A quest for a hats - A journey throught the old world!

General discussion and socializing.

Re: A quest for a hats - A journey throught the old world!

Postby maze » Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:44 am

:D
WARNING! MY ENGISH SUCKS.
game ideas
maze

Postby Aceb » Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:19 pm

Did... did senpai acknowledged me?!

Day 6 (edit: did even anybody noticed it was 6, not 7?)

Ocean. Endless pool of water. I cannot proceed forward because of it. Have You ever wondered, what kind of monsters can lurk in the deepest parts of oceans? As it is for now, many beatiful knarrs are standing abandoned around the hearthlands. Maybe, those should decay into ghost ships over time, appearing from time to time in different places, haunting it's fishermen. Going along the shore, I wondered... Wondered so much in fact, I've found myself under a settlement of nice russian people. In my travels, many people said to avoid them, that they are cruel, vicious and dangerous. Is it like that? I would dare to say, not always, not everyone and nationality doesn't matter. Mean people are everywhere same as good people are everywhere. It is just faith or luck? Destiny or karma, that we find one type or another... One is for sure. People will often acknowledge more the evil they received, than good they were given. Is it by choice or maybe, because we find something that's good to happen naturally, while evildoers are something like... outsiders,a picture not fitting? Thank You Cool Russian people, for the Laddie's cap.

The powers of true slav from this laddie's cap have showed themself pretty fast. The first abandoned camp I found myself stumble upon was containing another hat. After squatting down and entering the super slav mode, I could sniff the sprucecap hat lying around, thus, giving myself the opportunity to claim 8th chat.

After reaching another big water body, I found a small settlement of man named John. He was a great help. He couldn't spare me a hat, but instead, gifted me a whole stuff of other gear and especially, the leather backpack! Thanks heavens! For a week of travels, I couldn't find enough ot leather to make myself one. After spending a little fine time with John and trying to help Him to find His missing cart, I made nearby den a home I could eventually come back to if I had to and moved on. Once again, thanks John.

With this last place, I'll end this day, founding another sprucecap. That's really fascinating if You think about it. Many places this days have sprucecaps left in abandoned places. You might think it's not a big deal but I think it might be. Just wonder for a little, a gear that's quality is far beyond that of sprucecap... yet it is here, waiting for me to be discovered and claimed. Here, one of many sprucecap had to make a tough decision, perhaps life changing! Getting some cloth it ain't a problem, but to have to leave your own, hand-made sprucecap for this far better head gear? They just could drop it, make it disappear but... they didn't. Just left it behind, still making it to exist. To wait. For another person, to stumble upon it. This is one of few decisions in this world, that repeat itself over and over.
A quest for a hat. - W10
Haven't spawned yet
Aceb

Postby Aceb » Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:37 am

Day 7
I wake up with terrible hangover. Is it the power of this slav hat on my head, working it's magic on my head? The feeling of incoming squats, hats and carrots, push me forward into the unknown! After all, there's a water body that cannot stop me! I'll just take it into my bucket and drink it all, try to stop me, You blue monster!
You know the feeling, when You enjoy riding so much on your slav horse, in fact way too much, that You completely lost it that it is wild. Once the pony power of the rainbow fuel ended, not "my" anymore, just literally drop me off, kicked my arse on the good-bye and oh, my. It was not end of the trouble. Two bats seeing how I treat that poor horse, decided to help me up to stick to the ground. One bat is not a problem for a Mr. Satan like me, but oy blin, little I know, that two bats after having your butt kicked by a horse, is actually a bad idea. I managed to kick one bat, but the second was flying too darn high for my kicking range.
Also, I was promised with a meal, everything being setup already, almost like a calling to get a small feast, but someone just played a bad prank on me! That's... unforgivable, unacceptableeeee and well, oh... Life is brutal, isn't it?
But, You ain't denying me a squirrel and some rats on the stick. Delicious meal.

