Re: The only world reset/wipe requests/discussion topic

Postby ctopolon4 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 12:56 am

SnuggleSnail wrote: "Just remove custom clients", "just make it impossible to cheese animals"

its OK? when bears, mammoth & cachalots die at 1 week of world? (first meteor = mammoth guard?(high tier armor))
when players have korund for lvl8mine at 1 week of world? (from boulders, when it the most hard stone in mine)(remember when everyone were hunting gold and silver boulders at world start)
its OK when you play the game and looking for good luck when someone farm top resources every 15min 24\7 via custom clients? (wax, cave clay, anglers)
when you spend all weekend to find cachalot and someone have notification on smartphone with coords of it every day. (just learn programming, you dont need to play by game devs rules)
its OK when you got 999 each stat and 99kkLP splited for skills, and you are suffer from rage alt.char maded in 3 days... its good gameplay when you can raise 1 stat from 13 to have everything you need, and if you dont you will not even have lvl9 mine...
its OK when every one can make anlimited amount of alts for wax gathering? rare resource gathering? scouting? (and you have to be with outlaw debuff always if fight with them)
ctopolon4

Postby Fostik » Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:50 am

Think you are overrating the influence of such things.
I bet there is not much people who suffer same game features same as you.
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Postby SnuggleSnail » Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:28 am

OK, so the full list of things you've identified as problems:

1) Bears, mammoths, and whales dying within a week
2) People having mammoth guards at the first meteor?
3) Kourend being found as boulders
4) People botting cave clay, wax(?), anglers
5) Whales are hard to farm
6) Rage alts are spooky???
7) People who raise multiple stats don't have l9???
8) People use alts to gather wax
9) People use alts to scout
10) You get outlawed from attacking alts

Most of these are wrong, IMO, but that's beside the point. AGAIN you're just pointing at something you don't like and screaming "FIX IT!" Why don't you pick one or two of these that would have a big impact, and think about how they could be changed, what the consequences are to those changes, and how those changes could be abused. Then, suggest it in a C&I thread so others can apply their collective game knowledge to do the same, and hopefully you can come to a correct conclusion about if the original thing is an issue, if the proposed fix is good, and if it's worth dev time.

Again, pointing at a complicated & subjective issue and saying fix it doesn't rly do anything
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby Procne » Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:10 pm

SnuggleSnail wrote:Again, pointing at a complicated & subjective issue and saying fix it doesn't rly do anything

Aren't you a bit too strict?
Just let the man say what hurts him.
You can't expect every piece of feedback to come with a solution attached. And it's not his role to fix things either
Procne

Postby meus » Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:44 am

Custom clients are a game breaker???

As long as they are indeed available to everyone, there's no ground for complaining.

If it is so easy, and profitable, and everyone can do it - just do it yourself, too.

Remember when someone said "game too ez - remove custom clients plox" - same person using a custom client, too?
meus

Postby Liss12 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:37 am

Next word reset, when? I kinda want to play some H&H but it seems to be pointless hoping in right now.
Liss12

Postby SkyFury » Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:23 pm

Liss12 wrote:Next word reset, when? I kinda want to play some H&H but it seems to be pointless hoping in right now.

hoping for early february-march.
There was a lot of improvements and changes already this world.
SkyFury

Postby Zentetsuken » Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:34 pm

hoping for literally today
Zentetsuken

Postby kabuto202 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:08 pm

SnuggleSnail wrote:Again, pointing at a complicated & subjective issue and saying fix it doesn't rly do anything

Remember that time that a gamer provided a solution to a problem and it was a good solution that didn't cause 50 other issues? Yeah neither do I.

It's not the player's job to solve the design issues with a game. That's the developer's job. Players are most useful when identifying things they like or don't like, but are consistently shit at getting to the root of the issue. People who think otherwise are just clueless.
kabuto202

Postby MagicManICT » Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:06 pm

kabuto202 wrote:

Remember that time that a gamer provided a solution to a problem and it was a good solution that didn't cause 50 other issues? Yeah neither do I.

It's not the player's job to solve the design issues with a game. That's the developer's job. Players are most useful when identifying things they like or don't like, but are consistently shit at getting to the root of the issue. People who think otherwise are just clueless.

To be fair, small team indie devs don't really have a great track record of solving them, either. Big team, big budget studios that can create a dozen solutions and throw them at a team of playtesters and product testing come up with "ideal" solutions.... More often than not, but it still isn't a sure thing. In my opinion, a good idea is as likely to come from players that take a strong logical approach to the issue as from the small indie dev team. Even if that idea isn't implemented 100% as stated, it's a start to the fix.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

PreviousNext

Return to Misc.