A quest for a hats - A journey throught the old world!

General discussion and socializing.

Re: A quest for a hats - A journey throught the old world!

Postby Aceb » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:06 pm

Day 10
With my morale, soul and mind in high spirits after last friendship and adventures made, I move forward on, knowing that soon, I will have to face the mountains. On the early days, that was a place where people were fighting a lot. I can't say that area itself it's interesting. Just a highground wasteland with a couple of natural resources that can be used in industry... and full of silliness and snakes!
Have to met Rondel was a big pleasure. However, I wouldn't expect that during my journey, I will met once again, a person which whom, I had biggest friendship. For the first time this world and year, I've met and spoken to the very best friend I've made in haven. This is where I made the exception of revealing my true self to someone, as this is the only way I could do so. In fact, our not only unexpected, but so long and pleasant, that I lost myself in time and space for so long, that I forgot I had to continue my journey. Of course, Amanda refused to let me go without helping me out first. For time like this, every struggle and experience worth it. Few memories won't describe how much that mean and is, but nevertheless, memories should be share a little, atleast. Rondel special wine occasion, had found it's self... twice.
Turns out, I can't say I had that friendship. I still have it and for that, I am grateful. I don't know when the time has passed, but I never been at someone's place for so long, for so much unexpected fun, a lot of talk and hearth to hearth moments. But good times have to end, quests have to continue! A lovely person with lovely time to spend with. It wasn't that far to the mountains and so, good times changed into sillybad time from jumping and climbing highgrounds, to running and escaping and hiding from vicious goats and shnakes! At least the world-wide know one of best water sources if not the best one, somewhat let to ease my sore throat from yelling from fun flights and while escaping from wild life!

One of last places this day I managed to visit is Mr.Toad nad his Black Glasses village. I met there somebody, who I asked for water. I patiently wait but after getting a barrel of such finest water, it was still on claimed land and I couldn't even sniff it. The gifter seemed not to notice that little fact and haven't bothered to move the barrel for me. Disappointed and with sadness in my smile I moved on. No point in sitting and waiting for not spoiled milk.
Last edited by Aceb on Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A quest for a hat. - W10
Haven't spawned yet
Aceb

Postby Amanda44 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:08 pm

<3, it was a delight to have you come visit and what a lovely conversation we had about life!

Loving your story, you have a unique way with words and the way you view the shape of the old world, it's great to see all these places and what people have/had done in the world. It's the best bit about an old world, exploring what once was.

Looking forward to the next instalment. :D
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby Aceb » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:19 pm

Amanda44 wrote:<3, it was a delight to have you come visit and what a lovely conversation we had about life!

Loving your story, you have a unique way with words and the way you view the shape of the old world, it's great to see all these places and what people have/had done in the world. It's the best bit about an old world, exploring what once was.

Looking forward to the next instalment. :D

<3

Sorry for the delay, but next parts will shop us somewhere Friday and forward.
A quest for a hat. - W10
Haven't spawned yet
Aceb

Postby Aceb » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:22 pm

Day 11 - Part 1

I took a longer break, to rest for a while, gather energy for further journey. From what I can tell, I slowly reach lands I was born to or at least, familiar with. Shouldn't take much more until the circle has been complete and everyone inside it can be sacrificed in the name of the hat lord! But I must be careful, I saw a runestone that was emitting dangerous aura, with the warning of possible doom. Being scared a bit, I've hide temporary in the closest hole I could find. Seeing two snails racing for a rock, made me forget about everything around me. I was cheering for the other one thou...

First village I visited today was bone zone, which greeted me with the sight of lying, dead trees on green square and huge and by huge I mean really huge brickwall afterwards. I must admit that as far as I've seen a lot of settlements, that one wins the award of the cleanest one as I did not see much of junk lying around for the view as well as stuff seemingly looking organized. Pleasure for someone looking at details like this.
Next one was New Otterdawn which without a laaaaarge field of flax or wheat would be just completely empty place inside. A lot of logs, empty fields just lying around around it's palisade. Ghost town just yelling with doom and void from the inside. That's at least what I think since obviously I couldn't get inside. Cruel fate of big villages, once people inside it starts to scatter. Probably exaggerate and village is being used but still, sad look. The very last Chip disappeared. Might all my Chips be in chicken haven.
As I like to use wild horses as some kind of a seat for my legs to rest a little from constant walking, running and squatting... Kidding, You do not need your legs to rest from squatting...! Anyway, I tried to temporary befriend this one horse, it took a while for it to trust me but then, this happen... It suddenly and quick circled around me and... please... don't eat my brain...