After some times passed, it was still that bat wounds and horse trauma reminded me of themself. I had to eat to replenish my natural healing powers and refresh my strenght. I found a few dead animals not so far from someone's nice, small river camp. Being a quick carpenter, I made myself a similar eating station like the previous one I found, that lied to me with it warmth welcome. While cooking that smelly, old and decayed badger, but still cook-able, Chip number two decided to go with the wind forward and left me alone. Why, my beloved Chip's, why!
I'm actually surprised how for so long, it had to stay like this. Actually, it's a nice discover for a long traveling slav like me. Could sit for a moment, let my mind fly with within the red fields. Hit the border again, but the runestone next to it explains pretty much what happens to people who sees a dragon.
Now, there was an unexpected event. Of course, it wasn't spanish inqusition, but I found a farmer look-alike looting the place. Sure, after brief talk, I made them sure I am not going to neither steal their wagon or a loot. I was only interested in finding a hat and the gopnik power of my current hat, have not disappointed me. I found a beatiful Chef's hat inside mansion. Of course, there was a few more things I borrowed, like a bronze sword to protect my slavic ways if it would come to this. Also, found a living chick so I naturally, abducted it. Then, when I passed the doors to outside, my slavic-senses started to tingle. The other man was not alone anymore, in fact, there was a warrior standing beside Him. I could feel the blood in my veins pumping up, the muscles firing up, I was ready to run, to scream, to yell, to protect my hats. After all, retreat is also an viable strategy! But somehow, I was paralyzed by the fear. I just watched how man come up to me, His blade inches from me, then...
We just exchanged names and He let me loot more if I needed to do so and just, not to get in their way or try anything funny to wagon. How dare He! In fact, the horse did dare. I landed on the long decayed corpse of a cow... then milked it. I can't let good milk waste and I will feel bad later with myself.
Also, remember kids, what uncle Madao-san will tell You now. If You ever, EVER make a minehole, make your security always a top priority. Bad people, bad monsters, bad anything that moves, lives under your homes, houses, beds, wardrobes. Lurks and only waits for a chance to come in and make some disgracious crimes and left some nasty scents!

Last edited by Aceb on Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A quest for a hat. - W10
Haven't spawned yet
Aceb

Postby darkness54321 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:47 am

Hey I Saw You Were At Warriors remedy A Few Posts Ago I Just Wondered If You Found My Village Harthwaite Before Leaveing That Area Or Is it In One Of The Posts I Have Not Read Yet I Will See Since I Am Going To Finish Them After I Post This Anyways Exsited For More To Come
darkness54321

Postby Aceb » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:55 pm

darkness54321 wrote:Hey I Saw You Were At Warriors remedy A Few Posts Ago I Just Wondered If You Found My Village Harthwaite Before Leaveing That Area Or Is it In One Of The Posts I Have Not Read Yet I Will See Since I Am Going To Finish Them After I Post This Anyways Exsited For More To Come

Name seems familiar and I recall that I might pass by but I do not have any pics from that location, as some weren't saved.
A quest for a hat. - W10
Haven't spawned yet
Aceb

Postby jorb » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:26 pm

Cool story, bro!
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Ragitas » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:34 am

That was a great reading, thanks:).
Ragitas

Postby Aceb » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:49 am

There's half more. Another part coming today, not sure when but 100% today.

Thanks You all for comments =)
A quest for a hat. - W10
Haven't spawned yet
Aceb

Postby Aceb » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:27 pm

Day 8

The storm is coming. I can hear it, I can see it, I can smell it, even if it's the quiests of storms. Black, yet silent clouds are shooting with yellow, sparkly thunders left and right. Solid earth beneath my foot might yell but it is not going to surrender to powerful nature of the heaven. The land of Kingdom of Storms is a very friendly place, but there was a lot less enjoyable views that I could hope for. But oh well, I managed to find the land of the looters from previous day. What a surprise, huh.
I remember in our ancestor lands, that I used to make squares like this too, when I was just, but a small sprucecap. While I still see it more practical, I've long abandoned such simple way of farming. I can't deny I like it, but I'm more ambitious than I was back then, during our ancestors times....

The colors represent so much. I've often see how people try to be artistic if not autistic, about their home places. Trying different setups, paving in some nice pattern or just trying to get the colors right. It's a shame, that there's not enough colors for our all likings. It somewhat forces You to compromise what would You wish to accomplish in being more unique or original but from the other point of You, some says that the less tools artist have, the higher and better is quality of their jobs, as they have to be more... smart. Black and red pavements, not only red brick walls, but on the other hand... rainbow palisades? That would be even too much for me. One is sure for me thou, thee people of this kingdom on the south, surely have big likings in the green stuff...
And so, I find a land, where there are multiple squares of ruins or just naked pavement left. I was happy to explore something even somewhat more unique than the previous things I've seen, but later, a horrific scen have come upon my eyes. A lot of hearthlings have lost their life here. A skele-ton of decayed corpses down to the white bone, left untended, forgotten, ashamed. It made me think about making a church or graveyard, where all the poor souls could find eternal peace. Then again, there are people who already do so, without bigger applause. I don't want to steal their... holy glory. Apparently, animal corpses were still... full of milk.

