these midge swarms tho

General discussion and socializing.

Re: these midge swarms tho

Postby Oddity » Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:53 am

loftar wrote:I find myself enjoying them.

But you only play this game for 8 hours in an entire year... How can you say you're enjoying any of the features? (especially angry midge swarms)
jadamkaz wrote:ah i remember my run in with odditown they are good ppl im sure the only reason they killed ME is because they are troll hunters and i was a troll
Oddity

Postby Headchef » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:00 am

Oddity wrote:
loftar wrote:I find myself enjoying them.

But you only play this game for 8 hours in an entire year... How can you say you're enjoying any of the features? (especially angry midge swarms)

Being a developer and getting bitten by his own midges fills him with utter joy just daydreaming about the amount of people that get annoyed by this throughout the world duration.
Headchef

Postby bitza » Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:33 pm

:twisted: Beehives are still horseshit. I would like the hear from the devs, what exactly is your intent with bee larva. Should I be able to take cows before I secure bees? Because that's much easier.

What level of development do you expect players to be at before they can build a hive as opposed to scavenging? 80 unarmed and about 40 strength and agility didn't even seem close to clearing one
Karede wrote: It takes a special kind of autism to play this game
bitza

Postby MooCow » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:19 pm

bitza wrote::twisted: Beehives are still horseshit. I would like the hear from the devs, what exactly is your intent with bee larva. Should I be able to take cows before I secure bees? Because that's much easier.

What level of development do you expect players to be at before they can build a hive as opposed to scavenging? 80 unarmed and about 40 strength and agility didn't even seem close to clearing one

Currently the level of development is [One Friend]. Killing the bees fast enough is a pipe dream, and fighting 2 creatures at the same time is roughly 4-8 times harder. Bees and ants are especially bad because they attack blue and green at the same time, which squares (to the power of 2) their effectiveness.
MooCow

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:10 am

I don't know about you guys, but after a few people mentioning how they were collecting larvae, it took me a week or so to gather up enough larvae. It was a pain in the ass, for sure, but I sure wasn't able to fight an aurochs yet.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Previous

Return to The Inn of Brodgar