A quest for a hats - A journey throught the old world!

General discussion and socializing.

Re: A quest for a hats - A journey throught the old world!

Postby Amanda44 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:23 am

Aceb wrote:
Amanda44 wrote:
:lol: ... that looks pretty creepy, that's going to give me nightmares now!

You're being immune to creppy mustache fisherman as You are the one who spawned him on the first place. ¦]

Haha ... and yay! :D
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby Aceb » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:26 pm

Day 12 - part 1
Meadows, probably my second favourite type of land that exist in this world. Usually filled up with different kinds of flowers, animals and free food just basically lying on the ground, which You can shove up your mouth and nothing bad happens! Isn't this amazing?! I've passed many chicks, but I've overcome the strong desire to bring another Chip to my adventure. It should have it life, with it's family... unless that is, a fox happens. Then, it's just living a little less than a day in my backpack and it's life is less insteresting. Also, curiosity can kill people, chicks, bears and trolls.
Straw hat, a simple hat but it matches so many configurations and especially, travelers. There was that one time when I passed near a man, with twelve bay at His hand and wasn't even scared. Two man wearing a strawhat might understand each other without words or maybe it was our mustaches? Who knows... One thing is sure, if You have too many different hats, it's harder to decide which one to wear if You don't care for gildings...
Sometimes wild life likes to play with You in a dirty way. I've been walking along this bear for a long time until we found this place. It took me time to scavenge it in search for a hat, but alas, this bear was a true companion. Until I've come too close to mine. Apparently, it didn't like it and started toi charge my way, so I just had to jump in for protection. Why Mr. Bear You had to betray me after wonderful walk we had with each other? You weren't the first better animal just trying to scratch my butt, You were almost a true friend... to me.
Warframe NO.1 was the first todays village, that I've tried to get in and visit, but haven't found it's people at the time. Village looks very clean and tidy, seems to be organised and nice in overlook. I was hoping to find it's knarr but, sadly, there was just this small, little boat. But I'm going always to pay respect to people who build up those laterns and lit them on. It's a nice touch.

I had once an idea to try and find a burrow on a small island, surrounder by water. Sadly, I couldn't find such place or it was a bigger island but already occupied. I would built around it just in pure ascetic reason, without a claim, but knowing one day someone might just to come and wreck it for fun... Yes, we could say that someone could just start to live there but, let's not fool each other. It wouldn't be enough space even for fisherman type of hermit.
A quest for a hat. - W10
Haven't spawned yet
Aceb

Postby Aceb » Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:45 am

Day 12 - part 2

Roleplay and immersion. Many people get into it pretty well, but due to that, their will often is shattered when they met their doom from the two-handed axe of big guy, often combined with cry and rage about being powerless against force like this. Honestly, worst times for that have already passed, now it is better now than ever. After all, I was lucky three times to not get pet with that blade. To be sincere, this whole adventure made me somewhat close to my current "body" and "soul". Almost givnig those sad feelings of knowing, that this trip, might end soon.
I've happened to collect stuff from time to time from abandoned places, with hope of trade or later use. 3 metal bars I was carrying around with hope to reach community fair and trade it for a hat. It happened by fate, that it's usage was quite different. I found two nice guys in the middle of nowhere, which gave me some support as well as some pies. I give them all metal bars I had in a way of gratitude and continued my journey. May we met again Justforthis.
Standing in a place like this, being able to see horizon and everything between me and it, I was thinking, how it comes that so far, only one person did not ask why hats, just straight away gave the answer, before I could even start talking. That part of dialogue, will stay with me for some time, for sure.
Justforthis: why hats?
Justcompanion: Because hats are awesome.
Madao-san: Here's the best answer in the world!
Justcompanion: You can never have enough hats.
Along the way, I met a strange grasshoper. It was carrying a barrel on top of it's back. Something so small, being so strong...? Actually, that's funny. It might be famous last words of each green guy dying underground, where no one can hear it yell. Anyway, i did not wanted to mess with the green guy. After all it might been a traveler like me. We only found together, one common reflexion... why it is that gates are sometimes the only part of walls, that usually stay behind after some time? Then, we parted out ways.

