 5:06 pm

I don't play anymore, I will for sure play again on world reset, but unfortunately by my past 3 world experience I am very sure I will probably quit next world too after a few month. There is no incentive for me to keep on grinding past a certain point where the game becomes repetitive and boring. There is no endgame unfortunately. Not for me
Sollar

Postby fallout » Tue May 23, 2017 5:13 pm

You idiots need to spend your time coming up with suggestions for things that would actually merit a new world. It doesn't matter if 10k players signed to start a new world, it's entirely up to the two developers that have stated hundreds of times these threads are pointless and should spead the time posting critiques that help the game development.
fallout

Postby ven » Tue May 23, 2017 5:27 pm

Sevenless wrote:The fact that haven has maintained a steady pop is kind of impressive

My point is not that it's maintaining a steady population, which is at any rate debatable since the numbers keep dropping and haven't stabilized yet. My point is that despite all the updates w10 has no more draw power than w7 - a long, buggy and abandoned world. Maybe it's the prospect of future resets that causes this, maybe it's just that the updates aren't what the playerbase needs to keep playing, I don't know. But this isn't right.

Sollar wrote:There is no incentive for me to keep on grinding past a certain point where the game becomes repetitive and boring.

I'd assume that as long as progress is linear we'll need an infinite amount of content to keep us motivated to log on and grind further.
Venator
ven

Postby Granger » Tue May 23, 2017 8:09 pm

fallout wrote:You idiots need to spend your time coming up with suggestions for things that would actually merit a new world. It doesn't matter if 10k players signed to start a new world, it's entirely up to the two developers that have stated hundreds of times these threads are pointless and should spead the time posting critiques that help the game development.

This.

Wipe circlejerks merged. In case you are bored by the current world then suggest a notification mechanic so you can walk away and resort to stuff that dosn't bore you in the comforting knowledge to get informed the moment your biggest problem gets solved (for a few weeks/months, till you're bored again).
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Re: Wipe +1 topic

Postby shubla » Tue May 23, 2017 8:11 pm

Most of people that are not playing and want new world will quit it after 1 month or so.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Re: Wipe +1 topic

Postby azrid » Tue May 23, 2017 8:17 pm

I play right now and I would play if there was a wipe and I would play if there wasn't a wipe.
Game is always more fun if there are more people playing. To have more people playing game has to be more fun though.
Looking forward to see what future updates bring maybe some drastic change comes that increases new player interest manyfold.
I cannot imagine what that might be though.
azrid

PreviousNext

Return to Misc.