haven plate techonics / or geology

General discussion and socializing.

Re: haven plate techonics / or geology

Postby pppp » Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:28 pm

Granger wrote:The suggestion that rivers should have a downhill current that affects boats (and logs) is quite old and somewhat frequent, would add flavor to the game. But it also would have side effects that could be less fun, when in an area with more and steeper elevation changes - like the inability to boat into mountains.

Is that an indispensable privilege we shall not be stripped of that we shall be always able to boat upstream, through waterfalls specifically ?
I have serious difficulties imagining how it would like to boat upstream IRL through this:Image

Coracle users can always pack their boat and walk around the difficult parts of the river. And I was not even asking to implement water flow, I was just talking about consistent elevation decline along the course of the river. Again, I see way more problems and effort on the (re)coding side of things than on the game mechanics side.
pppp

Postby MadNomad » Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:02 pm

yes, this mechanic should make buildings fall every 2 days so we have to rebuild them, sounds fun!

DDDsDD999 wrote:
Jacobian123 wrote:
MagicManICT wrote:If only the map gen was actually based on something such as this...

Less lakes and longer mountain ranges for W11 would be incredibly nice.

pls no, that sounds boring as shit.
MadNomad

Postby viznew » Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:49 am

Suddenly i feel like i should look at new map and speculate
ImageImage
viznew

Postby viznew » Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:29 am

double post

wont lie started it and got lazy

youll notice the middle plate has sunk from the water weighting it down it was once land but the mega volcano lava flowed many many miles into the middle plate where it cooled and over millions of years weighted it down and as water rushed in it sank farther one day the mountain top will vanish under the water

ImageImage
viznew

Previous

Return to The Inn of Brodgar