Sometimes, it just good to sit down and rest. Being in constant pressure, doesn't bring anything good. Unless, there some snakes bastard around. Those dastardly animals are the only thing that could stand between You and your well earned rest. And well, don't be angry at russian people, just because they can't speak the same tongue.
I tell You what, the next animal that I hate after snakes, is wolverine! Those shneaky bastards have tendency to chase critters that run into You or just hide behind knolls. Yeah, sure, I can grab that squirell and try to help it escape, but I'm as fast as it, against that x-animal. I often find those hanging around dead places, almost like hyenas, with the exception that those will laugh at You, taunt You and wait for You to be in a state, where all that's left is to finish You... While compared to wolverine, run into cave or ruins as soon as You can. Bears, You can at least hug, before dying.
Couldn't jump over, huh? Abandoned, wooden green beasts like that aren't that rare thing. Waste is a waste, can't do anything about it, sadly. Even salt water can't damage those abandoned locks.

A quest for a hat. - W10
Haven't spawned yet
Aceb

Postby Aceb » Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:36 pm

Day 12 - part 3

After bypassing the abandoned knarr, I found this stranded horse, walking around. It is about a time I could use some company. I decided to try and find a home for it, before it's too late for it. We passed many places, active or not, full of life or life being the only stuff, that is running out. After all, dying in some abandoned places far from anyone is the worst thing that could happen to anyone. Welcome aboard, Boxer.
So, on top of making ugly, square-like bay, which I thought it is impossible making something like that in default, I had no idea there are areas, that holds heaven on mine supports. I must admit, that it gives a little more opportunity for detailed architecture. Some ideas are born by mistakes.
Usually big villages or capitals have cool pavements or arts done, that is closed for outside world. I find it a bit of a waste, since stuff like that please the eye. I can understand completely people hiding it thou. After all, many are afraid of copycats and want their areas to remain unique. Other thing that nobody probably want all kind of people snooping around everything like bloody hell detectives.
From time to time, it happens that I find in a random place, some far away, a grave with name that is familiar to me. How big chance it is, that this person was the exact same person I know? Was their death, a cause to severe ties with other people they know during their lifes? Or maybe is that they haven't really care anytime, just hanging around or by accident, being in same place at a time or something. I don't know, I can miss few people, but will they miss me? True friendship is worth everything?
Yeah in case You wonder, I still find some of them alive, avoiding, acting or assuming we never knew each other. That's sad but life is life, eh? Not that I'm gonna blame them much. Rumors have it, that some people aknowledge your existence as long as You can be any way useful to them and as long as that last. Bonds of men are easly broken, Insidious, gluttony, greedy, hateful, jealous monstrosities that lurks in corners, waiting to backstab You. Worry on thee, land is still full of decent people, that haven't been twisted. Or not yet, twisted.
A quest for a hat. - W10
Haven't spawned yet
Aceb

Postby Aceb » Tue May 01, 2018 2:42 am

Day 12 - part 4

I'm sure I will not reach Community Fair before this day ends. Nothing to regret, as this day was as unique as every other day and that, is what makes me happy. I learned a lot during this journey and perhaps this is not last time when I take the role of gadabout and travel this world. I might fall into charm of what people can and cannot do and what remains or is still in construction, the people met and lost, the companions taken and rescued. For longer terms, this is not a viable way of life, unless You truly don't care for most, that is just temporary wealth in any form.
When I compare east to west, I can say few things and I've noticed, that might probably be true but don't have to. East is more wild in terms of numbers of settlements compared to that on West part. Abandoned included. There's so much space on east part of this world to be used, not counting that colour full one I like so deeply. On the other hand, East part has a lot more "so called villages" that just are idols inside a very small and tight palisade. Really, is that really something You can call "a village" ...? It makes me sometimes to stop, vomit and enjoy nature. But amount of people would be similar that I've met.
Sadly, in this world, You cannot find a home for homeless horse. It's 5th horse I found so far that I had to put to eternal rest, since it couldn't go anymore. It's really a shame, here and there You hear about people for care for their animals, but as long as it is not one of theirs, it can go to hell, waste and junkpile. One of people I met during my travels, telepathically informed me about finding one of my many burrow runestones, which was as well as grave for one of such horses. Apparently a thief was hiding in one of them... but haven't eat my fellow, dead companion. That is something that I can respect.
Sometimes people decide to take over some ruins as their new homes and make those full of life once again. Awkwardly, they tend to left their places wide open so people can take whenever they want, just leaving green odor behind them. Smelly bastards but, if You don't make a proper security, don't complain later... And by the way, I almost thought I've gained another companion... but I do not resolve to stealing.
Also, kudos to people who leave such fine runestones from time to time in different places with cool quotes, that present some value. Is it new or old for me, it doesn't matter. I'm just glad I found more of those than I found middle fingers... Unless those were in russian then I might. For the end of this day, enjoy this lovely knarr.

