Re: The only world reset/wipe requests/discussion topic

Postby Schattengaenger » Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:30 am

CSPAN wrote:First two months of a world are the best experience this game offers, fight me.

Only if you are in a Group of powerplaers that either stand a Chance to defend them selves against griefers or grief themselves.
Let me tell you that I had no fun this world being denied every opportunity to settle by AD.
Schattengaenger

Postby CSPAN » Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:11 pm

Well, everyone was spawned this world on the same continent without anyone knowing beforehand. Early world was fairly intense this time around. If I were to have played alone, I would probably have been bullied too.
LS of Twin Lakes BIG TRUCKS
CSPAN

Question

Postby Fenomen » Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:43 pm

Hey, any info about world reset? I am waiting W13 :x
Fenomen

Re: Question

Postby blank » Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:49 pm

Nope, Jorb said there will be no more worlds sorry. good luck.
blank

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:23 pm

Fenomen wrote:Hey, any info about world reset? I am waiting W13 :x

I'm sure you missed this thread I moved your post to since it was buried in the stickies. It's the place people should go to when talking about wanting information about a world reset.

When there is information on a new world, it usually gets posted about in Announcements and gets stickied there until the restart.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Fenomen » Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:33 pm

MagicManICT wrote:
Fenomen wrote:Hey, any info about world reset? I am waiting W13 :x

I'm sure you missed this thread I moved your post to since it was buried in the stickies. It's the place people should go to when talking about wanting information about a world reset.

When there is information on a new world, it usually gets posted about in Announcements and gets stickied there until the restart.

I am agree with you, thanks.
Fenomen

Postby DoctorCookie » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:26 am

So this looks like the fastest world to inactive on record as opposed to last world which had the biggest influx of players ever. Now why that is is obvious to most. The devs put in place a mechanic where it was real hard, not impossible, to die from griefers. they Kept in place mechanics that made it debilitating and still hard to hunt, but not a death sentence. Tough game, a place for many to come and stay, still the highest penalty for death out there. Then they listened to the power players. the forum warriors and put this game back in the stoneage of full loot permadeath not fun times of what? a decade ago? Maybe now someone will listen to Granger.
DoctorCookie

Postby DDDsDD999 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:26 pm

DoctorCookie wrote:So this looks like the fastest world to inactive on record as opposed to last world which had the biggest influx of players ever. Now why that is is obvious to most. The devs put in place a mechanic where it was real hard, not impossible, to die from griefers. they Kept in place mechanics that made it debilitating and still hard to hunt, but not a death sentence. Tough game, a place for many to come and stay, still the highest penalty for death out there. Then they listened to the power players. the forum warriors and put this game back in the stoneage of full loot permadeath not fun times of what? a decade ago? Maybe now someone will listen to Granger.

What the fuck are you talking about, this is the most carebear PvP has ever been, and the slowest player decline, you're just blatantly lying.
DDDsDD999

Postby vatas » Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:34 pm

Constructive discussion in this thread? What changes, that require a wipe, would you want to see in the next world?

I think mudflats should have their own type of terrain instead of being just "dirt." It's confusing and probably makes it harder to implement any measure that would make acre clay to regenerate.

Back when I first had this idea I was also thinking of second thing, but I can't for the life of me remember what it was. Probably something about the biomes, I get it you want them to be unique but it sucks when your entire continent doesn't have X forageable at all.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby terechgracz » Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:16 am

vatas wrote:Back when I first had this idea I was also thinking of second thing, but I can't for the life of me remember what it was. Probably something about the biomes, I get it you want them to be unique but it sucks when your entire continent doesn't have X forageable at all.

Biome types could be procedurally generated using current biomes as reference. So there would be possiblity of living on mammoth only bluebell only mulberry only biome.
terechgracz

PreviousNext

Return to Misc.