Forum Game: Guess the Big Thing

General discussion and socializing.

Re: Forum Game: Guess the Big Thing

Postby MagicManICT » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:32 pm

MrPunchers wrote:It's gonna be an update for Haven and Hearth I think.

Mind. Blown.

edit: I guess Granger wants me to put a guess here.

Best I can come up with that someone hasn't already said is "reskin of the portico" and "new form of charterstone." Pretty lame, right?
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Lunarius_Haberdash » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:47 pm

Honestly, all I can say at this point is that I hope all this talk of "dungeons" and "other realms" are wrong. Part of HnH's charm is a complete absence of this traditional MMO schlock that appears. Admittedly, I trust Jorb and Loftar to do it on a far more interesting level than any other developer would, but honestly, it'd just be a letdown. The grounded, down-to-earth nature of the fantasy/magic in HnH is what has drawn me to it for so long.

Dryads are nifty, sure it may be nice to have something done involving them, but nothing that makes them NPC like. The quest givers being natural features in the wild is perfectly in theme, I feel that a humanoid element you could interact with any further than that just... leaves our target area.

Dungeons? Ugh, can this not become every other MMO? The other players in the world are my instances and raid dungeons, and most of them are higher level battles than I can typically hope to conquer.

I'm hoping it's walls we can walk on and houses that are no longer instances but exist in the world... I believe the tech involved in making these would include bridges. Also, given that the rendering update would go hand in hand with accomplishing these goals, it seems like a likely combination. The same thing would allow for far more customized houses and improved aesthetics all around. So that's my guess.

Walls/Houses/Bridges update.
jorb: I don't want *your* money. You are rude and boring. Go away.
Sevenless: We already know real life has some pretty shitty game mechanics, it's why we're here instead.
Avu: The end is near it has finally come to pass: I agree with Lunarius...
Shubla: There are also other reasons to play this game than to maximize your stat gain.
Lunarius_Haberdash

Postby the_portals » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:19 pm

I bet it’s gonna be something to summon the end of the world, like the end of w8 (I think it was w8 anyways, I know it was somewhat recent
I was in the Northern Army once and you can never take that from me
the_portals

Postby romovs » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:15 pm

about a week ago loftar added some map related code to the vanilla client which could mean either
- a support for multiple worlds (or "pocket" worlds)
- just a fix for the lingering map tiles after world reset
romovs

Postby shubla » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:41 pm

It will be something related to the 100th independence day of Finland.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby ElGato » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:23 am

It will be like everything else that's new to the game. Either overpowered or underpowered.
burgingham wrote:We are all Gato, and Gato is Delamore of course. Goons blablabla...

Caradon wrote:Gato, the anti-ghandi

Sabinati wrote:yeah we're gonna kill you gato!!!
ElGato

Postby linkfanpc » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:21 pm

It's never anything we think it is, so it's gotta be the most obscure answer.

It's the new wound system!
Waiting for something to happen? Everything is going to be okay.
jorb wrote:Hitting a "Ghejejiiwlonk" with your "Umappawoozle" for eightyfifteen points of "Sharmakookel", simply makes no sense.

W7: Semi-Hermit
W8: Semi-Hermit
W9-13: Lawspeaker of villages of myself-4 people.

There's SOMETHING behind you.
linkfanpc

Postby pheonix » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:32 pm

Had a moment of deja vu today and for some reason i thought a village mate was complaining about it raining outside and not wanting to go out. so i was thinking maybe we get the client optimization with weather like rain and snow and wind, although would that be classified as seasons?
pheonix

Postby ErdTod » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:34 pm

My bet are Dragons! Somewhere deep in my memory I remember Jorbtar willing to add them as some kind of devastating fore, so I bet on Dragons and this pile being their bones!
ErdTod

Postby blank » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:14 am

blank wrote:its def a new kind of dungeon :D maybe some new kind of Npc lives in it?

just saying :D
blank

PreviousNext

Return to The Inn of Brodgar