Seems like I have already made a somewhat circle around this world? No, not quite yet. The name of the village fooled me, as this is the other Solace I remember. Even the mother nature tells me that, by different mud and earth around me. Fairly I'll admit, it fooled me at first, but my memory and body isn't that old yet.

Sometimes, I can't resist water and it's surrouding. Everyone has their inner kid that must be satisfacted or else, Your lego will be always in another castle. See a leaf on a water? Must dump in. See a clean, untouched by man's hand island? Must leave your own mark, like in fresh snow. Sometimes You can't reject view or is it that view can't reject You? Kind of, both, perhaps.

The end point of my journey was Brodgar. A living place, full of people that waves back to You... or not. I enjoyed how people differently do their own stuff, in their own, unique way. I've met a person called Bean, who was a very kind person to me and gave me another hat, to my rising collection. I've spent some time walking around Brodgar and embracing it sights. Hope, the place will become something great. Getting out of Brodgar, I could see a goat for the first time in my live, while on top of that, saving a new Chip from a fox. I would end this day, by getting some food and by food I mean, that It won't kill and cook itself, right? That boar was probably worth the thrashing it gave me and destroying my beloved batcape. Hunger is always the strongest feeling, remember.
A quest for a hat. - W10
Haven't spawned yet
Aceb

Postby Aceb » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:14 pm

Day 9

New day, new challenges. With good memories from brodgar and still healing wounds from my last dinner, I packed my belongings and moved forward. Yet another Chip has disappeared meantime, but at least, that one did it silently during the night, instead of poofing out of my hand. Land of Hedgehug kingdom is very wide and very long but for some reason, I found myself a lot of times crossing a tiny paths of no-man's land between it and such wonderful named kingdom... Whatever.

For the last time in my journey, I decided to take yet another Chip, since my backpack looks so lonely and life-less without a companion to speak to. Rumors says, that intelligent people tend to speak to themself. I see it more as a way of going into insanity and arkham. I believe in companionship, talking to your little fur friends, taking care of them. I find it way more productive, creative and maybe logical. Since explaining something to a duck would be better than explaining it to yourself. You won't quack on error.
So, here's the one of few world miracles I found during my travels. See this village my friend? Banana village is just a unsuspicious names for the future victims of this place. Just take a clooser look. No man was seen inside for a long time, yet village is alive, active and You can smell something fishy about it. Upon closer investigation and boosting Chip to peek through palisade, we saw a lot of seemingly domesticated animals. You won't be ever, ever so wrong. This village is ruled by evil sheep, that eat any naive heartling that steps inside. Seems there was also a rebellion inside sheeps, probably the good sheeps have lost and their leaders, a pack of horses, were taken as a slaves. I started to run from the place, but it seems I was followed by a messenger of death. Her name was... Dolly.

Next bigger and alive village I saw was presenting me with a fate worse than death. On the insufficient space, being lock inside, I saw a hordes of hordes animals caged in. Why, why would anyone do such cruel thing? Even from the productive point of logic, You can't access everything this way and it builds up only chores of butchering, milking and stuff like this! Unbelieveable. I made a cross symbol with my hands and moved on. This place is a mess.

Next place I visited, was one of the most pleasant I must say. It's a villaged called Foxdale, where I met person named Rondel. He was a very kind man to me, supplying me for the travel as well as providing a hat. He said the friendship is the best reward, after refusing mine box of matches as somewhat act of kindness in return. I was given as well as bottle of wine, that I had kept for very special occasion. Little I know, that occasion was coming but let's not spoil that yet. One more time, thank You greatly, Rondel. I certainly have to visit this place, one time, again.

There was a lot of active farm places further one, but not worth mentioning as every single one has just to be efficient in every way and nothing really special feelings about them. On my search for the den to hide for the night, I found a Pharaon on a great mighty black stead, wielding a Battleaxe of the Twelfth Bay. My heart started to pound faster, unconsciously grabbing my backpack full of hats and started to look around to find a quick way of advantage path that would make it harder to chase on a horse. Luckily for me, the quiet Pharaon just ignored my presence and let me passby. I still call it a close one. That made me consume some food from Rondel, before setting of to dreamland.
A quest for a hat. - W10
Haven't spawned yet
Aceb

PreviousNext

Return to The Inn of Brodgar