You can't see me, but here I am, merely hidden in your sight as well as Wally. I bet You will not find him Here...! A bit of silliness won't kill anyone as long as that moose... keep staring. Still having some sheningans experienced earlier I had to take a swamp bath to get rid of few of my wounds as well as to become one with nature. Leeches are my friends, wisps are my colleagues, chiming bells are my teachers.

Have You ever considered what mustache mean to You, your friends, family, bystanders, people You just dodge each day on crossroads, community market or wilderness? We live in times where we have such a little things to express our inner selfs, egos, roles we assumed. Yet we probably carve for more of them. After all, a great mustache represents a great man. Unless it is a women then, it is cheeky and fishy. Probably should run. I dedicate this train of thoughts to great mustache man. (No, I haven't met him.)

While traveling further, I met a settlement with somewhat long claim and palisade. Unfortunately for me I saw a dangerous warriors inside, who just opened palisade for me to passby. Probably for many people it would seem like a trap, but how could I refuse such wordless helperino from someone else? That person let me pass and for that, I'm grateful. Is that a twitch flag...?
Last edited by Aceb on Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A quest for a hat. - W10
Haven't spawned yet
Aceb

Postby Aceb » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:36 pm

Day 11 - part 2

JBCP village was next I've seen on my way. That one is unique because it's a very long but not wide village. I must admit, they play a little with colors and placement of their stuff. I tried to find someone active inside to talk to, but, this time seems I couldn't make a new friendship so I just ride into sunset. I'll never know if it could be an opportunity for awesome hat or just been lucky to get away without being killed. You never know...

Usually people complain farming is boring, unattractive or they get themselfs in situation where they force themselfs to it. Sure, if You make your farming plot too big that it takes years to harvest and replant, it sure is pain in the butt. I'm one of few who never actually complain too much about it. I like farming how it is, not that I won't enjoy any new changes to it. Maybe it is because I never force myself to make a very big plot or just that I find a balance between two. Sure, one person can make very big plot, but with current tools, if You make it too big, You simply start to hate the job very quickly. Sometimes, it's better to hire some pair of hands to help You out or have friends... or use some high advanced... tools. How this thought hits someone who's on journey and don't have to take a care for farm? Simple. Many places that make it past camp milestone, had bigger farm plots and from knowledge gathered during my travels, conclusion is coming itself. If You make yourself or your farmer suffer, that will be the first part to your village downfall.
Runestones. The ancient form of communication between our ancestors, their ancestors and now, us. While in the past, it was usually to show someone a middle finger, threat or love letter to their mother, nowadays, people are more kind to each other, using this as some sort of beginning of new friendship, trademark or just invite to stick together. Well, some are just gibberish, new-old threats or well... Some people like to get poetic or generally, a big more creative. Even if it's a middle finger with sweet words, hidden in few paragraphs.
Haven and Hearth space journey program 2018.
I've seen a couple of small markets on my way. Usually, sadly, I must say prices were highly unfair. Nothing compared to community fair to be completely honest. Maybe that's why those aren't that much succesful or just it was my timing to see it mostly empty or something close to it. Maybe it's the way of thinking that it is easy to build and keep? Surely, it takes a lot of more to do this. Only people that true believe, they can run a succesful market and put a lot of work into it, can make a good market. Who knows. I yet have to try and visit community fair as I have somehow missed it on my way, when I was passing south border.

Last edited by Aceb on Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A quest for a hat. - W10
Haven't spawned yet
Aceb

