these midge swarms tho

General discussion and socializing.

Re: these midge swarms tho

Postby Massa » Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:19 pm

MagicManICT wrote:
wonder-ass wrote:the point of midges is to counter afk bots in swamps... you literally have no idea what you talk about sometimes.

And people complain that nothing is done about the bots...

Massa wrote:Wild Beehives are too common considering how easy and pathetic they are. They totally aren't infinite fountains of what are essentially layer 5 slimes. Good content, I'm glad Jorb and Lorb tested them thoroughly! They're such engaging content that they were worth the dev time because I think at least 1 person at some point has done it.

many of us are in agreement with you. No need to be a complete dick about it.

They could at least attempt and test content for 10 minutes before releasing the biggest noob-fuck ever.
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

Postby Granger » Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:21 pm

Massa wrote:
MagicManICT wrote:many of us are in agreement with you. No need to be a complete dick about it.

They could at least attempt and test content for 10 minutes before releasing the biggest noob-fuck ever.

Have you actually tested them in W11 or is that pure W10 salt speaking out of you?
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby Massa » Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:31 pm

Granger wrote:
Massa wrote:
MagicManICT wrote:many of us are in agreement with you. No need to be a complete dick about it.

Have you actually tested them in W11 or is that pure W10 salt speaking out of you?

Yes I lost 3 alts trying to get them the fuck away from a hive.

We tried getting the bees stuck on a cliff edge because they spawn out of the hive too fast to kill off, and every 'collection tick' you get off of the hive spawns 1-5 extra individual aggro swarm entities. This repeats unto a non-descript stopping point, but even if you get them away from the hive or have a real character kill them, it seems like after they've been picked/raided once, they just shit out random swarms.

We had 17, seventeen, ONE-SEVEN, ooooooooooooooooo <- that many o's, stuck on a cliff, aggressive, locked onto one alt, and it still shat out more next to the hive, and the HHP damage compounds into extremes from the more stings you have. They open high as fuck for what they are - literal bees.

Once the 4 that immediately spawn upon you raiding the hive attack you, you've lost about 60-80 SHP, and 10-30 HHP. Once you manage to kill those, if you have guys doing it with you (we did), the hive spawns, like I said, 1-3 new ones to open you up to 50+ green/blue (which noobs can't simultaneously clear) EVERY SINGLE TICK YOU RAID IT. THEY SPAWN MORE. There is no realistic way to actually fucking acquire these because they seem infinite, and thus, not worth attempting to fight because 1 single HHP damage nets you -2 agility, and a single one can get about 4 hhp out of you. So that's 8 agility gone from fighting ONE fucking bee, which means you should probably kill your character rather than waiting for it to heal because now you can't hunt or attempt to do anything.

There is your essay. These are noob-fuckers.
Last edited by Massa on Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

Postby IronHorde » Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:35 pm

I've started dropping a live toad onto my claim or keeping one in my inventory. Midges were everywhere before, and now they are not. I doubt it has any correlation though.
IronHorde

Postby Granger » Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:37 pm

Thanks for the updated.

I had thought that they have toned them down a bit - after even jorb refused to demonstrate a raid in the stream).
But it seems they havn't, for obscure reasons. Question now is if we need to raid them to be able to build beehives... which, if true, would make swamps quite contested for candleberries for a long long time.
Granger

Postby Massa » Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:42 pm

Granger wrote:Thanks for the updated.

I had thought that they have toned them down a bit - after even jorb refused to demonstrate a raid in the stream).
But it seems they havn't, for obscure reasons. Question now is if we need to raid them to be able to build beehives... which, if true, would make swamps quite contested for candleberries for a long long time.

They're not even shit content, they're worse.

They're borderline impossible and the only feasible way to do it is with alts, and that's basically impossible too, considering how many skeletons I left there. They're extreme, and net basically nothing. That's why I'm a bit of a bitter prick, they obviously weren't tested in any capacity. What's wrong with them being anthills? 3-8 bee swarms when you raid it, easy and done, kill them off, take your wax.

Even moreso, people used to fuck these things up by smoking the bees out. Why can't we do that? If we're going to have horrible beeswarms, at least give us the old human way to fuck their shit.

I'll post a real post in C&I about these things though.
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

Postby Granger » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:01 pm

Massa wrote:What's wrong with them being anthills? 3-8 bee swarms when you raid it, easy and done, kill them off, take your wax.

Day 2 Level 5 mines, I guess.
Granger

Postby Vassteel » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:21 pm

have you seen an actual bee swarm, or an Africanized super colony with 400lbs of bees? the Bees should be dangerous and I feel they shouldn't stop spawning more bees at a random amount.

Just because its early in the game dosent mean everything should be easy.

besides crying over lost alts is like crying over spilt milk, just clean it up and refill the glass and go about your day.
jorb wrote:Stop shitposting.
Vassteel

Postby MagicManICT » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:27 pm

Granger wrote:Thanks for the updated.

I'm guessing you need larvae: viewtopic.php?f=42&t=63125#p801971
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Sholom » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:44 pm

Vassteel wrote:have you seen an actual bee swarm, or an Africanized super colony with 400lbs of bees? the Bees should be dangerous and I feel they shouldn't stop spawning more bees at a random amount.

Just because its early in the game dosent mean everything should be easy.

besides crying over lost alts is like crying over spilt milk, just clean it up and refill the glass and go about your day.

The real problem about them is not them being tough, the problem is the balance between effort vs reward.
Currently they are not rewarding at all. And when they'll stop being impossible they are going to be entirely useless. People end up just ignoring them and they'll continue to do just that in the late game.
Sholom

PreviousNext

Return to The Inn of Brodgar