Re: The only world reset/wipe requests/discussion topic

Postby Ardennesss » Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:43 pm

SnuggleSnail wrote:The average player doesn't have access to mountain tradition or Lv9. Both of these will compound a few times through trees/clay/cutting tool/coal before oreQ is even considered. AFAIK, the best anvil in the game is shit RN compared to the maximum quality an anvil could be, but the thing is people with these advantages can use like Q400 bones and not the best ore from L9 to produce better metal than somebody using Q700+ bones and tippytop L8 ore.

I've complained about Lv9 endlessly, in spite of always being one of the people who benefits from the imbalance, but obviously Jorb hasn't been convinced by my forum reeing. I think it's really unfortunate that the average player can do everything right, put in way more effort than faction people, wait months for quality progression to happen, and still not be able to make anvils better than a faction's several month old one.

IMO, meteorite has created a large social problem with the game that leads to excessively less conflict between PVP groups, and gross/unfun concentrations of power that just really don't need to be there, in addition to their quality imbalance. You guys should try to convince Jorb to make meteorites something that can't be monopolized xd it's one of the few easy changes that would have a significant tangible benefits for intermediate villages
lol shut up nerd ur named after something that dies to salt
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ardennesss

Postby vatas » Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:04 pm

SnuggleSnail wrote:Lots of haven activities that are functionally required cost a static time/resource investment, but the reward they give don't have diminishing returns the more people use it. Mineholes cost the same if one person uses it as if 100 people use it.d

inb4 devs make Minehole take small amount of damage every time a player goes through it.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby Thatguyintheback100 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:16 pm

vatas wrote:
SnuggleSnail wrote:Lots of haven activities that are functionally required cost a static time/resource investment, but the reward they give don't have diminishing returns the more people use it. Mineholes cost the same if one person uses it as if 100 people use it.d

inb4 devs make Minehole take small amount of damage every time a player goes through it.

Please don't give them the idea
Thatguyintheback100

Postby saltyfish » Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:04 pm

vatas wrote:

Please, dont forget to suggest that a player should also get a wound :)
saltyfish

Postby Stormhammer » Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:11 am

Being in a mine alone should give you coaler's cough and it gets worse and worse until you leave it.
Stormhammer

Postby Thatguyintheback100 » Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:11 am

Stormhammer wrote:Being in a mine alone should give you coaler's cough and it gets worse and worse until you leave it.

I'm not gonna say that's a bad idea, there definitely should be some downside to just hardcore chilling in a mine, maybe the miner's credo removes it and the cave hermit one reestablishes it and then gives you a buff for it
Thatguyintheback100

Postby hybik » Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:49 am

Hi, folks! I think for sandbox mmo's need wipe every 6+ months. Cuz game world morph to swamp. And newbie gamers like me cant start to play. Im try 5 years start to play and every time im come on in sunset. Start location full of great walls and abonded camps. Its so annoying and im drop the game all time.

Just need create seasons like a path of exile. And try made big gameplay patchs only for new season. I think its best evolution system for sandbox mmo games. Sorry for my RIP english, im not native speaker. Good luck.
hybik

Postby AriZona » Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:41 pm

One way of judging to reset or not the world is based on reaching equilibration of quality. This has happened already. Because there is no alternative mechanics to grind the quality of crops and metal significantly higher, the gameplay stalled. Despite having decent tools and materials, crops, I dont even need gilding this world, because q gains are small. Gilded clothing helps only new players at this stage of the world. I believe it tells a lot about very imbalanced gameplay.

But starting a new world and then adding new mechanics and some fundamental changes in the middle of it, makes no sense too. I thing devs have to come to senses of the real world by stopping pushing new untested mechanics and just clean it what exists already. Adding yet another bird or mushroom is redundant and useless. I believe next word should come getting back abilities to grow good q crops by everyone without capping. Having some sort of metal quality boost - which could be expensive but q gains tangible (not token increases) - would be sweet and ensure longer game play.
AriZona

Postby vatas » Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:00 pm

I'm starting to lean towards some sort of system where you upgrade your Village Claim to increase the cap that your crops can reach (if we can't get rid of crop caps altogether.)
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:11 pm

vatas wrote:I'm starting to lean towards some sort of system where you upgrade your Village Claim to increase the cap that your crops can reach (if we can't get rid of crop caps altogether.)

Kind of like crop circles?
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

PreviousNext

Return to Misc.