Re: The only world reset/wipe requests/discussion topic

Postby VDZ » Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:24 am

ctopolon4 wrote:same problems as always: here is to much bugs, abuses and broken stuff for a wipe.
mb fix hunting, questing, seasons & etc, before reset?

Resets actually provide good opportunities to implement such sweeping changes. Changing it mid-world makes it unfair to those who weren't around before things got fixed.
VDZ

Postby ctopolon4 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:54 am

VDZ wrote:unfair to those who weren't around before things got fixed.

who plays alot already use all abuse and have nice stats and Q
also old players will be not against fix spring quests for winter, and winter quests for autumn (or credo quest where you have to wait season 30RL days to finish 1 of 60 quests)

new world where mammoth\whale are killed at first day and 9999 metals are spiraled from first day will not difference from last world
also alt.char scouting, alt.char criminal, alt.char to collect rare resource, alt.char to reset high Q node (bones caveclay), claiming walling rare resources with impossible raids, abuse with death (no rage char can kill ppl with rage at claim and cant die)
Last edited by ctopolon4 on Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:07 am, edited 3 times in total.
ctopolon4

Postby SnuggleSnail » Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:56 am

How people decide what has too much of an effect to be changed mid-world seems really arbitrary to me. Like, there have been ~5 feasting changes this world that basically invalidated all attributes gained prior, and nobody batted an eye.
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby CLAVICEMBALO3 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:01 pm

RESET DE WORLD PLISE!
CLAVICEMBALO3

Postby whateverisfine » Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:57 am

Get ride of exploits and then reset the world. We really need a new woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooorld, this one obviously didn't work. New features + reset.
whateverisfine

Postby Tarnum » Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:46 am

Whot about try new world without metal spiraling ability?

Metal spiraling is not like fields or animals, people grind it nonestop and tools / weapons quality become higher then need to get all game content like dungeons, trolls. Also because of metal speraling in new, good food system we can rise absurd stat. Cup of stats in world 9 was make us sad, but without spiraling it be like softcup xD
W3 LS of Boar Bay
W4 LS of Herbalist
W5 LS of Axes village
W6 LS of Abode of Hermit
W7 LS of Tarnum's Hermitage
W8 Hermit
W9 Emerald City, Ni Knights
W10 King of Silver Soul
W11 AD, LS of Ocean Store
Tarnum

Postby MarcusXDead » Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:25 am

I suggest remembering this topic:
viewtopic.php?f=39&t=62781
The primary reasons for a world reset were:
We intend to address long-standing imbalances in the present Food system, which have over time caused severe inflations in character values, but cannot do so with less than a clean wipe of all characters.
We intend to deploy a buildup of various, minor but invasive changes to core systems relating to things like qualities, credos, hearth magic, &c, which cannot be deployed to a running world without institutionalizing historical imbalances in it.
We intend to make significant changes to the siege system, due to perceived overcomplexity, which is prudent to do in conjunction with a world reset.
We intend to improve and iterate on the map generator.
World resets are fun.

As many people said, food system was reworked and tweaked plenty of times during w11, one of them being added last month. Everyone who was aiming to inflate their stats have done so during first several months of the w11, so some changes didn't reach them. Maybe it'll be a positive experience for them to inflate their stats again with current changes applied.
Siege system was tweaked several times, as well as some changes in PvP and KO protection. In a fresh new world, where people will be taking high risks (due to absense of combat decks, forged weapons and armor) to make rapid progress, it'll help gather a lot of info about how good/bad new system is. There'll be a lot of situations, where people actually will die and be able to report situations they consider unfair, it'll help tweaking different creature chances to finish KO'd hearthlings off. But even if a fresh character dies during first several weeks it won't really be enough to make people ragequit, because they'll be able to catch up with some effort. The less the stats are, the less time it takes to regain missing 50%.
Mapgen in w11 sure was awesome, exept of some situations, when you had to cross at least 1/16 of the world to make it to biome where you have to find something quest-related. Seasons patch made the whole process even more complex. Some rare local resources were giving some factions advantage (dense icicles spawn in certain mountains). Maybe we can come up with some improvements?
World resets are fun. It's like a hunt or fishing season. It gathers a lot of people, and a lot of funds. It promises a long and bright future, for people who want to start playing and keep it for a while, but don't do so, because w11 just celebrated it's anniversary not long ago, and might not last for long. I really want to play the game again, please *consider*.

On the other topic I kidna agree that there're still problems to be solved before the wipe for it to be efficient.
Hunting exploits and metal spiraling are still things people are frowning upon. Sure, steps were taken to make it better, but, well.
Seasons are limiting people with some restrictions, not giving much in exchange. Cycles got shorter, but maybe people should have some *new* activities to keep them busy during certain seasons? Maybe making some old activities more efficient will help?
Oh, and a shiny new trailer is a must.
It would be really great if devs would speak out what's on their minds.
^The wall of text^
MarcusXDead

Postby Undefined » Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:53 pm

Logged in to dick around for a bit today as I avoided this world restart due to a busy year, immediately started feeling the urge to keep playing, might dick around some more later.
Quality seems to have spiralled a lot quicker this world and I was very impressed with the amount of new content that has been added since I last played. Looking forward to playing again properly after the next reset.
Undefined

Postby matejss » Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:45 pm

Oh boy i hope i won't have to wait another year for world reset :^)
matejss

Postby Vegan420 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:57 pm

Schattengaenger wrote:I fear the reset will come sooner than later ...
1. it is febuary again
2. there hasn't been a patch for a while
3. it seems the beta testing for the client rendering rewrite is coming along nicely

A shame, because I actually like the state of the world right now ...

me too
Vegan420

PreviousNext

Return to Misc.