Re: The only world reset/wipe requests/discussion topic

Postby KeTo » Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:39 pm

Zajmer wrote:developer policy on resetting the world should be clear. Because of this lack of information, everything is chaotic and people are getting impatient. personally I tried to come back to the game, but concluding by the moods, the state of the world and its age. I'm worried that it would be removed soon.

1 year not enaught to you ? stop thinking only about yourself
KeTo

Postby Zajmer » Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:52 pm

KeTo wrote:1 year not enaught to you ? stop thinking only about yourself

what do you mean?
Zajmer

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:36 am

Dev policy on world resets is clear: if it's necessary for continued existence for the game, say a major hardware or data failure, or as needed for the progression of game development, say something needs to be added to the game that cannot be fit in in the middle of a given world, such as adding oceans, a major change to the way mining works, a way LP are earned, etc.

I think there's been a couple of "because" resets, namely world 6. There were some data problems and other issues that could have been kept in place or fixed as is, but the world was 2+ years old, and there was a lot of 'new' added in with w7. I'd probably lump the transition from 8 to 9 and 9 to 10 in with this, too, but there were enough other changes to the game to warrant a new world to attract players back.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby vatas » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:19 am

I don't feel like making a new thread for it, maybe we can discuss an idea about the new world mapgen here? What if the next World had one big continent in the middle of map where all the players will spawn and smaller continents and islands surrounding it?
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby Enjoyment_2 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:41 am

vatas wrote:I don't feel like making a new thread for it, maybe we can discuss an idea about the new world mapgen here? What if the next World had one big continent in the middle of map where all the players will spawn and smaller continents and islands surrounding it?

One day devs will come to this. Not sure, would it be w12 or w15, but I can wait)

On the side of world reset (which I stand strong against), I really can't get why the map-expansions (which I find one of the most exciting updates in w9) have gone? The current map seems to be perfect for it and it could bring some new (and old) blood - especially when factions start to discover (and claim) all the new Monoliths and Igdrasils.
Enjoyment_2
Under curfew

Postby VDZ » Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:34 am

vatas wrote:my experience has been almost overwhelmingly positive.

vatas wrote:got gifted some metal tools

You just skipped a big chunk of the early game progression with zero effort required on your part. Dig up some iron from already-exposed-but-abandoned veins (explore a bit and you'll get your hands on tons of 'valuable' coal in no time) and you can trade until you're several weeks in progression-wise in a single day.

Stuff like this is a major part of why fresh worlds are more fun than old worlds.
VDZ

Postby pawnchito » Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:51 am

VDZ wrote:
vatas wrote:my experience has been almost overwhelmingly positive.

vatas wrote:got gifted some metal tools

You just skipped a big chunk of the early game progression with zero effort required on your part. Dig up some iron from already-exposed-but-abandoned veins (explore a bit and you'll get your hands on tons of 'valuable' coal in no time) and you can trade until you're several weeks in progression-wise in a single day.

Stuff like this is a major part of why fresh worlds are more fun than old worlds.

So you just like a quick sprint? Like at this point there are people with massive numbers running around. There's fun to be had in both styles of play.
pawnchito

Postby Pate » Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:22 pm

I enjoyed the shit out of last reset. I am a solo player, and it was great fun to meet new neighbours, and chat and trade with them. We even shared a mine at one point.
I don't really enjoy the endgame, so after a month or so I lost my interest, and now I am waiting for the next reset. I hope it comes in early summer when I have time to play!
Pate

Postby Schattengaenger » Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:16 pm

I fear the reset will come sooner than later ...
1. it is febuary again
2. there hasn't been a patch for a while
3. it seems the beta testing for the client rendering rewrite is coming along nicely

A shame, because I actually like the state of the world right now ...
Schattengaenger

Postby ctopolon4 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:48 am

same problems as always: here is to much bugs, abuses and broken stuff for a wipe.
mb fix hunting, questing, seasons & etc, before reset?
aslo improve some UI and remove tedium clicks and made analog for side soft would be awesome...
ctopolon4

PreviousNext

Return to Misc.