Re: Its time to celebrate new world

Postby vatas » Tue Jan 05, 2021 3:03 pm

SkyFury wrote:Pray for 1st february, great date to start

I think every reset since w8 has been on a Friday, probably in an attempt to give at least some semblance of "fair start" as most people should be able to dedicate weekend to the crucial first days.

There's significant chance that we get announcement for reset on one of the February Fridays but I would actually bet that devs will want to churn out some updates first and reset won't be until April or even later.

http://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/World fun fact, as of making this post, w12 is "1 year 34 days" old, the same that w11 was when it was reset. (see post below)
Last edited by vatas on Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Re: The only world reset/wipe requests/discussion topic

Postby Phaen » Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:35 pm

Something's wrong with that date thing. W12 started in March. It hasn't been a year yet.
Phaen

Postby Leon232 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:19 pm

I dont actually feel a need for a reset this map is so huge im definitely not stuggling for resources.....but i mean i dont try to be competitive just not piss people off?

For people saying they want to wait till a world reset to try playing again....i have to say if you havent played in a few worlds....id start now reguardless, learn all the new mechanics because Jorbtar has added SO MUCH in the last few years.....the cooking is going to take me months till im confident in my mastery. there is just so much to do and see that you wont wanna be learning at the start of the world because for competitive people, youre gonna get left in the dust
Leon232

Postby Zentetsuken » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:55 pm

Leon232 wrote:I dont actually feel a need for a reset this map is so huge im definitely not stuggling for resources.....but i mean i dont try to be competitive just not piss people off?

For people saying they want to wait till a world reset to try playing again....i have to say if you havent played in a few worlds....id start now reguardless, learn all the new mechanics because Jorbtar has added SO MUCH in the last few years.....the cooking is going to take me months till im confident in my mastery. there is just so much to do and see that you wont wanna be learning at the start of the world because for competitive people, youre gonna get left in the dust

nice try hammerting shill

reset NOW
Zentetsuken

Postby kabuto202 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:49 am

Leon232 wrote:I dont actually feel a need for a reset this map is so huge im definitely not stuggling for resources.....but i mean i dont try to be competitive just not piss people off?

People aren't waiting for a world reset because of mechanics. People are waiting for a world reset because of other people.
kabuto202

Postby shubla » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:28 pm

Devs are waiting for another pandemic before announcing w13!
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby ctopolon4 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:57 am

kabuto202 wrote:People aren't waiting for a world reset because of mechanics. People are waiting for a world reset because of other people.

wrong! hope new world will fix all that not fixed in this world. fix farming cave clay, fix angler farming, fix cachalot farming, fix mammoth farming, improve animal AI, fix broken numen quests, fix long scholar quests (study 10 cornucopias), complete custom building and bridges already.
dont undertand why DEVs cant fix it in current world, dont understand why they dont SALT abusers after update (increase cost of kingdom expand and dont SALT biggest kingdom provoked this, when new kingdoms cant expand )
hope to not see PClaims active in 3 months after ppl leave.
hope to not see visitor buff in dead claim.
hope for all game stuff be involved in questing (no repeated quests, not only 3 emotion from 21, & etc)
hope for combat rework where all skills&attibutes matter (more profit from 2222PSY 2222DEX 2222INT 999LORE)
hope for ability to buy liquids and free-flowing via barter stands. (lye, pepper, quicksilver, drinks, swill) (set "hand that takes" to barrel or cistern) (ability to take 100l 10l 0.5l, from barrel, bucket, inventory)
hope for hot key like in custom clients (quick hand slots alt+Z alt+X), and more default client upgrades.
hope for ingame wiki, global chat, trade service, global map. to not use 3rd side devs soft.
hope to not see 70ppl online where most half are scout bots, chat bots, spot check bot, refueler bot, alt.char for wax, cook, treecut, paving, leveling
ctopolon4

Re: Game Development: World 12

Postby Zentetsuken » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:35 pm

MagicManICT wrote:I don't know what else to do other than start handing out warnings and potentially bans for it.

you could try ignoring it since it doesn't hurt anybody, just a crazy idea
Zentetsuken

Postby MagicManICT » Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:47 am

Zentetsuken wrote:
MagicManICT wrote:I don't know what else to do other than start handing out warnings and potentially bans for it.

you could try ignoring it since it doesn't hurt anybody, just a crazy idea

I'll argue it's all spam as it has little to no influence on how or when the world is reset, and therefore against the rules. If it were completely up to me, it'd be treated as such and posts removed from the forum. Keep it to the proper place. Thanks.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby vatas » Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:10 am

ctopolon4 wrote:fix long scholar quests (study 10 cornucopias)

I was going to say that I'd have that over some other quests, but I checked how long that would actually be, and it turned out to be just a bit over two months. Maybe not.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

PreviousNext

Return to Misc.