Re: The only world reset/wipe requests/discussion topic

Postby shubla » Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:15 am

but when will we get w12
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby abt79 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:11 am

HappyBuffalo wrote:Ok. W 10 finished. Let's start wining about W 11!
I'm tired of world 11. Wipe it and start W12!

This
Yesterday there were 1000 players and now there are only 999. Dead game
abt79

Postby Kamekono » Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:25 pm

shubla wrote:but when will we get w12

Approximately somewhere between 1 and 4 years from now, depending on how things develop and assuming there is no critical reason to reset sooner...
Kamekono

Postby MagicManICT » Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:37 pm

Kamekono wrote:Approximately somewhere between 1 and 4 years from now, depending on how things develop and assuming there is no critical reason to reset sooner...

I've a feeling this isn't a long lasting world coming up. One of their major projects is going to completely change how map data is managed, and will likely need a reset so it can be implemented.

In the mean time, we'll have some fun experiments with the map that gets generated. (Note to devs: I'd hate to see a high quality node, like clay or such, be stuck out in the middle of the water where you can't access it. I know we've seen it in the past. Anything that can be done to prevent such would be greatly appreciated.)

Also: catapults or ballistas for knarrs when?
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Hrenli » Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:45 pm

MagicManICT wrote:One of their major projects is going to completely change how map data is managed

If you mean object-controlled-object, realistically speaking I think we still have enough time till it's a reality. Client rewrite OTOH doesn't really mean a new world and they also said so during the stream.

But we'll see.
Too old to rock-n-roll, too young to die.
Hrenli

Postby Mafious » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:11 pm

In regarda to the discussion about multiple servers i've always tought this game would be much more marketable if it had the option for singleplayer. Like minecraft or diablo that had both single player and ladder.

In any case single player would appeal a lot of people that don't have the time or really just don't like the idea of people trashing their base or stuff like that. Idk how feasible is that option or even if the devs like the idea which i think they don't.
https://strawpoll.com/xh2d3zr2 if you give a fuck about mining vote on this. Make mining great again! Bring back old supports.
Mafious

Postby Burinn » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:15 pm

Mafious wrote:In regarda to the discussion about multiple servers i've always tought this game would be much more marketable if it had the option for singleplayer. Like minecraft or diablo that had both single player and ladder.

In any case single player would appeal a lot of people that don't have the time or really just don't like the idea of people trashing their base or stuff like that. Idk how feasible is that option or even if the devs like the idea which i think they don't.

You know anyone playing private Runescape or World of Warcraft servers entirely solo?
sabinati wrote:do you expect me to just check the forum constantly, fuck off
Burinn

Postby Mafious » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:36 pm

Burinn wrote:
Mafious wrote:In regarda to the discussion about multiple servers i've always tought this game would be much more marketable if it had the option for singleplayer. Like minecraft or diablo that had both single player and ladder.

You know anyone playing private Runescape or World of Warcraft servers entirely solo?

i know many people played diablo 2 exclusively single player, also minecraft, WOW is different, the only thing you build there is your character and the reason you need other people is to kill stuff, most of the things in H&H you can do alone specially with 20k stats.
https://strawpoll.com/xh2d3zr2 if you give a fuck about mining vote on this. Make mining great again! Bring back old supports.
Mafious

Postby MagicManICT » Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:35 pm

Mafious wrote: you can do alone specially with 20k stats.

Maybe you didn't watch the stream, but this is not going to be a thing in next world. Biggest characters in w3 were about 6k STR (enough to bash a brick wall). Biggest characters in w7 (before the server became legacy) were well under 10k. When the risk of death is high, and actions that are considered offensive are almost guaranteed to get a character killed, there's nobody going to grind that high just to lose it. That's just how flawed this world has become. Don't take the current world as the intended state of the game. It's just the synergy of several, minor on their own, flaws in game mechanics.

I try at every opportunity to dissuade the notion that there will ever be private servers or single player versions of this. People have been asking for it as long as I've been a member of this forum. I don't see it ever happening. If you want a game with you and your friends alone, there are several games out there that provide such. The experience just isn't the same, and I, at least, get bored with them faster than I ever do with Haven.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Mafious » Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:47 pm

MagicManICT wrote:
Mafious wrote: you can do alone specially with 20k stats.

Maybe you didn't watch the stream, but this is not going to be a thing in next world. Biggest characters in w3 were about 6k STR (enough to bash a brick wall). Biggest characters in w7 (before the server became legacy) were well under 10k. When the risk of death is high, and actions that are considered offensive are almost guaranteed to get a character killed, there's nobody going to grind that high just to lose it. That's just how flawed this world has become. Don't take the current world as the intended state of the game. It's just the synergy of several, minor on their own, flaws in game mechanics.

I try at every opportunity to dissuade the notion that there will ever be private servers or single player versions of this. People have been asking for it as long as I've been a member of this forum. I don't see it ever happening. If you want a game with you and your friends alone, there are several games out there that provide such. The experience just isn't the same, and I, at least, get bored with them faster than I ever do with Haven.

i agree H&H wouldn't be the H&H we have if you were all alone, i was just thinking it makes sense from a marketing perspective to offer a singleplayer version, and have a mmo server aswell, for some people the fun part is fighting other people, for some people q grinding is fun, for other people is exploring and finding abandoned or active bases and villages, for other people is making piramids and stuff that looks pretty. it is true the piramids and the stuff that looks pretty would be less impresive in a singleplayer game but it has to be a market for a H&H singleplayer experience, its just up to jorb and loftar to decide if they want that or not. you can have content exclusive for multiplayer like worldbosses that are either imposible to kill alone or just not available in singleplayer or somekind of feature or events that are exclusive to multiplayer. not to mention those players that are atracted to the rush of being the first ones to make something or kill something or reach xQ something or dominate certain part of the map first would've no reason to play singleplayer.

TL;DR: i think whenever the devs are satisfied with the game not having a singleplayer mode would've be a poor marketing choice.
Mafious

PreviousNext

Return to Misc.