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:51 am

wow the bone zone truly is the most beautiful zone
ChildhoodObesity

Postby Aceb » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:48 pm

Day 11 - part 3

That's the another time when I hit last hope village place. This time I haven't seen a mister Mommo around so I did not felt safe. I've only make sure that white skull on black pavement is still visible and head out into direction I haven't been yet. Maybe in anoter time, I'll inspect this place, for now, let it be just the only place that must be avoid just for safety.
After making a full circle, I've sit for short time to consider kingdom which one was the best in terms of seeing living souls. The land of Hedgehug was most active one if I dare to say so, after it it seem'd like Kingdom of Storms, Fire&Ice. Kingdoms of DIS, Akihabara and Northern Kingdom seemed to be somewhat yet active or coming back to life, as I could certainly point fingers on new or active plots. Most of death to me was looking the realm of Whatever and Ebanumbia, barely few souls I could find alive on those lands. Obviously, I won't count some very, very small ones in here. I just wonder from that... how many times people rotate, by any means or if they would even rotate without being forced to do so.
At this point, I'm half way in my quests for hats. People tend to ask me if I collect premium hats or craftable hats I do not have yet. While I appreciate the second ones, I wouldn't dare to ask for the first one. Also, You have to remember, that I'm collecting all hats, even those I have. I just don't take more than two from one place. My collection must be from all over the world! You probably say that, "hey, that's cheap!" and I say yeah, that is but look now, I've made a big circle around world and even while accepting copies, I still have got only half backpack of those! Don't ask me why how it is even possible, but it seems, that this world, people tend to drop everything from cupboard to ground in abandoned places, regardless if that's a junk, useful or waste of time. The abandoned farms aren't as easy to get rid of and people don't waste their time destroying ruins... because it's not probably that quick to do as vanish items. Also, remember that at time of journey, there was barely sufficient number of craftable hats that could fill inventory. On top of that, make the quest impossible for silk based hats, unless I would decide to change my profession from awesome adventure traveler to knocking on door beatiful Bilbo Beggar.
One of few villages that actually hit my palate very much. Actually I stopped here for a moment to view it from all angles and maybe with hope of meting it's inhabitant. Was unlucky with that last but still, I would like to have more of such neighbours in future. Fort Alley, might You be remembered even when You perish with this world!
A quest for a hat. - W10
Haven't spawned yet
Aceb

Postby Aceb » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:20 pm

Day 11 - part 4

Knarrs, the definition of a rich villages, that can have a multiple of those for their disposal, usually with some nice graphic on the sail, the specific color of boards, cloth and blocks used... One makes You stop and enjoy, others makes You run as fast as You can. The only real issue is a tar, stuff someone like me can't afford to produce as it requires time and place. That's why from time to time, I tend to hop on someones else knarr for a second just to enjoy the view of the sea and sail. The size does matter... but not as much as the quality!

I swear I love this type of ground so much... There's no time where I did not stop just to enjoy those happy colors. Almost was sad for me to find settlements that did not even tried to use this to their decour advantage.
People tend to have beatiful dreams but, what about nightmares? Just imagine right after going to sleep, You have a dream where everything is destroyed in minutes, treasure gets stolen and the everything You have left is the stuff You hold so dear to yourself and that creepy fisherman stalking You from behind your bed... every single dream, He just sits there in the corner and watch You sleep...
I almost regret there's not so much You can do in shallow water. At times I found a nice, enjoyable ponds of shallow water that just ask for something astetic to be done to them. All what's left is just being silly and that's what I'm luckily good at, so obviously, I cannot slip an occassion just to act dumb. Sometimes it's stronger than You think and it's better to enjoy than fight that feeling. And by the way... there be dragons!
Sometimes, it seems people are somewhat creative in utilising soil or junk they don't need. I must admit, seeing from time to time pyramid like that, is a cool thing to inspect. Now, since we have a batman hat, someone could sit on top of such mountain and just ~NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA BATMAN~ to people walking by. But overally, the owner of this place has a nice touch for me. Keep the good work people!
Compared to previous days, this one for now is the longest. I've also noticed, that when usually I could say I saw more places with dead animals inside, this day, despite being the longest, had also more alive settlements than dead ones. Also, probably area around Hedgehugs realm and inside it, had as for now, most of beatiful places I shall remember. It doesn't mean other did not have those, just a little less or is it just that Hedgehugs rule a very big land, which is most friendly as it is, for now... Brodgar included. Next day, I should probably head off to community fair, as going in any direction now, will lead me eventually to a place I've already been. The only thing is to find a proper road to lead me in the correct direction, since wild hedgehugs doesn't wanna talk too much...
Last edited by Aceb on Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A quest for a hat. - W10
Haven't spawned yet
Aceb

Postby Amanda44 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:44 am

Aceb wrote:Day 11 - part 4 *NEW*

People tend to have beatiful dreams but, what about nightmares? Just imagine right after going to sleep, You have a dream where everything is destroyed in minutes, treasure gets stolen and the everything You have left is the stuff You hold so dear to yourself and that creepy fisherman stalking You from behind your bed... every single dream, He just sits there in the corner and watch You sleep...

:lol: ... that looks pretty creepy, that's going to give me nightmares now!
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby Aceb » Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:46 am

Amanda44 wrote:
Aceb wrote:Day 11 - part 4 *NEW*

:lol: ... that looks pretty creepy, that's going to give me nightmares now!

You're being immune to creppy mustache fisherman as You are the one who spawned him on the first place. ¦]
A quest for a hat. - W10
Haven't spawned yet
Aceb

PreviousNext

Return to The Inn of Brodgar