Haven papercraft and 3D print

General discussion and socializing.

Haven papercraft and 3D print

Postby Flyrella » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:41 pm

ImageImage
Added: I extracted the model of the kiln and my friend printed it:
Last edited by Flyrella on Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:28 am, edited 6 times in total.
Flyrella

Re: Haven papercraft

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:30 pm

Flyrella wrote:could someone try to make that?
sprucecap.pdf <link removed>

I'm sure the file is safe, but please stick to posting images or text only. PDF files can carry some nasty scripts and viruses that aren't necessarily caught by virus scanners. If someone wants to get the source, they can then message for it.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Flyrella » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:57 pm

ok, here are the images
Flyrella

Postby Attas » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:59 pm

Very good idea! I wish someone talented in those arts could make some of these dolls for us to print and play.
Attas

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:59 am

If you can extract the 3D models from the resource files, jorb does all the work in Blender, and with the papercraft mod... Just sayin'

There was a resource editor here a while back, but I don't think its creator has kept it updated the last couple of worlds, so no idea if it would still function.

As an added thought... I wonder if it'd be possible to program these things into those paper cutting machines you can program so you get clean lines. Properly trimming these papercraft things have always been one of the hard parts of assembling them and looking good.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Granger » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:42 am

MagicManICT wrote:As an added thought... I wonder if it'd be possible to program these things into those paper cutting machines you can program so you get clean lines. Properly trimming these papercraft things have always been one of the hard parts of assembling them and looking good.

Possibly, but then you'll have the issue with alignment.

A good solution to cut these out is a metal ruler, a cutting mat and a scalpel.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby Flyrella » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:20 am

MagicManICT wrote:If you can extract the 3D models from the resource files, jorb does all the work in Blender, and with the papercraft mod... Just sayin'

That is exactly what I did: extracted the model with the resource editor and used the papercraft addon in Blender. But most objects are too complicated for papercraft. Even the sprucecap is :( So most models need some simplification.
In addition most objects are made as a bunch of separate meshes. For example the handle of the cupboard is not attached to the door (and actually cbs are a bunch of separate parts). So in order to make a papercraft of a cb so it looks exactly like in game, it has to be remodelled very significantly.
Although now I think that boolean modifier might work well here.

Ill print what I posted today and try to assemble if I can
Flyrella

Postby iamahh » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:50 am

wonder if it's possible to enlarge the small creatures
iamahh

Postby Flyrella » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:14 pm

iamahh wrote:wonder if it's possible to enlarge the small creatures

Of course. That is very easy
Flyrella

Postby Attas » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:05 pm

What about log cabins, stone towers, kilns, smelters? With enough simplification, these could totally be printed.
Attas

Next

Return to The Inn of Brodgar