Community Fair - Weekend Events [next on Dec 3, 4pm UTC]

General discussion and socializing.

Community Fair - Weekend Events [next on Dec 3, 4pm UTC]

Postby Chebermech » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:00 pm

Hello everyone and welcome to official Community Fair weekly event page!

If you haven't heard of Community Fair yet, it's a great place to trade and socialize at and it is located in a Hedgehug Kingdom at the the south-south-west end of the map which you can easily find on an oddimap marked with our official rings logo, as well as see the crossroads marked on the same map leading to Community Fair (note: couple of them marked in the wrong locations, which will hopefully be solved soon™).

We are now launching an new social program to bring more fun to the game on a weekly basis every Sunday at 4PM UTC!
Next event on Sunday, at Community Fair on December 3rd at 4PM UTC
!

This week on Community Fair - 3v3 Shoe-ball, Foot Racing, Music Chairs, and more!

Event Types and Prizes:

• Shoo-ball is a game where you shoo the sheep until it reaches the opposing team's goal, played on a special Shoo-ball certified field, in teams of 2 versus 2. Tournament can only start if there are at least 4 teams participating. The team that scores first goal in a 5 minute mark, wins the match and gains 2 tournament points. If the game ends and nobody scores, both teams gain 1 tournament point each. Each team gets to play against all the other teams to accumulate the tournament points, and once all games are played, teams that end up having the same amount of points play one more match against each other. The top 3 teams get with the most tournament points win 1st, 2nd and 3rd place and according rewards. Prize pool for the 1st place is equal to # of teams *10 golden quills for each player on a team. 2nd place gets 75% of the 1st, and 3rd place gets 50% of the 1st team's prize also for each player on a team.

• Racing is a game where up to 5 players race against each other on a race track in two stages, 1st stage east to west, and then backwards, west to east for the 2nd stage. The results of both stages sum up at the end of the race, if two or more players end up with same score, they race again, only in one direction. If there are more than 5 players participating, the groups are split into even number of participants for each group and victors of each group will race in the end for an additional prize. The prize for 1st, 2nd and 3rd places per group are 30, 20 and 10 golden quills. If there is more than one racing group, the victors who received 1st places will race each other for an ultimate prize of 50g*number of groups participating, only 1st place gets the prize. Drinking water and changing speed is permitted and advised. Racing can take place on foot, a wheel barrow or a horse, either quality 10 or any, depending on the event type.

• Frog Racing is a game where you drop a frog (sometimes toad or a rat) in a frog race track and help it get through the 6 zones closed off by gates. You can only have one gate open at a time, which means you cannot open 2nd gate before you close the previous one. Encouraging your frog, and blocking it from behind to stop it going the wrong direction is the way to victory! Race track consist of 5 lanes, one per each player or a team. In case of a team race, each lane has 2 players and 2 frogs, both of which have to pass through to the same zone before closing the door behind them and opening the next one. The game stops as soon as first player/team reaches the finish zone. Prizes for the 1st only 50g per player on a team.

Note that the host might chose to drop/skip some of the games, depends on the amount of people participating and time spent on previous games. Also check out for rules before each event, as they might change to make better the overall experience.

How to Play Shoo-ball more efficiently:

Step 1: Install Amber client from here.
Step 2: Turn on your F-keys and bind a Shoo Closest Animal script from Extention section to one of the F-keys.
or follow steps shown in this picture down below.

here's a video from a player's perspective of one of our previous event: https://youtu.be/QjmndRU4bzw
Last edited by Chebermech on Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:32 am, edited 22 times in total.
Chebermech

Re: Community Fair - Weekend Events [next on: June 18, 4pm U

Postby NOOBY93 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:39 pm

Seemsgood!
Jalpha wrote:I believe in my interpretation of things.
NOOBY93

Postby jordancoles » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:30 pm

Shooball will require horses
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby viznew » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:34 pm

shoo ball def looks fun i will try to be there and hopefully at least watch or play a round

plus everyone i hear talk about shoo ball loves it
ImageImage
viznew

Postby ISKRA » Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:11 am

omg looks great!
W6-one of leading members of S.I.A.B
W7-Cheiftain of Kastepo
W9-last slav of FnIKorean
W10-FnI chieftain/slav of KoreanAlliance
W11-just lad in tymas
W12-gopnikboi with bricks in KoA thugplot

show us ur brick art - http://www.havenandhearth.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=50469

ISKRA

Postby Sarge » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:06 pm

"Shoo-ball" - one of the best things I have ever read on these forums. Brilliant :lol:
factnfiction101 wrote:^I agree with this guy.
Sarge

Postby NOOBY93 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:16 pm

Fun event

expect more games next week!
NOOBY93

Re: Community Fair - Weekend Events [next on: June 25, 4pm U

Postby Chebermech » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:50 pm

the next event starts in 20 hours!
Chebermech

Re: Community Fair - Weekend Events [next on: July 2, 4pm UT

Postby Chebermech » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:41 pm

Don't forget next event starts in 2 days, with couple of changes to the rules, make sure to check them out!
Chebermech

Re: Community Fair - Weekend Events [next on: July 2, 4pm UT

Postby NOOBY93 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:37 pm

Event in 25 minutes, come by the community fair if you want to play some games and win some money!
NOOBY93

Next

Return to The Inn of Brodgar