Re: The only world reset/wipe requests/discussion topic

Postby shubla » Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:30 am

wolf1000wolf wrote:
shubla wrote:
LagannPM wrote:Stop misleading people, there wasn't any mentions of world reset on stream as far as i know.
Rework of rendering engine is not a reason for a world reset, and knowing game devs that rework might not even be out this year.
Either give as a solid proof about world reset or stop speculating on your own.

Tis' no speculation. Loftar has said that it will soon be finished. It's obvious that they are not going to release a new world before that, because it would be quite embarrassing to still not have the new client ready. There have been so many large changes that the new world is to be come soon for sure.

I skipped through the whole 2 hour stream in 1-2min segments and could not find/hear mentions of client rendering update....

I've heard from two rather reputable sources that the stream contains loftar saying that the rendering update is nearly finished.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby wolf1000wolf » Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:28 am

shubla wrote:I've heard from two rather reputable sources that the stream contains loftar saying that the rendering update is nearly finished.

Yes, I've seen mentions of that on the forums too but when other ppl asked for a timestamp the response was to just go watch the stream... which I then did but it was mostly a nice brainstorming session about hunger, combat, and siege mostly.

Maybe it an update about the client WAS mentioned... for like 5 seconds or something. I couldn't find anything about it when I skipped through in 1min increments though.

Only mentions I found was like 18mins into the stream there was a question about the client rendering update in twitch chat... but it was never addressed.
Another mention an hour in or so, to request screenshots of new rendering... but not really much of an answer there either.

Timestamp would be nice as actual proof.
wolf1000wolf

Postby borka » Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:01 am

Java 8 - manually downloads - good to check for actual versions url here:
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40331
Remember what the dormouse said: Feed your head Feed your head
borka

Postby LagannPM » Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:54 pm

shubla wrote:
LagannPM wrote:Stop misleading people, there wasn't any mentions of world reset on stream as far as i know.
Rework of rendering engine is not a reason for a world reset, and knowing game devs that rework might not even be out this year.

Tis' no speculation. Loftar has said that it will soon be finished. It's obvious that they are not going to release a new world before that, because it would be quite embarrassing to still not have the new client ready. There have been so many large changes that the new world is to be come soon for sure.

My point is that releasing rework of rendering engine doesn't means that world is going to be wiped. Rework is purely client based and doesn't affect server where the world is located. By "speculation" i meant you assuming that this is going to be a reason for a world reset, i saw the stream and i knew about rework is being nearly finished (so we were told last year also).
And by proof i meant devs talking about world reset and when it could happen.
LagannPM

Postby ctopolon4 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 3:19 pm

would be nice to see some fixes with new stuff were added (seasons, satiations) before restart. //undoable quests for 2 seasons = sucks. and "Burrower Bean" not works
also would be awesome to have some improvements at Qraise(metal spiralling \\lets add water or trees into formula?) and combat(endless running, stats check, stupid animals, bug abuse at hunt)
also already tired of seeing giant botted pepper/metal/farm production
ctopolon4

Postby wolf1000wolf » Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:53 pm

borka wrote:Timestamp - be nice:
https://youtu.be/O5E-2rQIYm0?t=3968

Thanks borka!

High hopes we'll see the new client soon then~
wolf1000wolf

Postby shubla » Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:29 am

LagannPM wrote:
shubla wrote:

My point is that releasing rework of rendering engine doesn't means that world is going to be wiped. Rework is purely client based and doesn't affect server where the world is located. By "speculation" i meant you assuming that this is going to be a reason for a world reset, i saw the stream and i knew about rework is being nearly finished (so we were told last year also).
And by proof i meant devs talking about world reset and when it could happen.

It is still a big change, milestone(because it has taken SO long), which they for sure will celebrate with a new world.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
shubla

Postby borka » Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:40 pm

loftar and jorb will celebrate a testserver ;)
Java 8 - manually downloads - good to check for actual versions url here:
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40331
Remember what the dormouse said: Feed your head Feed your head
borka

Postby shubla » Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:10 pm

borka wrote:loftar and jorb will celebrate a testserver ;)

New client probably doesn't need a new server. Of course there is a slight chance that there are some changes to protocol as well if loftar has found some improvements during the rewrite.
shubla

Postby azrid » Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:11 pm

Its hard to get all the information and hints by skipping through streams. You need to watch/suffer through it all and not have your attention wane.
They also mentioned something big and important to them. They reached a milestone in revenue. They expressed joy towards this.
To a person who has watched previous streams you will notice they have talked about money before. They said how they understand world resets bring them in money.
We also know they want a permanent world eventually but seeing how development takes a long time there is no point to throw away good money.
A reset at the start of the year would show a bigger revenue number at the end of the year.

All signs point to a reset. This is my analysis.
azrid

PreviousNext

Return to Misc.