Re: The only world reset/wipe requests/discussion topic

Postby bumfrog » Sat Jun 18, 2022 10:48 pm

:|

Sure there’s nothing happening on the scale you described because, related to the game not being that big, nobody gives enough of a fuck. Even so, there are definitely people that give some of a fuck, who I would describe as malicious.

Excepting the obvious, this past world we had a guy ddos the game and threaten loftar’s life, and another guy create a custom client that harvests user data without their informed consent.

Do I need to get into specifics?
bumfrog
Under curfew

Postby SnuggleSnail » Sun Jun 19, 2022 12:30 am

I'm happy to agree I'm being a bit pedantic, but I'm doubtful those were more than indifference.

Onlyfans-wife-guy didn't even really /do/ anything. He was just toxic in general towards everybody, even the """DDOSing""" practically just equated to holding down the F5 key on the forum's landing page for 5 minutes. I've fucked up the actual game's performance with poorly optimized bots way worse unintentionally.
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby Nightdawg » Sun Jun 19, 2022 11:13 am

I hope world 13 lasts 2 years
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby Mysia » Sun Jun 19, 2022 10:45 pm

i was thi nking about it and i remember the old change/tradition slider on legacy. I think it was a nice idea, that to take more risk if you die for benefits, but also ability to protect your stats. this might help with permadeath/ open world pvp if the system is implemented in a nice way. then again i am a bit out of touch with such in the gam.e
Mysia

Postby Sevenless » Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:53 pm

Mysia wrote:i was thi nking about it and i remember the old change/tradition slider on legacy. I think it was a nice idea, that to take more risk if you die for benefits, but also ability to protect your stats. this might help with permadeath/ open world pvp if the system is implemented in a nice way. then again i am a bit out of touch with such in the gam.e

In practice it punished non-combatants who wanted continual growth by making them exceptionally vulnerable if they died, while pvpers who were expecting the possibility of death reaped the benefits of relatively* smaller losses.

This is still more or less true because there's a "good enough" set of stats to get to in pvp, while pve players generally want/can benefit from uncapped growth.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby Barbamaus » Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:25 pm

I've been out of the forums for a while, is there ANY clue to when a reset is to be expected? Or if there's a plan to avoid reset still for a long time...
Barbamaus

Postby DreadKatak » Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:31 pm

Barbamaus wrote:I've been out of the forums for a while, is there ANY clue to when a reset is to be expected? Or if there's a plan to avoid reset still for a long time...

Probably still a long run to go yet. No reset clues have happened.
DreadKatak

Postby Massa » Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:27 pm

WIPE IT WIPE IT WIPE IT WIPE IT WIPE IT WIPE IT WIPE IT WIPE IT WIPE IT WIPE IT WIPE IT WIPE IT WIPE IT WIPE IT WIPE IT WIPE IT WIPE IT WIPE IT WIPE IT WIPE IT WIPE IT WIPE IT WIPE IT WIPE IT WIPE IT WIPE IT WIPE IT WIPE IT WIPE IT WIPE IT WIPE IT WIPE IT WIPE IT WIPE IT WIPE IT WIPE IT WIPE IT WIPE IT WIPE IT WIPE IT WIPE IT WIPE IT WIPE IT WIPE IT WIPE IT WIPE IT WIPE IT WIPE IT WIPE IT WIPE IT WIPE IT WIPE IT WIPE IT WIPE IT WIPE IT WIPE IT WIPE IT WIPE IT WIPE IT WIPE IT WIPE IT WIPE IT WIPE IT WIPE IT WIPE IT WIPE IT WIPE IT WIPE IT WIPE IT WIPE IT WIPE IT WIPE IT WIPE IT WIPE IT WIPE IT WIPE IT WIPE IT WIPE IT WIPE IT WIPE IT WIPE IT WIPE IT WIPE IT WIPE IT WIPE IT WIPE IT WIPE IT WIPE IT WIPE IT WIPE IT WIPE IT WIPE IT WIPE IT WIPE IT WIPE IT WIPE IT WIPE IT WIPE IT WIPE IT WIPE IT WIPE IT WIPE IT WIPE IT WIPE IT WIPE IT WIPE IT WIPE IT WIPE IT WIPE IT WIPE IT WIPE IT WIPE IT WIPE IT WIPE IT WIPE IT WIPE IT
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

Postby beardhat » Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:30 pm

My summer has already started and still no server wipe wtf
beardhat

Postby Poulpe » Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:30 pm

beardhat wrote:My summer has already started and still no server wipe wtf

Summer 2023
Poulpe