Last edited by Aceb on Wed May 02, 2018 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
A quest for a hat. - W10
Haven't spawned yet
Aceb

Postby Aceb » Wed May 02, 2018 12:45 am

Day 13 - part 1 *NEW*

Another day, another challenges! This day I must reach Community fair, with hopes of trading some goods for a decent hat. It probably won't be easy, but I'm determined and will stay that way until my last breath. Time to move on! I don't wanna be like this guy here, having to rest every day, for every hour, every minute, every single damn second.
I hope You can forgive me for being more and more boring with each day. It's hard to describe the journey and my feelings at this very moment. I don't want to repeat myself since there's no point in that. With each day, I'm getting closer and closer to my goal. I'm even surprised it takes so long, since I've seen somewhere of 400 different places and got only as far as 20 hats... Somewhat it is hard for me to believe that any clothing is hard to find in ruins...
In case if You noticed and wonder how it comes my cloth are tattered, my arms are scratch and I'm generally missing some health, here's an answer to your curiosity. Bloody badger decided to attack me despite keeping some decent distance. But You know what? I showed it how it is done, but I wouldn't dare to try wolverine, shnake or a horse... Especially that last one, it kicks reeeeaaaally hurts. Especially when You forget to jump off before temporary riding pact expires. Also, name of this road... just why...? Was it really necessary?
In correct daytime, without permanent night vision in your eyes, it is possible from time to time to catch a glimpse of really cool view if You manage to be in correct place in correct time. It is very rare, but from time to time, places gain some charm only at specific sun position. I really enjoyed that little yellow vision for a second...
Significant appartments village is another pretty cool example. It's unique in it's own way, clean, without single junk lying around from what I've seen. Stay in area for longer just to try and met somebody from inside but I was unlucky to do so. Nonetheless, I made a couple more circles around it with hope of finding an entrace to enjoy what views are hidden deeper but to no surprise, everything was shut tight. Only that dead horse outside...
A quest for a hat. - W10
Haven't spawned yet
Aceb

Postby Aceb » Fri May 18, 2018 6:34 pm

Pardon for the break. Stuff happens. I'll try to post more parts than one each day, to make for it.

Day 13 - part 2

Sometimes, chasing throught the forest, I notice seemingly random places, where graves exists. It always put in my mind a question. Was this person buried here on purpouse, by random since He died here or someone selected that location because it was just looking nice? In that case, it is pretty obvious this place was once a farm for someone, which, decayed into wilderness once again. From nature we are born, to nature, we shall return.
Since ever our race discovered magically a way to build up stone fences, I don't see anything else, that could fit into position as... fence. Still, seeing old ruins, where someone was creative or tried to avoid being boring as much as possible with their architecture, is admirable way of doing things. Those white trellises looks so cool. It is a shame I couldn't see the place when it was full of life, instead of whistling wind. Also, a question. Is killing animal a mercy, before it runs out of food or not? Not that I did that... but people tend to do... this.
The villages, places like Oakheart despite it's nice name, are places that give goosebumps. After first look, the impresion is clear, this place is creepy, unfriendly, un-nice and generally, if it serves a purpouse, it's very bad one. I mean, I get it, some people don't give a damn bronze quill about how their place looks like as long as they know where their stuff is or it's serves it purpouse, but... this? For my own luck, I couldn't get inside, so not much to imagine. At least there was a black horse walking around, which I decide to snatch from such place. Was far enough from any personal claim issues.

