Re: The only world reset/wipe requests/discussion topic

Postby kris_hole » Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:21 pm

Undercio wrote:
bladeking230 wrote:Why not make a new server? Or a few. Get some more publicity out for the game. Haven and hearth is a small unknown game for a lot of people. With a bit more advertising or even just putting it on the steam store.. would be something to gain many more players.. I think it would be nice to be able to run my own private server of haven and have my own world where I can make semi public. But if not. Having a few world's hosted through a few servers might be fun. Worth a thought? Imo

I doubt u know what ure talking about... actually ure asking for server source code just like that for free? ... This game is HUGE amount of data to process for every player. There are many server-based things that prevents from cheating (like seeing curiosities or not). Server skips unpopulated areas with some events (im only guessing tho, but getting tea from a teabush - its faster to plant new one than waiting old one to replenish its leaves for example)... well, if ure after helping in development ask devs if u can help with server side hardware options ... code is getting better year by year, it crashes really like atleast 10 times less it used to crash in old haven. Game is getting better, too complicated at few things as for me, but manageable. as PC player id rly like some non-java client, well if i have time and will i may port it to unity or unreal engine someday (hardly possible atm tho).

MagicManICT wrote:Learn to code, make your own game, and voila! your own game server!!

he said it would be cool to be able to run his own private server, not modify and change the source code. I'm sure a lot of haven players at some point have thought "boy i wish i could go in a private world and go in creative to test some things out". no need to attack him for it. But I also think hive servers would benefit the game more too if it was more publicly known (like going out on steam), you could then have varying styles of play for varying styles of people. Like long progressing worlds, play on Official #1 where the world only resets when it absolutely needs to, like playing Rust? Play on Official #3 where it resets every 2 months!

There's nothing wrong with just discussing ideas.
kris_hole

Postby vatas » Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:24 pm

Those sound cool. General response is that those would split already small playerbase further.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby kris_hole » Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:40 pm

vatas wrote:Those sound cool. General response is that those would split already small playerbase further.

yeah that is the only real downside, it would only really work early days if the game had a bigger playerbase or just more outreach/publicity. Although I imagine the short-wipe-cycle servers would see higher population as the persistent server lives on after 1 year+ as people start to lose attention on the big world and want to play it more like games like rust/ark etc.

Could even have a server which wipes the map monthly but players every 2 or 3 months etc. Really small world like 1 super Grid that lasts for a few weeks kind of like a "royale" server, plenty of things you could do with that sort of server architecture in place.
kris_hole

Postby Undercio » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:08 pm

kris_hole wrote:
Undercio wrote:
bladeking230 wrote:Why not make a new server? Or a few. Get some more publicity out for the game. Haven and hearth is a small unknown game for a lot of people. With a bit more advertising or even just putting it on the steam store.. would be something to gain many more players.. I think it would be nice to be able to run my own private server of haven and have my own world where I can make semi public. But if not. Having a few world's hosted through a few servers might be fun. Worth a thought? Imo

I doubt u know what ure talking about... actually ure asking for server source code just like that for free? ... This game is HUGE amount of data to process for every player. There are many server-based things that prevents from cheating (like seeing curiosities or not). Server skips unpopulated areas with some events (im only guessing tho, but getting tea from a teabush - its faster to plant new one than waiting old one to replenish its leaves for example)... well, if ure after helping in development ask devs if u can help with server side hardware options ... code is getting better year by year, it crashes really like atleast 10 times less it used to crash in old haven. Game is getting better, too complicated at few things as for me, but manageable. as PC player id rly like some non-java client, well if i have time and will i may port it to unity or unreal engine someday (hardly possible atm tho).

MagicManICT wrote:Learn to code, make your own game, and voila! your own game server!!

he said it would be cool to be able to run his own private server, not modify and change the source code. I'm sure a lot of haven players at some point have thought "boy i wish i could go in a private world and go in creative to test some things out". no need to attack him for it. But I also think hive servers would benefit the game more too if it was more publicly known (like going out on steam), you could then have varying styles of play for varying styles of people. Like long progressing worlds, play on Official #1 where the world only resets when it absolutely needs to, like playing Rust? Play on Official #3 where it resets every 2 months!

There's nothing wrong with just discussing ideas.

@MagicManICT ... im currently working on 2 projects with unreal and unity, ive published my 1st game in 1990's (assembler, c64 ;p) and i admire code that Jorb works on. Java is a bad choice for client, but easy way for more platforms. its slow and... nvm u know what i mean.

@kris_hole well as i said, getting a source code is out of question (running private server on ur own). If som1 wants private server that means sponsoring extra server for the devs. They know the cost, but that doesnt mean theyll agree. I agree that there could be some "goal" for server reset date, but i also agree that devs choose it (hey devs, this world10 is too old ;p) ... playerbase is low as for mmo, but stability improves, and i think they should finish new dependancies on items that dont have them at this point... and get more players (that should rush some $ for them to further improve the engine) before adding new things.
Undercio

Postby Zajmer » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:04 pm

Wipe is real boys
Zajmer

Postby abt79 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:17 pm

February 1st
abt79

Postby Ants » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:30 pm

pretty thrilled to see a bunch of new hats in the store soon :D
Haven's most kawaii retarded ethot karen
Ants

Postby Belliaum » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:29 pm

Please pls pls make more fishing spots underground so us n00bs can finish our quests without cheating
Belliaum

Postby Ants » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:30 pm

Belliaum wrote:Please pls pls make more fishing spots underground so us n00bs can finish our quests without cheating

You can just drop quests that are too hard, you know.
Haven's most kawaii retarded ethot karen
Ants

Postby HappyBuffalo » Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:10 am

Ok. W 10 finished. Let's start wining about W 11!
I'm tired of world 11. Wipe it and start W12!
HappyBuffalo

PreviousNext

Return to Misc.