People living inside of Hedgehugs really likes circles. I could find in each kingdom people who would make a circle farm here and there, but I swear, the most biggest circle farms or biggest number of farms like this I could find, was at this very kingdom. Well, at least it gives a somewhat unique view just simply from other type of terrain and other kingdom name, yes? Still, I wonder how much it has to struck into eye people who have to have their farms organized in squares or how much asymmetric... especially when nearly each part of it grows in different time.
This sheep... it looks... familiar... Oh God, that one must be a scout from that banana village ruled by sheeps I found days earlier! I must run, quickly, before that scouting sheep report about me and this village where it many people have died out of starvation... I don't wanna take the blame...! And by the way, Cat land village looks nice. And dead.
Wild life is a very funny topic in terms of behaviour. One day animals assist You, one day they bring You some accompany, other time, they sit around for minutes doing nothing to You, like friendly dogs, just to attack You the moment You are ready to leave. I get being alone sucks for some people and animals, but I don't have to be attacked right away... I know I'm ugly.
And no. Leashing animal on rope is not friendship. Unless it is a horse. Then that's okay.

A quest for a hat. - W10
Haven't spawned yet
Aceb

Postby Aceb » Sun May 20, 2018 2:49 am

Day 13 - part 3

My dark friend is slowly losing it life. I decided to let that one go, with hopes, it can still survive. The area was fairly populated where I left it, so chance for it survival should be high. Eventually someone won't be hungry for dinner, but I hope it won't come to that. Walking a bit forward, I found a huge, totally huge ruins of village called Jojo. It made me wonder, if I would reach it when it was an active place instead of ruins, how it would looks like, how many heartlings would run around, minding their own business and respective roles? Inside one of the houses, I found a living soul... another friend, to show me around. I guess I must be lucky in terms of finding horses...

Here also I found another hat. There was a ton of straw hats and only one Slav hat. Ofcourse I had to take the Slav one. Getting back to Jojo Village, I spend hours exploring it every corner, checking every view and cupboard. I could also find some clothes that despite being old, were still better than my current ones. Why such big place would fall like that?
In one way, I would wish there would be so much more big ruins like this to explore, but from another, it is good as it is. I like to have something to explore, but I have to remember, it was once a forest, that was turned into a town, that for some reason one day, started to decay, empty of life, embracing any thiefs into it warm treasures. Also, a mandatory thing to do before I leave, if I find a sleeping princess... To watch, how they sleep... Funny thing that when I did that, someone have stolen "my" horse...
The only thing I regret so far? It has been two weeks and I still forget to take the darn rope from every place I visit and see it!
A quest for a hat. - W10
Haven't spawned yet
Aceb

Postby Aceb » Tue May 22, 2018 12:44 am

Day 13 - part 4

I've continued my journey on foot, scavening ruins in search for hats, looking for friendships in active plots, before I will lie my head down in random burrow found along the way. As true homeless man as I man, burrows are the only resting place, that is relatively safe, comfortable and unable to make by man hand. There was a lot of runestone communication, that's a neat thing to see those days, despite having realm chat and kin telepathy.
Full is world of mean people but as well is full of good people. The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world... or just die miserable. I had luck to be spared numerous times but as well had luck to be given food, warm of bonfire and good song or two. The only thing I would wish for is to enjoy some time with other people in... a small room with a hot-air or steam bath for cleaning and refreshing our perfect naked bodies... with exception for hats. Hats must be on regardless of situation!
It's almost a shame I've not seen any nice orchards in my journey. Every single one was seemingly either random collection of random or not trees, or just simple boring lines of this and that. People might enjoy their life a little bit and make things less boring by planting the trees in a different way or something... But yeah, utility above all else.
Public places takes a lot of effort. Everything that is suppoused to be something greater, requires a lot of time and dedication. People often forget about that or thinks of themselfs too high. Because when it usually comes to spend a lot of time on something, people back out or start searching for shortcut. It doesn't work that way, luckily. Oh well, there's one shortcut but... friendship, is not for everyone.
Last edited by Aceb on Tue May 29, 2018 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A quest for a hat. - W10
Haven't spawned yet
Aceb

Postby Amanda44 » Tue May 22, 2018 10:07 am

Aceb wrote:It's almost a shame I've not seen any nice orchards in my journey. Every single one was seemingly either random collection of random or not trees, or just simple boring lines of this and that. People might enjoy their life a little bit and make things less boring by planting the trees in a different way or something

I was actually working on making a fruit tree orchard, same thought process, a proper orchard would look nice. But ... then I needed more space for animals, lol, and pens were remodified instead ...

I still have space though for a small orchard, so maybe given more time. :)

Wb btw ... :D
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

PreviousNext

Return to The Inn of Brodgar